Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Oprah Won't Endorse President Obama for 2012 Reelection:

Reps deny Oprah Winfrey won't endorse Obama for 2012 reelection over fears of alienating OWN viewers.

Olson/Getty:

Barack Obama and talk show host Oprah Winfrey at a campaign event in 2007 in Des Moines, Iowa. According to a report, Oprah will not endorse President Obama for his reelection campaign.

BY Aliyah Shahid

DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Originally Published:Friday, April 8th 2011, 2:33 PM

Updated: Saturday, April 9th 2011, 9:32 AM

President Obama may have to forgo the Oprah Effect this time around.

The influential talk show host isn't planning to publicly endorse Obama during his 2012 reelection campaign because she fears it might alienate viewers from tuning into her recently-launched Oprah Winfrey Network, according to PopEater.

"Unlike in 2008, when a drop in ratings didn't matter as much for the queen of TV, Oprah is now fighting every day to get people to tune into OWN," a source told the gossip website.

In 2008, Winfrey created huge buzz when she endorsed Obama despite criticism that she should not express her political views.

The talk show queen's favorability dropped from 74% to 66% and her unfavorability ratings jumped to 26% after she held a political rally in support of Obama's candidacy three years ago.

Lisa Halliday, a spokeswoman for Winfrey, denied the report Friday evening.

"Oprah's support of President Obama has been and remains unwavering since she initially endorsed his candidacy in 2007. Any reports that suggest otherwise are untrue," Halliday told the Daily News.

Another spokesperson said Winfrey addressed the issue during an interview with Piers Morgan in January.

During that discussion, Winfrey did not say whether she would endorse Obama in 2012, but explained why she decided to back him in the first place.

Winfrey said she was moved after seeing Obama speak at the Democratic National Convention in 2004.

"I felt that this man is going to be President of the United States one day, and I hope I'm alive to see it. And if I am alive to see it, I want to be a part of that," she said.

But the source told the gossip site that although she's a big fan of the President, she won't make it public in his second run for the Oval Office.

"Helping a friend keep the most important job in the world is great, but making sure her OWN network thrives is now her priority."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politic ... z1JBRz6nyh
    When you aid and support criminals, you live a criminal life style yourself:

I think many citizens are discussed and confused, after putting so much trust into something that has failed them miserly. Any person running for office that has stood with undocumented aliens more than they have Americans should not expect Americans to stand with them, this is just how the ball rolls in the U.S.

Yea, we know... Obama is a rating liability.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces_2010
    I think many citizens are discussed and confused, after putting so much trust into something that has failed them miserly. Any person running for office that has stood with undocumented aliens more than they have Americans should not expect Americans to stand with them, this is just how the ball rolls in the U.S.
    "SO TRUE" as a matter of fact, I don't think Obama is going to get the same treatment this time around because he has as you have said "STOOD WITH ILLEGALS" while everybody else that may have needed him to stand with them, had to do without. he has not been a president to the American people. he has instead been a great president to those who he promised amnesty to when he was running for office. he don't even care about the unemployed, homeless and hungry American citizens. "HE WILL NOT BE RE-ELECTED IN 2012

I always felt that Oprah tipped the scale for Obozo. Just like her "book of the month" club elevated book sales, her support of "clown of the century" elevated Obozo's popularity.

She has a lot of viewers who think she is the be all, end all... so if it's good enough for Oprah by God it's good enough for me! That may be a "shallow" opinion on my part, but people who sit on their butts watching TV all day are more likely to be "sheeple". That's MY opinion, and mine only.

If she won't endorse him, I'm seeing that as a good thing! I know that a lot of people who voted for him are sorely disappointed that his "hope and change" are NOT the hope and change they were expecting. I am hoping that people realized when he bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia and literally spit on the Queen of England, that that was his nature! His alliance lies with the Muslim world and NOT the US.

Oprah who?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Quote Originally Posted by LadyStClaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Pisces_2010
    "SO TRUE" as a matter of fact, I don't think Obama is going to get the same treatment this time around because he has as you have said "STOOD WITH ILLEGALS" while everybody else that may have needed him to stand with them, had to do without. he has not been a president to the American people. he has instead been a great president to those who he promised amnesty to when he was running for office. he don't even care about the unemployed, homeless and hungry American citizens. "HE WILL NOT BE RE-ELECTED IN 2012
    Citizens are taking notes daily and they will not forget what they have been exposed to nor will they keep begging our leaders to do whats right for this Country and citizens. Enough is enough of anythings.

Look at all of the new groups that have been created the last few months, in Utah, Virginia, Arizona, and all across the U.S. showing support for increase laws against illegal aliens. This should allow any person to see what will happen come voting time.

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    Oprah who?
    I agree.

Dixie

Too late Oprah. I refuse to watch your trashy network or show! I also agree with Oprah who?