Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama defends immigration efforts to Hispanic audience

Oct 25, 2010

Obama defends immigration efforts to Hispanic audience

12:45 PMComment

When President Obama sat down last week with Hispanic radio host Eddie "Piolin" Sotelo in Los Angeles, the interviewer gave him a choice of four topics: a) immigration reform; b) immigration reform; c) immigration reform; or d) all of the above.

Obama took the "all of the above" option, and spent most of the interview defending his efforts to seek a "comprehensive" immigration bill that would combine tougher border enforcement with a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants who are already here.

"The fact that we have not got it done is something that frustrates me and I know that it frustrates many people in the (Hispanic) community," Obama said. "But I think it's important for people to understand why it hasn't gotten done."

Obama blamed the Republicans, who say his proposed pathway to citizenship amount to amnesty for lawmakers.

http://www.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/Index
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

So until Obummer gets his voters the border will remain a mess.
    You cannot dedicate yourself to America unless you become in every
    respect and with every purpose of your will thoroughly Americans. You
    cannot become thoroughly Americans if you think of yourselves in groups. President Woodrow Wilson

"Obama blamed the Republicans, who say his proposed pathway to citizenship amounts to amnesty for lawbreakers." There I fixed it for him.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I do hope Obama will keep blaming Republicans for blocking his Amnesty all the way to Nov. 2!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Now Obama needs to defend his failure to defend our borders to the American public. Remember us, O? The voters.

Pretty hard to blame the Republicans for failure to pass ANYTHING, when the Dems hold a supermajority in both the house and the senate. Nice try though.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    I do hope Obama will keep blaming Republicans for blocking his Amnesty all the way to Nov. 2!

W
    Obama
    will not do any thing to help us he is blocking AZ & this re all napalitano is helping also well in my book they will not win . they are
    all crook . they will say any thing to get vote . look at this girl husband she want help with who shot her husband In the head . she was on fox news . & SHE SAID obama it in your Back yard .

Obama turns to 'Piolin' to rev up Latino vote
    By SUZANNE GAMBOA
    The Associated Press
    Monday, October 25, 2010; 5:42 PM

WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama, comparing the push for immigration reform to the civil rights struggle, told a Hispanic radio personality that overhauling immigration will be harder to do if Hispanics don't vote Nov. 2.

In the taped interview, aired Monday on the syndicated radio program "Piolin por la Manana" ("Piolin in the Morning"), Obama said Latino voters should press Republican candidates to publicly state whether they support immigration reform. "And if they don't publicly commit, then you've gotta vote against them," Obama said.

"Believe me, we will," replied the show's host, Eddie "Piolin" Sotelo, whose nickname means "Tweety Bird."

The interview with Sotelo, taped last Friday and conducted in English, focused largely on immigration. Sotelo asked Obama how he could ask his listeners for their vote, when they think he hasn't worked as hard to pass comprehensive immigration reform as he did health care reform.

"If Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, 'We're gonna punish our enemies and we're gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us,' if they don't see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think it's gonna be harder," Obama said.

The president also said it "makes no sense" for those impatient for immigration reform to stop participating in "the system." Instead, they should take a cue from African Americans' struggle for civil rights, he said.

"We worked for decades on civil rights. Civil rights didn't come after one year. It didn't come after two years. People had to march. They had to have their heads beaten. They had fire hoses put on them. Even after Dr. (Martin Luther) King gave his 'I Have a Dream' speech, it still took years before African Americans achieved full citizenship in this country," Obama said.

Doug Heye, spokesman for the Republican National Committee, criticized Obama's call to Latino voters to "punish our enemies."

"Suggesting that Latinos punish enemies - when unemployment for Latinos stands more than a full point higher than when the stimulus passed - is a message of desperation, rather than one from a position of strength," Heye said.

In 2008, about 9.7 million Latinos voted, about 84 percent of those registered, according to Census data.

www.washingtonpost.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Thanks for posting this info about Obama saying

"PUNISH OUR ENEMIES"

This is huge! The President of the US should never declare US Citizens that oppose him as enemies since he is the commander and chief of our top law enforcement and military.

added to the homepage

http://www.alipac.us/article5778.html

"We worked for decades on civil rights. Civil rights didn't come after one year. It didn't come after two years. People had to march. They had to have their heads beaten. They had fire hoses put on them. Even after Dr. (Martin Luther) King gave his 'I Have a Dream' speech, it still took years before African Americans achieved full citizenship in this country," Obama said.
    Both misleading and inaccurate. Dr. King was marching on behalf of American citizens, not illegal invaders. The people he fought for were, in fact, full citizens, but were being denied their rights as citizens. The illegal invaders Obama supports have no rights to defend. It must be insulting to those who marched with Dr. King or are related to those brave Americans to have their movement and successes highjacked to the benefit of illegals.

In 2008, about 9.7 million Latinos voted, about 84 percent of those registered, according to Census data.
    What was the status of the other 16 percent?
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

The president also said it "makes no sense" for those impatient for immigration reform to stop participating in "the system." Instead, they should take a cue from African Americans' struggle for civil rights, he said.

This Kenyan is shameless! How dare he disparage those that fought for civil rights in this country by associating illegal invaders that entered this country in violation of our immigration laws, with those who suffered at the hands of discrimination!

Illegal invaders present a rule of law issue, or more specifically, their refusal to obey our laws!

Obummer is nothing but an educated community organizer who thinks nothing of pitting race against this nation in order to further his agenda of creating a third-world country out of our homeland!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast