Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama pastor: Not God bless, but God d--- America!

Obama pastor: Not God bless, but God d--- America!
    Rev. Jeremiah Wright also blames U.S. for 9/11

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: March 13, 2008
    3:47 pm Eastern
    © 2008 WorldNetDaily

First he praised Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, giving him a humanitarian award and traveling with him to Libya to meet Moammar Gadhafi.

Then he turned his Trinity United Church of Christ into an institution that had all the earmarkings of a black separatist congregation.

And now he, it turns out, he has damned America in God's name and blamed the U.S. for provoking the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks by dropping nuclear weapons on Japan in World War II and supporting Israel since 1947.

The Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Barack Obama's pastor for the last 20 years, the man who married he and his wife, Michelle, and baptized their two daughters and is credited with providing the title of Obama's book, "The Audacity of Hope," has a long history of "inflammatory rhetoric."

But those discovered by an ABC News investigation may be the toppers.

ABC News reviewed dozens of Wright's sermons, finding repeated denunciations of the U.S. based on what he described as his reading of the Gospels and the treatment of black Americans.

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPjVp3PLnVs

"The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing 'God Bless America.' No, no, no, God d--- America, that's in the Bible for killing innocent people," he said in a 2003 sermon. "God d--- America for treating our citizens as less than human. God d--- America for as long as she acts like she is God and she is supreme."

In addition to damning America, he told his congregation on the Sunday after Sept. 11, 2001 that the U.S. had brought on al-Qaida's attacks because of its own terrorism, ABC News reports.

"We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye," Wright said in a sermon Sept. 16, 2001. "We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards. America's chickens are coming home to roost," he told his congregation.

Obama declined to comment on Wright's denunciations of the U.S., but a campaign religious adviser, Shaun Casey, appearing on "Good Morning America" today, said Obama "had repudiated" those comments.

In a statement to ABC News, Obama's press spokesman Bill Burton said, "Sen. Obama has said repeatedly that personal attacks such as this have no place in this campaign or our politics, whether they're offered from a platform at a rally or the pulpit of a church. Sen. Obama does not think of the pastor of his church in political terms. Like a member of his family, there are things he says with which Sen. Obama deeply disagrees. But now that he is retired, that doesn't detract from Sen. Obama's affection for Rev. Wright or his appreciation for the good works he has done."
    http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=58858
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Barack Hussein Obama, your preacher does seem, well,....uptight.

BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA! [/b]

It sure looks like this pastor has issues with White America. I admit this the only time I've heard him "preach", and it's quite possible we caught him at an off moment, but WOW!!

I can't believe Obama would sit and listen to this filth, let alone consider this pastor to be a mentor. I'm not so shocked that an older Black preacher might bring up some of the things Blacks have gone through, but he was definitely over the top. I hope he knows it's partly because of White people that Obama has gotten as far as he has. In fact, it was a White man who ended slavery in the USA...

AE

I have one thing to say, what this man says is NO different than La Raza's typical speech. He sounds like a hateful man with a huge chip on his shoulder.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

I wonder how much money Obama gave to this church which helped to support this pastor? If this was my church and someone started preaching like that against our country or another race that would have been the last time I set foot in the church!

O'Reilly did a segment on this last night. I'll be surprised if this doesn't hurt Obama's campaign. Well, depending on how much the media covers it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayday
    I wonder how much money Obama gave to this church which helped to support this pastor? If this was my church and someone started preaching like that against our country or another race that would have been the last time I set foot in the church!
    One wouldn't if one agreed with him . I wonder which it is with Obama?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

This subject, with video clips of his sermons, has been on the Today Show as one of their top main stories 2 days in a row.

We knew this was going to come out sooner or later. Awhile ago there was an article posted on ALIPAC where MANY of this guy's sermons were posted, and he definitely DOES have a chip on his shoulder. I have trouble seeing Obama sitting through sermon after hate-filled sermon, and not walk out.

I saw some parishioners of his who were interviewed on the Today Show, who says that if you're not a black, you just don't understand how much what he says resonates with them. So in our modern age, anti-non-black (mostly anti-white) and anti-American sentiment is good to you? Racism runs both ways, you know. Racism is not just a white person discriminating against a "minority" race. Racism is ANY person of ANY race, discriminating against any race that is not theirs. I hate racist remarks and anti-American propaganda placed into the arms of the religious community. It should have NO PLACE there.

Why should any religion be beneficial and/or targeted toward and/or understood by any one racial group? And I mean this for ANY race, not just black, hispanic, white, etc.

It seems we are moving further and further away from religious tolerance to religious intolerance and exclusivity, to the exclusion of everyone else who does not meet your religion's specific qualifications. (And actually, it's gotten so bad that it's down to the individual church exclusivity level. You can belong to the same religion, but if you don't meet the qualifications of the certain church, you're out. -- Obama's church is a good example. It looks like the qualifications to be a member are a) you should be black, b) you should hate America, c) you should hate white people, d) you should be Christian).

This is ridiculous!

TexasGal

AE

Felt that this was so applicable to this conversation. I used to not understand this set of verses, regarding the "end times", but infortunately now I do.

Mat 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

Mat 24:10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

Mat 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
    [color=red] in·iq·ui·ty /ɪˈnɪkwɪti/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[i-nik-wi-tee]
    –noun, plural -ties. 1. gross injustice or wickedness.
    2. a violation of right or duty; wicked act; sin.

[Origin: 1300–50; ME < L inÄ«quitÄ
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€