Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Office in Belton to provide help for Hispanic immigrants

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/11663484.htm

Posted on Tue, May. 17, 2005
    Click to learn more...

Office in Belton to provide help for Hispanic immigrants

The Kansas City Star

Guadalupe Center Inc., which for years had helped Hispanic immigrants in Kansas City's urban core, is making its first outreach into the suburbs.

In June, the agency will begin to staff a satellite office in Belton.

"Belton has had a large influx of Hispanics, and we've been asked to help integrate them into the community," Guadalupe Executive Director CrisÖ Medina said on Monday.

The site has not been determined but will be in property owned by the Belton School District.

Medina said primary duties of the office would be to help families with food, rent, school enrollment, immunization and ESL (English as second language) classes.

Other suburban satellite offices may follow, Medina said.

- Donald Bradley/The Star
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Gee I wonder how many are Illegal. Its one thing to help Legal immigrants, it is a crime to aid and abet an Illegal immigrant.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)