Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mr. Obama added, "If anything, this debate underscores the necessity of passing comprehensive immigration reform and resolving the issue of 12 million undocumented people living and working in this country once and for all."
    Doesn't Mr. Obama know that we resolved the issue "once and for all" in 1986 with that amnesty (or comprehensive reform)? Is he ignorant of history or just lying yet again? Well, I do suppose that opening the borders completely and allowing everybody in the world to become a citizen does solve the problem of illegal immigration once and for all -- by eliminating the concept; but, then that creates an immensely greater problem of destroying most everything that we value and cherish.

As far as I'm concerned, after decades of millions of immigrants flowing into our cities and even more millions of illegal immigrants flowing into most everywhere with amnesty after amnesty, comprehensive immigration reform = moratorium.

VIDEO of the speech

This is the video of the President speaking at the Hispanic Congressional Caucus Institute. He says in so many words, No healthcare for illegals so this is why we have to pass comprehensive immigration reform.

VIDEO is just over 1 minute. Amnesty at the 50 second mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2-dAXf3lgo
    Big Business wants cheap labor,
    Politicians want more votes.
    Americans just want a job that pays a living wage.
    Uncle Samchez

NO Amnesty unless....

No amnesty.!! Period double exclamation points.
    We can't take care of the poor and unemployed U S citizens here by birth! What the Sam Hill do we need another 12 or 20 million more citizens? What does BO get out of it? OH! I get it! He would have 12 to 20 million more votes in 2012!! Voila! He just wants some more puppets! Not just no, but HELL NO! NO AMNESTY for any illegal alien!
    The voters he bought have wised up so he wants to give a bunch of aliens amnesty so they can register to vote! No Brainer!

retiredairforce
    What NEVER is mentioned by ANYONE are the millions of immediate and extended family members brought in under an amnesty via chain migration euphemistically referred to as the "Family Reunification Act"
    very good point

I am not sure President Obama wants to do this right now. Let me phrase it differently" I hope he does not want to do this!

Maybe we should remind our politicians,that if they keep giving out citizenships for free ALL THEIR jobs will be given to GUESS WHO?

That's right! These groups will be given rights of voting and will vote their own into office. After all, Politicians cater to and bow to these groups for their votes. So maybe these politicians ought to think twice about ever doing something like this.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

"momsenior" welcome to ALIPAC and the continual fight for this country

POsting this article AGAIN:
    Vernon Briggs, a Cornell University labor economics professor stated:

"The toleration of illegal immigration undermines all of our labor; it rips at the social fabric. It's a race to the bottom. The one who plays by the rules is penalized... a guest worker program guarantees wages will never go up, and there is no way American citizens can compete with guest workers."

An amnesty for illegal aliens forgives their act of illegal immigration and implicitly forgives other related illegal acts such as driving and working using false documents. The result of an amnesty is that large numbers of foreigners who illegally gained entry into the United States are rewarded with legal status for their breaking the law. In January, 2004 President Bush Proposed an earned legalization program for illegal aliens. This is an amnesty under another name.

Tidal wave of illegal immigration.

For over 200 years, the United states only granted amnesty in individual cases and had never given amnesty to large numbers of illegal aliens. Then in 1986, Congress passed the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA) which gave amnesty to all illegal aliens who had evaded law enforcement for at least four years or who were working illegally in agriculture. This resulted in 2.8 million illegal aliens being admitted as legal immigrants to the United States.

Because of chain migration, those granted amnesty have brought in an additional 142,000 dependents - relatives brought in to the United States to join their family members.

The amnesty of 1986 was supposed to be a "one time only" amnesty. Yet since 1986, Congress passed a total of 7 amnesties for illegal aliens:

The Immigration and Reform Control Act (IRCA) Amnesty of 1986 - the "one-time only" blanket amnesty for some 2.8 million illegal aliens.
    Section 245(i) The Amnesty of 1994 - a temporary rolling amnesty for 578,000 illegal aliens.
    Section 245(i) The Extension Amnesty of 1997 - an extension of the rolling amnesty created in 1994.
    The Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act (NACARA) Amnesty of 1997 - an amnesty for nearly one million illegal aliens from Central America.
    The Haitian Refugee Immigration Fairness Act Amnesty (HRIFA) of 1998 - an amnesty for 125,000 illegal aliens from Haiti.
    The Late Amnesty of 2000 - an amnesty for approximately 400,000 illegal aliens who claimed they should have been amnestied under the 1986 IRCA amnesty.
    The LIFE Act Amnesty of 2000 - a reinstatement of the rolling Section 245(i) amnesty to an estimated 900,000 illegal aliens.
    An amnesty is a reward to those breaking the law. Issuing an amnesty to illegal aliens only encourages more illegal immigration into the United States. After the 1986 amnesty, illegal immigration increased significantly. Census Bureau 2000 data indicate that 700,000 to 800,000 illegal aliens settle in the U.S. each year, with approximately 8-11 million illegal aliens now currently living in the United States (up to 12 million, according to Department of Homeland Security Director Tom Ridge).

Yet an amnesty benefits neither our society nor those being amnestied. An Immigration and Naturalization Service study found that after living in the United States for 10 years, the average amnestied illegal alien had only a seventh grade education and earned less than $9,000 a year. Amnestied illegal aliens have no sponsor to support them financially. Instead, by enacting an amnesty, Congress places a staggering financial burden on American taxpayers to support those amnestied.

According to a study by the Center for Immigration Studies, the total net cost of the 1986 IRCA amnesty (direct and indirect costs of services and benefits to the former illegal aliens, less their tax contributions) amounted to over $78 billion in the ten years following the amnesty.

Congress has paved the way for more amnesties. In 2001, Mexico's President Vicente Fox began to lobby the United States to "regularize" the status of millions of illegal aliens from Mexico living in the United States. Both U.S. political parties, in attempts to pander to the Hispanic vote, speak of amnesties in various forms for illegal aliens.

By granting amnesties, Congress has set a dangerous precedent that threatens homeland security. Our normal immigration process involves screening to block potential criminals and terrorists from entering the United States. Yet millions of illegal aliens have avoided this screening and an amnesty would allow them to permanently bypass such screening.

President Bush's January, 2004 guest worker plan announcement - really an amnesty for illegal aliens - directly caused at least a 15% to 25% increase in illegals entering the United States.

Polls show that nearly 70% of Americans oppose amnesty for all illegal aliens and that Hispanics are less likely to reelect President Bush if he supports amnesty.
    http://www.theamericanresistance.com/is ... nesty.html

Quote Originally Posted by uniteasone
    HEY,GUESS JOE WILSON WAS RIGHT,HUH!
    Yes, Joe Wilson was right. But of course we'll never hear that from the MSM, will we?
    LGBTQ (Let's Get Biden To Quit)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    added to the homepage with new title and note

Obama Pushes Amnesty To Give Illegal Aliens Taxpayer Health Care Benefits!

ALIPAC NOTE: Does anyone in the country need any more proof that Obama lied to the nation and Congressman Joe Wilson called it correctly regardless of whether he should have spoken out how and when he did?
    My sentiments exactly, William.
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Also, the recent scientific and certified poll conducted by Pulse Opinion Research shows 78% of Americans oppose a 'path to citizenship' for illegal immigrants including 88% of African Americans!
    http://www.alipac.us/article-4517-thread-1-0.html
    Actually, the 78% number in the poll didn't refer to a "path to citizenship" but "legalizing the status" of illegal aliens. Polls have shown that when people are asked about whether illegals should be give a path to citizenship, the numbers tend to drop to around 50-50. This just indicates to me that most people who get polled don't associate "path to citizenship" with amnesty, even though you and I know that they amount to the same thing.
    LGBTQ (Let's Get Biden To Quit)

AMNESTY IS TREASON!!!!

I am so disgusted and depressed. I am sick to death of hearing spanish, of the spanish being catered to, of all illegals who are sucking us dry and getting things that legal citizens cannot, of graffiti and gangs. I have been unemployed for just over a year now. There are not enough jobs for all of us.

Where I was last employed, I was the only American born and raised here, and though some immigrants were legal, most were not. I swear I have post traumatic stress over being forced to hear another language for 5 days a week, most of the day!

We call and write and protest against this invasion and Obama wants amnesty? What are we going to do? We have citizens who need jobs to care for their families, we have tent cities growing because homeless shelters are filled to capacity and cheap housing is taken by the illegals so the waiting lists are too long.

These people are demanding and bold and in your face expecting their 'rights'. They raise their flags above our own, step on and burn our flags, yell and scream and don't care about stealing our identities, social security numbers etc. They call America stupid! They have no love for this country, just want the freebies. Sorry, I really needed to vent.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast