Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Opposition to Minutemen reason for disappointment

http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/ts_mor ... 1_0_10_0_C

Opposition to Minutemen reason for disappointment
    Editor:

It is somewhat disturbing to read the opinions and actions of the mayor, City Commission and Father Michael Seifert regarding the Minuteman campaign.

It seems like the ongoing problem of our government is trying to please foreign governments and its people even when it’s not in our best interest. Mayor Eddie Treviño is quoted as saying that no civilian should take the law into his own hands and that law enforcement should be left to those who are trained. By the same fashion Mayor Treviño and the City Commission should reflect on this statement and let law enforcement deal with any situation the Minuteman campaign might cause if it does come to the Valley.

The mayor, City Commission and Father Michael are just as guilty of organizing and leading civilians in an area that should be left to law enforcement.

I have personally met and spoken to Father Mike on different occasions and I have a great deal of respect and admiration for his devotion to his calling and to the people of his parish. Unfortunately, I believe that in this situation Father Mike is walking a fine line between the separation of church and state.

Father Mike was quoted in The Herald as saying that our Catholic Church’s position is pro-immigration. I truly hope Father Mike is making this statement as referring to legal immigration and not immigration that violates the law.

Seeing as how the Minuteman campaign claims its purpose is to stop, curb, assist law enforcement with illegal immigration, I’m perturbed at the idea that our local government and the Catholic Church would advocate illegal immigration.

There are so many worthwhile projects and endeavors that our mayor, City Commission and Father Mike could spend their time on other than this. I think Father Mike would better spend his time organizing his parishioners and a campaign to improve the quality of life in Cameron Park (picking up trash and erasing graffiti, education etc).

The Vatican is a sovereign, independent and very wealthy country and I have yet to hear that is has an open border policy. Would the Vatican accept illegal immigrants? Or would they be turned away?

At the end of the day and at the end of any controversy we should list our priorities as Americans first and ethnicity second.

God Bless America and its protectors.

Marco Gonzalez
    McAllen
    Via the Internet
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote:
    The Vatican is a sovereign, independent and very wealthy country and I have yet to hear that is has an open border policy. Would the Vatican accept illegal immigrants? Or would they be turned away?

Quote:
    Father Mike was quoted in The Herald as saying that our Catholic Church’s position is pro-immigration. I truly hope Father Mike is making this statement as referring to legal immigration and not immigration that violates the law.

Quote:
    God Bless America and its protectors.

No, God Bless YOU, Mr. Gonzalez, for being the great American that you are.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)