Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ohio H.B. 512 Closes Illegal Immigrant Loophole

House Bill 512 closes illegal immigrant loophole

By DOUG STALEY
    The Independent
    Posted Jan 08, 2009 @ 10:21

Kelly C. Barr’s crusade on behalf of her deceased husband has helped close a loophole in Ohio’s driving laws. Now, drivers who have never been granted a license can be charged with a felony in vehicular homicide cases. Previously, only drivers with current, suspended or revoked licenses could face felony charges.

Ohio House Bill 512 was passed last month and has been signed into law by Gov. Ted Strickland.

Barr, of Tuscarawas County, said it’s gratifying that something positive emerged from her husband John’s death in 2006.

“At least there was something that can help future victims and their families to see justice happen in the court system,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I wish I could do more...until the border is sealed

[color=blue]For most of the past 18 months, Barr devoted her time to advocating for the new law. Response to the proposed legislation from residents and the community was overwhelmingly positive, she said.

“We were continuously meeting with somebody, getting petitions signed and taking weekends and going to the park,â€

Closing the loophole is great news! It should be the law in every State.
    "It is error alone that needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself".
    Thomas Jefferson

I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

I heard about this woman at the first Oberlin City Council meeting I attended. The Rally Team group knew her story very well. She went through more grief than she ever needed to. The illegal alien got away with murder...literally...just because he never had a driver's license.

Bravo Gov. Ted Strickland! This should be a law everywhere.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn