Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

OK: Lawsuit Filed To Stop Anti-Immigration Bill

Lawsuit Filed To Stop Anti-Immigration Bill

POSTED: 5:02 pm CDT October 15, 2007
    UPDATED: 5:09 pm CDT October 15, 2007

TULSA, Okla. -- A group opposed to a sweeping new anti-illegal immigration bill announced that it's filing a lawsuit to stop the measure from taking effect Nov. 1.

The Rev. Miguel Rivera announced the lawsuit on Monday. Rivera is the head of the National Coalition of Latino Clergy.

The suit names Gov. Brad Henry and Oklahoma Attorney General Drew Edmondson as defendants.

Rivera said an estimated 25,000 people already have left Tulsa County because of fear over the impact of House Bill 1804.

The new law requires law enforcement agencies to check the immigration status of people arrested for felonies. It also makes it a felony to knowingly harbor or transport illegal immigrants.

A local attorney for the coalition, Rohit Sharma, said the group plans to file for an injunction Tuesday, preventing the bill from taking effect.

http://www.koco.com/news/14345975/detai ... l&psp=news
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It seems like most of these legal action groups challenging tighter regulations are staffed by foreigners.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Fear is good for them...

It's absolutely astounding that people who have no legal right to be in our country, brazenly file suits to prevent our immigration laws from being enforced. So much for living in the shadows.

We keep reading about all the suits being filed

We keep reading about all the lawsuits being filed by and for illegals. Where are our lawsuits wanting the laws to be enforced? Maybe William could contact judicial watch to help with this?
    We the People. You the Invader

Well, I think Judicial Watch should file a lawsuit against Saul Arrellano since his US Citizenship was unconstitutionally granted.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

houston

Right. We need to counter sue. Our side should be suing too.

Seems there is a routine here.
    Localities try to enforce some kind of laws since our federal government doesn't follow their own laws.
    Then some pro-illegal groups or individuals (don't even have to give their names in some cases) brings on a suit.
    Judge hears the case and stops the enforcement.
    Unbelievable this is happening!

It's becoming more and more obvious the powers that be don't want to stop illegal immigration!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I think the pattern developing is become 'boilerplate' for the OBL crowd; especially with ethnic lobby groups (LaRaza, LULAC, MALDEF, etc) combined with religious groups too... oh yeah, can't forget the bad ole' Anti-American Civil Liberties Union as well...

I'm going to offer a slightly varied interpretation on the way things are developing - it could be, that these lawsuits are tacit admission that they (the OBL side) is beginning to recognize that CIR - as they envision it - just isn't going to happen... at least, any time soon. At the same time, there *are* meaningful enforcement activities ramping up (not enough, for this poster of course) and that the effects of that enforcement are simultaneously beginning to pinch...

I wish I could break a law, and then when some law enforcement org. tries to enforce that law, I could just file suit, and go about my business... (be sure to ask your elected people when contacting them, which law YOU can break too - it makes them think a little bit...)
    What is the purpose of having a law that is selectively applied?

Why don't these "rights" organizations consider the rights of American citizens, as well? They seem to assume that American citizens have it all together---when in reality they often don't. Some have already been falling by the wayside, I'm afraid....
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David