Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Operation Streamline: Arrest & jail illegals. Texas Styl

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:13 pm Post subject: Operation Streamline: Arrest & jail illegals. Texas Styl Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post
    http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ ... gb.01.html

Now, during the immigration debate, you heard all sorts of stats and figures being tossed around, but I`ll bet you, you never heard this one. Between October 1, 2000, and September 30, 2005, 98 percent of the people caught crossing into our country illegally were never prosecuted, 98 percent. In fact, people who came from countries other than Mexico -- conveniently the government calls them "other than Mexicans" -- actually relied on not being prosecuted as part of their strategy. They`d come in from Guatemala, or brazil, or even from the Middle East, believe it or not, be caught, then given some papers and released on the promise, cross your heart and hope to die, to appear in court. Take a wild guess how many of them actually showed up.

The media loves to quote the so-called experts who say, "There`s just no way to do it. We don`t have enough agents or jails or judges." Really? The "Real Story" is, these are nothing but tired, old excuses. Last year, a program called "Operation Streamline" began along 210-mile stretch in west Texas. It`s highly technical, and I`ll try to speak slowly for those of you in the meat-eating states. But if you`re caught illegally crossing the border in that area, they take you to jail. Here`s where it gets complex. Then they prosecute you, and then they send you to even more time in prison. The end.

Well, guess what? Detentions of illegals have fallen 65 percent in that area. What a surprise. So why isn`t "Operation Streamline" in place? And why isn`t the government, why isn`t George Bush saying, "We`ve got to do this on the entire border"?

Texas Congressman John Culberson went to the border last week to get a firsthand account. Congressman, tell me how it`s working and give me the specifics on the trash trail.

REP. JOHN CULBERSON (R), TEXAS: Glenn, you`re exactly right. Law enforcement works. It`s common sense. In Del Rio, the nation owes a great debt of gratitude to Border Patrol Chief Randy Hill, federal Judge Ollie Aludlum (ph), the local sheriff there of Val Verde County, Sheriff D`Wayne Jernigan, they got together and decided that, if you cross into the United States illegally in Del Rio, you will be arrested.

There is zero tolerance in Del Rio for illegal entry into the United States; 100 percent of all illegal aliens crossing the Rio Grande River in the Del Rio sector, Glenn, are being arrested. They are being sentenced to six months in jail at federal expense. They`re being housed in county jails at federal expense.

The word got out very quickly, Glenn, in fact. And before this program started, "Operation Streamline," in the Del Rio sector, they were arresting over 7,000 illegal aliens from countries other than Mexico, and last month they only arrested 20.

And as you say, officers can spot the edge of the Del Rio sector simply by walking and looking at the trash, because the trash picks up on the edge of the Del Rio sector north and south of the sector because the illegals figured it out in about 30 minutes, if you cross in Del Rio, you will be arrested, so nobody`s crossing.

BECK: This is -- you know what? I`ve been saying for weeks now, it`s we the people that are going to solve it.

CULBERSON: Absolutely.

BECK: And the closer we get to the local level, the more things will get done and the more things will get fixed.

CULBERSON: Absolutely.

BECK: How is it we can get this thing to go all the way across the border?

CULBERSON: Two ways. I serve on the Appropriations Committee. And tomorrow, I will be offering an amendment to the Department of Justice appropriations bill, demanding that the Department of Justice implement "Operation Streamline" from Brownsville to San Diego, that we institute zero tolerance of illegals crossing into the United States illegally, that we prosecute 100 percent of them, because Del Rio has done this, Glenn, within existing resources.

Del Rio didn`t need any new laws. We don`t need any new laws to protect this country. They didn`t need any new money. They only needed three new prosecutors assigned by the Border Patrol to handle these cases in court. So I`m going to do an amendment tomorrow in the Appropriations Committee -- I expect it to pass -- demanding that Department of Justice institute zero tolerance for illegal aliens crossing into the United States, that 100 percent of them be arrested, they be sentenced to six months in prison, which will then allow us not only to deport them criminally, but if they come back into the United States, it`s a felony. It prevents them from reentering again.

And then, finally, Glenn, I`m going to find, frankly, a way to make sure that this is implemented through the appropriations process. And then also one other key piece is that I`m trying to send, with the help of Congressman Ciro Rodriguez and Henry Cuellar, $125 million to $150 million to locally elected border sheriffs, so they can hire the deputies, buy them the police cars and the machine guns and the equipment they need, to arrest criminals, put them in local jails at federal expense, basically seal the border, stop the flooding, enforce the law. The local community supports it, Glenn. Everyone down there is for law and order.

BECK: We`ll follow this tomorrow. I`m anxious to see if it actually passes tomorrow.

And, President Bush, listen up: You want your credibility back? This is the kind of stuff that you should be doing.

CULBERSON: Enforce the law.

BECK: Congressman, thank you very much.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!

I hope it passes.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Please keep us updated on this, thanks.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Just goes to show you what can be done when the will is there!!Kind of makes the rest of you look like idiots!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    fedupinwaukegan needs help check out this link!!If you are anywhere near the conference great time to meet William from ALIPAC
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=68140

National Organization Announces 'Shop in Waukegan Day' to Counter Illegal Alien Boycott

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=73007
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Phone: 202-225-2571
    Date: 07/13/07

Zero Tolerance Program Dramatically Reducing Illegal Immigration

Earlier this week, Congressman John Culberson visited the Mexican border to learn more about a zero tolerance program called Operation Streamline. This common sense program is deterring border crossings and dramatically reducing illegal immigration.

“The Del Rio sector is now closed to illegal immigrants thanks to the initiative of local Federal District Judge Alia Ludlum and Border Patrol Chief Randy Hill. In their sector, they are no longer tolerating illegal aliens coming into the United States and they are insisting that the law be enforced.

“The effect has been dramatic. They are arresting, prosecuting, and locking up every illegal alien for six months and then deporting them. Before Operation Streamline began, they had about 7000 aliens illegally crossing the border every month from countries other than Mexico. Last month they had about twenty.

“This proves we can protect the border with existing laws and existing resources. Once word got out that illegal aliens were being prosecuted, illegal crossings plummeted. Law enforcement works and it is protecting our communities and our nation.

“Unfortunately there is a systematic and deliberate refusal to enforce immigration laws along the rest of the border. It’s outrageous and I will not rest until our borders are secure and we have zero tolerance from Brownsville to San Diego.â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn