Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

OPINION: Illegal Immigrants Ignoring U.S. Laws

Illegal immigrants are ignoring laws

March 31, 2009

It is astounding that people are sometimes unable to apply precise language when arguing a case which is close to their hearts - or agendas.

Especially when using the term "immigrant" when one really should use the correct term: "illegal immigrant."

I am a legal immigrant and now a proud citizen of this country. I went the correct way to get here, obeyed the laws and paid U.S. taxes from day one, even on a pension earned in another country.

I strongly object to being thrown into the same basket with people who broke the law in coming here, continue to break the law by not paying their taxes, driving illegally without a license and insurance and, in a good number of cases, stealing the identity of U.S. citizens.

This is criminal behavior!

Why is it that when some people are running out of logical arguments, they accuse their opponents of racism?

This country has always been a country of legal immigration and should remain so.

Our immigration laws are appropriate and humane, but their enforcement has been sorely lacking. Calling for more effective enforcement of existing federal immigration laws is neither racist nor inhumane.

More effective control of illegal immigration does not put any legal minority at risk and definitely does not constitute injustice. On the contrary, it makes all of us safer!!!!

Eckhard D. Stuart

Please feel free to add your comments by clicking the link below:

http://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/arti ... /903310340

Excellently written and 100% true!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Well put.
    If the illegal aliens would take that approach, there would be a lot more respect.
    Of course if I could just hear English only at work would go a long way to not cranking me off!
    Apparently a person has to harden their conscience to break the law coming into this country and are jealous that they don't have what we already do.

Re: OPINION: Illegal Immigrants Ignoring U.S. Laws

Illegal immigrants are ignoring laws

March 31, 2009

It is astounding that people are sometimes unable to apply precise language when arguing a case which is close to their hearts - or agendas.

Especially when using the term "immigrant" when one really should use the correct term: "illegal immigrant."
    Actually illegal immigrant is incorrect also, illegal alien is the correct, legal term.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is a great article and one comment left on that site stated
    But I do recall a comment made by a non-politician who said "How can you call South Americans and Mexicans illegal when we allow Cubans into the country illegally all the time and call it "Legal Immigration"?
    I believe we all call them illegal if they are from Cuba as well. But when you have the mass of illegals coming from Mexico you just generally think that direction. And Florida has for a long time had a problem with the illegal population growing there. At one time I remember they had a law suit in against the federal government because of the costs on the state to support them.
    http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-982059.html
    http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1P1-2251361.html
    http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1P2-982059.html
    these are older articles
    I wonder if there is a group or movement made up of those who came here legally and got their American Citizenship that speak up against the illegals coming in?
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

welcome top ALIPAC partwerks
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou