Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

One Reporter's Opinion – 'NADA' to CAFTA

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/article ... 0411.shtml

One Reporter's Opinion – 'NADA' to CAFTA

George Putnam
    Friday, April 29, 2005

It is this reporter's opinion that we should have listened to Sir James Goldsmith, former member of the British Parliament and internationally recognized economist, when he warned us of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and the New World Order.
    Sir James, speaking before our own Senate Commerce Committee hearings on Nov. 15, 1994, stated that NAFTA, GATT, WTO and the New World Order were the "most destructive proposal presented to the American people." He based his statement on the experience of Europe – loss of jobs, unemployment and a host of other attendant problems. But we wouldn't listen.

A few critics argued that NAFTA would be bad for U.S. workers. Others said it would hurt Mexican workers. But they were shouted down by the proponents, who optimistically predicted that a rising tide of profits and productivity would result. Look at the results today – north and south – and you'll see that the benefits of NAFTA add up to NADA. But the globalists will not give up.

On July 18, 1993, Council on Foreign Relations member and trilateralist Henry Kissinger wrote: "With NAFTA, the U.S. creates a New World Order. What Congress has before it is not a conventional trade agreement but the architecture of a new international system. The trade agreement with Mexico is the vital first step for a new kind of community of nations, a first step toward THE NEW WORLD ORDER."

There you have it! In their own words: NAFTA is an important step in the globalists' plan for a New World Order.

Now here we come with the Central American Free Trade Agreement (CAFTA). President Bush is obsessively pushing for CAFTA as an enlargement of the ill-fated NAFTA. And now President Bush is urging Hispanics to support CAFTA.

In a warning from my friend Rob Sanchez in the "Job Destruction Newsletter" (April 2005), he states that Bush is appealing to the Hispanic businessmen, the rich ruling elite of Mexico. Sanchez warns: "NAFTA is a very bad deal, especially for Mexican farmers. ... NAFTA was partly responsible for the massive economic problems in Mexico that has left their impoverished farmers with no choice but to sneak across our border in order to survive."

He believes Bush is unlikely to convince rank-and-file Hispanics to support CAFTA because so many of them are victims of NAFTA.

But Bush's public relations ploy is a deliberate attempt to shift attention away from the ones who will support CAFTA (the wealthy families who control almost all of the wealth in Latin America, along with the multinational corporations that want to exploit Central America's chief labor pool).

To find out how NAFTA fuels the illegal invasion from Mexico, there's no better authority than Philip Martin at the University of California, Davis. He says: "CAFTA is a danger to our nation. If Congress approves CAFTA, we will not only suffer massive job loss, our sovereignty will be threatened."

NewsWeek Editor Fareed Zakaria explains why: "Unlike the United Nations, the WTO can actually require that a country change its laws, regulations and precedents – not simply national laws but often state and local laws – that its rulings on disputes between nations are binding. It is undemocratic and filled with technicrats."

Surprisingly, most members of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus and others in the Hispanic community are either against or appear to be leaning against CAFTA. "There are great concerns about how it will affect the Latino community," says Rep. Grace Napolitano, D-Calif., chairwoman of the 21-member caucus. Napolitano says she would vote against CAFTA.

The administration would need at least 20 House Democratic votes to pass the measure and faces some opposition from Republicans worried about provisions related to sugar and textiles. Democrats cite labor-related concerns. Rep. Xavier Becerra, D-Calif., a member of the caucus, has said, "CAFTA does little to protect workers' rights, including the right to organize and collective bargaining." He says that CAFTA would leave Central Americans vulnerable to exploitation and drive down wages.

Napolitano's and Becerra's concerns are echoed elsewhere. But Bush is obsessively pushing for CAFTA, an enlargement of the ill-fated NAFTA, and the president is determined to press for a plan that would extend amnesty to a million Mexican agricultural workers in the U.S., his totalization agreement plan that would extend Social Security benefits to Mexican workers, and his determination to reform Social Security – all but ignoring our own No. 1 crisis: Medicare (with 50 million Americans struggling without health protection).

