Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama to speak on immigration policy in Texas TUE.

Obama to speak on immigration policy in Texas

Updated 10:46 a.m., Friday, May 6, 2011

WASHINGTON (AP) — The White House says President Barack Obama will deliver a speech on immigration when he visits El Paso, Texas, next Tuesday.

It will be the latest in a string of events the White House has devoted to immigration policy despite an unfavorable climate on Capitol Hill for passing the kind of comprehensive legislation Obama favors. The president wants to see a path to legalization for the millions of illegal immigrants in this country, something opposed by Republicans who control the House.

Hispanic lawmakers are pressing Obama to take executive action to stop or slow some deportations, particularly of students, which he's so far refused to do. But with the 2012 election approaching, Obama is highlighting his focus on immigration, a key issue for Hispanic voters.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/articl ... 368737.php
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

NO AMNESTY. Amnesties only bring MORE and MORE Illegal Immigration. Rewards and handouts only brings MORE Illegal Immigration. The ONLY way to combat Illegal Immigration is by taking away these incentives...The ONLY way.

RELATED

BREAKING: Obama to give Imm. Ref. speech Tues. in El Paso.

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-237178.html
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

He should speak about the need to enforce all current immigration laws.
    NO AMNESTY

GOP unfazed by Obama immigration plan push

President will make a call for reform during his visit to El Paso

By GARY MARTIN
    WASHINGTON BUREAU

May 7, 2011, 12:09AM

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama will use the Texas-Mexico border as a backdrop on Tuesday to call again on Congress to fix the nation's broken immigration system and address the 11 million immigrants in this country illegally - including 1.6 million in Texas.

Obama is traveling to El Paso, across the border from violence-wracked Ciudad Juarez, where he will push for massive immigration reform, an initiative that has gotten little leverage in Congress.

"I want to work with Republicans and Democrats to protect our borders, to enforce our laws and also to address the status of millions of undocumented workers," Obama told Latino leaders at a Cinco de Mayo reception at the White House.

The president has readily conceded the task will not be easy. The last comprehensive immigration reform bill died in the Senate in 2007.

"We've got to keep doing the hard work of changing minds and changing hearts and changing votes, one at a time," said Obama, who also will travel to Austin for a fundraiser.

Past immigration reform bills have included guest worker programs, an expansion of family-based visas and proposals that would grant illegal immigrants citizenship after paying fines, learning English and undergoing a background check.

Republican leaders in the GOP-controlled House, however, are opposed to "amnesty" measures that would grant citizenship or legal status to illegal immigrants.

"The president wasn't able to pass his version of immigration reform when he had large Democratic majorities in the House and Senate because of bipartisan opposition, so it's unlikely he will succeed anytime soon," said Rep. Lamar Smith, R-San Antonio, chairman of the House Judiciary Committee.

Cornyn highly critical

Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, said the president has failed to secure the border and thus failed to build consensus to pass reform legislation.

"What Sen. Cornyn is looking for, President Obama cannot deliver with another speech or photo op, and that's presidential leadership. Words matter little when there is no action," said Kevin McLaughlin, a Cornyn spokesman.

Obama's trip to Texas comes after three weeks of White House gatherings to get input from mayors, lawmakers and the Congressional Hispanic Caucus. Immigration advocates say the president has laid the groundwork for reform, which would lead to more secure borders.

"I'm hoping the president can get more people thinking about it - the business community and Republicans - and convince them that the time is now," said Rep. Charlie Gonzalez, D-San Antonio, Congressional Hispanic Caucus chairman.

Immigration advocates say the president's immigration legislation will lead to more secure borders.

"We need to address the real threats of cash, of drugs, of guns, that are smuggled and moved across our border that cause harm to our communities, not the imaginary threats of landscapers and nannies," said Ali Noorani of the National Immigration Forum, an advocacy group.

Obama administration officials contend the U.S.-Mexico border is more secure than at any time in history, despite the raging war being waged by narcotics cartels just across the Rio Grande.

The Border Patrol has increased to 20,700 agents, more than double the number of agents in 2004 . Illegal immigration has dropped due to increased enforcement and the economy, Obama administration officials say.

Illegal immigration down

The number of illegal immigrants in the country is estimated at 11 million by the Pew Hispanic Center, using U.S. Census data, down from an estimated 12 million in 2007.

The roughly 1.6 million illegal immigrants in Texas represent about 6.5 percent of the state's population. Some 1 million illegal immigrants are in the state's workforce, according to the center.

The Border Patrol is intercepting 70 percent to 90 percent of illegal crossers on the Southwest border, said William Moore with the Texas Border Coalition, which represents cities and countries along the Rio Grande from Brownsville to El Paso.

"The strategy that the administration is put into place between the ports of entry is working," Moore said.

www.chron.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

tell Obama
    get lost impeach him
    No amnesty
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Can you imagine if they pass an amnesty? That would be our worst nightmare!

Kiara wrote,
    That would be our worst nightmare!
    I disagree! That would be THIER worst nightmare!

As you all know, Donald Trump made a big deal about Obama's birth certificate. As of yesterday, the White House released the birth certificate.

I will tell you right now that I had never given this "birther" issue any credit. I watched the hype and the crazies come out. I completely dismissed the entire ordeal altogether. In fact, it was not until the White House released the birth certificate that it had gained my attention.

I am the studious sort of guy, and I have plenty of time on my hands. So, I took a close look at this document. While I would have thought that this issue would have been closed for good (and, got the crazies to crawl back into their holes), I found two extremely strange inconsistencies that merit some attention.

First of all, the birth certificate that the White House released lists Obama's birth as August 4, 1961. It also lists Barack Hussein Obama as his father. No big deal, right? At the time of Obama's birth, it also shows that his father is aged 25 years old, and that Obama's father was born in "Kenya, East Africa". This wouldn't seem like anything of concern, except the fact that Kenya did not even exist until 1963, two whole years after Obama's birth, and 27 years after his father's birth. How could have Obama's father have been born in a country that did not yet exist? Up and until Kenya was formed in 1963, it was known as the "British East Africa Protectorate". But, this is not the only thing that I found that just does not jive.

The other item that I looked into was the hospital that Obama was born in. On the birth certificate released by the White House, the listed place of birth is "Kapi'olani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital". This cannot be, because the hospital(s) in question in 1961 were called "KauiKeolani Children's Hospital" and "Kapi'olani Maternity Home", respectively. The name did not change to Kapi'olani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital until 1978, when these two hospitals merged. How can this particular name of the hospital be on a birth certificate dated 1961 if this name had not yet been applied to it until 1978?

Go ahead, look it up. I am not talking crazy talk, these are the facts. Like I said, I thought that this was a non-issue until the actual certificate was released. Now that it has been released, of course I had to look into it. I have found these issues, now I know that something is up. If you doubt me, just look at the following resources:
    You cannot dedicate yourself to America unless you become in every
    respect and with every purpose of your will thoroughly Americans. You
    cannot become thoroughly Americans if you think of yourselves in groups. President Woodrow Wilson

Texas Governor should explain how often illegal alien children crosses the border from Mexico into the State quite often, and it is almost becoming an uncontrollable situation.

Austin Texas:

'Sanctuary cities' measure on hold

Sponsor says controversial bill will pass Monday

By PATRICIA KILDAY HART

HOUSTON CHRONICLE

May 6, 2011, 9:53PM

AUSTIN — After five hours of contentious, emotional debate, a bill banning "sanctuary cities" in Texas was postponed by the Texas House after opponents found a technical record-keeping error that made it ineligible for consideration Friday evening.

But State Rep. Burt Solomons, R-Carrollton, sponsor of the controversial legislation, vowed that it would be revisited by the House on Monday and predicted swift passage.

"All they did was delay," he said. "We are going to work through the bill quickly on Monday."

Solomon's bill prohibits cities or other governmental entities from adopting policies restricting law enforcement personnel from inquiring about the immigration status of a person arrested for a criminal offense. A governmental entity found in violation of the law faces loss of state grant revenues.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/met ... 54283.html

As many undocumented aliens residing and arrives to Texas, it seems the State would not have any "sanctuary cities." And would try in any possible ways to assist ICE with removals of criminal aliens.
    When you aid and support criminals, you live a criminal life style yourself:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast