Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Opponents mobilizing to block DREAM

Opponents mobilizing to block DREAM

by By Reynold N. Mason JD
    Jornal News Service

Atlanta, Nov.22, 2010. Last week across the country DREAM act supporters mobilized, holding rallies from California to New York to get legislators to vote the bill into law in this session of congress. Students at UCLA and Cal State held rallies joined by faculty and staff to keep the pressure on lawmakers and nudge those still on the fence to push the bill over the final hurdle. In New York, members of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus joined several pro- immigration groups at a rally in Brooklyn.

But Dream Act opponents are pushing back. Senator Jeff Sessions last Thursday released a “Dream Alertâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Are we making them nervous?

Check out an article he put up last week:
    http://news.jornal.us/article-5286.Coun ... DREAM.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote="Ratbstard"]Are we making them nervous?

Check out an article he put up last week:
    http://news.jornal.us/article-5286.Coun ... DREAM.html[/qu

very good we don't want them in our country . they have it a mess Thank you for the news
    ALI-PAC

Once again, I've emailed and called my elected reps and asked them to oppose the Dream Act. I urge all of you to do the same.

You can be certain, the "other side" is calling and calling and calling and emailing, and calling........................................... ..

Right now in the Senate I think we're looking at 41 FOR SURE YEAS and 34 FOR SURE NAYS. That leaves 24 FENCE SITTERS that need to be spoken to (see below)

Baucus
    Bayh
    Begich
    Bingaman
    Brown (MA)
    Brownback
    Casey
    Collins
    Dorgan
    Graham
    Harkin
    Johnson (SD)
    Lugar
    Manchin
    McCaskill
    Murkowski
    Nelson (NE)
    Rockefeller
    Snowe
    Stabenow
    Tester
    Voinovich
    Warner
    Webb

What about the employers? Aren't they responsible?

What I dont get is why theres so little attention paid to the one tactic that seems the surest way of getting them out......making sure the people who offer them the jobs that entice them to come north, know that they will lose their business or pay an extremely stiff fine for doing it!
    Given the high cost of living here as compared to S. America, if they cant find work and so cannot save anything at all for when they send or go back and live the high life in Mexico,. etc. but cant afford to live here either.....then there's no choice but to go back or turn criminal. Either way, you now have them cornered and dead to rights.. There's no one that will dare back an amnesty for convicted robber/illegal immigrant both!
    Once word gets out that theres no jobs to be had, then theres no reason to come. End of story. Yet all I hear is shrill screaching about how all migrants, by virtue of the fact that they snuck in, somehow being equated to actual, evil intentioned, maliciously minded, morally emasculated, CRIMINALS!! Its a weak argument on the face of it because it either shows you as someone who holds rules and laws in such high esteem as to be sacred, unquestionable, and inviolate, and are therefore on very soft ground as it regards your own sanity OR.....you have nothing of any other substance with which to debate it on rationally. You know... On the Pros and Cons, on balance which is best for the country....for me...or do I even really care?

Re: What about the employers? Aren't they responsible?

Quote Originally Posted by Mycos
    What I dont get is why theres so little attention paid to the one tactic that seems the surest way of getting them out......making sure the people who offer them the jobs that entice them to come north, know that they will lose their business or pay an extremely stiff fine for doing it!
    Given the high cost of living here as compared to S. America, if they cant find work and so cannot save anything at all for when they send or go back and live the high life in Mexico,. etc. but cant afford to live here either.....then there's no choice but to go back or turn criminal. Either way, you now have them cornered and dead to rights.. There's no one that will dare back an amnesty for convicted robber/illegal immigrant both!
    Once word gets out that theres no jobs to be had, then theres no reason to come. End of story. Yet all I hear is shrill screaching about how all migrants, by virtue of the fact that they snuck in, somehow being equated to actual, evil intentioned, maliciously minded, morally emasculated, CRIMINALS!! Its a weak argument on the face of it because it either shows you as someone who holds rules and laws in such high esteem as to be sacred, unquestionable, and inviolate, and are therefore on very soft ground as it regards your own sanity OR.....you have nothing of any other substance with which to debate it on rationally. You know... On the Pros and Cons, on balance which is best for the country....for me...or do I even really care?
    I think you will see a number of states pass legislation that will take benefits from illegal residents and help enforce immigration laws. TX is one of these states.

To secure a job, an illegal alien only needs to use a false or stolen social security card. As long as it looks good, no employer will question it and only a few verify it. The federal govt. needs to pass the E-Verify Act, which would force emplyers to verify SSNs.