David Bacon, a labor journalist and author of "The Children of NAFTA," says: "The Bush administration, not satisfied with the current economic chaos under NAFTA, now hopes to establish a free trade area in the Americas, which would export NAFTA's principles to Central and South America and the Caribbean. But Bush may be in trouble. He has found, in dealing with the trade ministers of Brazil, Ecuador, Argentina, and Venezuela, they are not willing to repeat our experiences with Mexico and follow NAFTA's path to mass unemployment and poverty."

Has the president forgotten this nation's real priorities? As I said before, concerning NAFTA and CAFTA, we should have listened to Sir James Goldsmith. As for CAFTA and NAFTA – a great big NADA!

References:

Bacon, David. "The Children of NAFTA: Labor Wars on the US/Mexico Border," University of California Press (February 23, 2004)

Grigg, William Norman. "CAFTA implications for our Nation," http://www.stopcafta.com

Martin, Philip. "Mexico-US Migration," http://www.iie.com/publications/papers/ ... ration.pdf

Martin, Philip. "Trade and Migration: NAFTA and Agriculture," http://bookstore.iie.com/merchant.mvc?S ... ct_Code=73

Sanchez, Rob. "Job Destruction Newsletter," April 21, 2005, No. 1238, http://www.zazona.com/contacts.htm

Editor's note:
    Illegal immigration threatens our security and tears at the fiber of America – Click Here!
    The Pope's New Book Is Shocking Europe – Read It! FREE OFFER – Click Here Now
    Social Security crisis is just the beginning – all pension systems are in danger! Read More Here

EXCELLENT piece, DARLENE!

Kissinger & COUNCIL ON FOREIGN RELATIONS rears up again!!

We MUST stop CAFTA & FTAA
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Darlene..OUTSTANDING POST!! NAFTA got through because we were all sleeping, busy going about our complex and busy lives as Americans. We also trusted our leaders. Big mistake.

Hopefully, we won't make that one again for awhile.

STOP CAFTA AND NAFTA NOW!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

2ndamendsis and Judy,

I think the outlines of these trade agreements should be posted on our General Discussions Page, to let the newcomers to the site see what our leaders are doing to us.

Like I said before, it's all part of a plan.

I was one of the one's calling for almost a year against NAFTA before it was voted on.

Very few were listening then.

I have been watching all of what has been predicted come to pass.

They know what they are doing, they know how to make you out to be a
    nut job.

They want to eliminate the middle class so it is just the elites and the peasants that they are controlling.

All of it is here on the internet for anyone to see, they just hope nobody is paying attention.

STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION!

STOP CAFTA

STOP FTAA

NO TO THE NEW WORLD ORDER

There coming to take me away Ha. Ha.

I was one of the one's calling for almost a year against NAFTA before it was voted on.
    I KNEW I met you somewhere before Darlene, LOL. You were that other gal standing in the EMPTY ROOM with me! Aren't you jumping for joy that others have finally joined us?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I agree STOP CAFTA & NAFTA NOW

Keep calling your senators and sending them nice letters.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Yeah!
    That was me, I never thought I would still be fighting more than ten years later.

Many times I have lost heart, I know my Husband thinks I am wasting my time, but I am a fighter and keep coming back for more.

I still think we can do something but there are so many out there that you have to convince, it has to come up and hit them up side of their head before they see the light. It has to effect their little world. When that happens it may be too late.

We have trusted our Government for too long. They have betrayed us, and are still working to pass these Trade Deals that give the United States nothing at all while taking everything away including our Boarders.

People are busier than ever working two jobs and trying to make ends meet, that they have no time for politics or Trade Deals.

Most people couldn't tell you who's the Secretary of the State, some don't even know who is Vice President.

Educating the people is going to be the hardest part but I feel it is the most important part of getting something done. The more that know what is happening the more power we have to try to change it.

Many times I have lost heart, I know my Husband thinks I am wasting my time, but I am a fighter and keep coming back for more
    I know that feeling DARLENE. But that's why you're special......YOU ARE A FIGHTER!!!

Awesome article! We need to do bumper stickers that read STOP NAFTA AND CAFTA. I can do the art for free if anybody wants to handle getting them printed.