Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member controlledImmigration's Avatar

Oregon: A sanctuary state?

Oregon: A sanctuary state?

Published: August 31, 2007

To the Editor:
    Oregon is a sanctuary state which means Oregon will not allow its officials to report the status of illegal immigrants who commit crimes to federal immigration authorities. When did Oregon secede from the Union? The governor and legislators are sworn to uphold the Constitution of the United States and that of Oregon.

Why would the governor and legislators allow people who are in the state illegally to remain in violation of federal law {Section 287 (g)} which requires such reporting by states. Do they prefer to see Oregon's lawful citizens victimized by illegal residents like plucking trout from a stream? Obviously so, just watch the nightly news. What's next? Sanctuary for child molesters? Drug dealers? Rapists? Sexual predators? Terrorists? Where does it say which federal laws Oregon's government gets to enforce, or provide sanctuary against? I now declare myself in sanctuary against all of Oregon's laws I disagree with.

I fully support lawful immigration and the assimilation of immigrants into American society. If we had leaders with patriotic knowledge they would know that was the original purpose of U.S. Immigration policies – assimilation into American society. Instead we get illegals crossing the border helter skelter, spreading all across the country shoving their own language and culture down our throats like America doesn't exist. Wake up President Bush and Governor Kulongoski; protect citizenship like it meant something.

John P. Rizzo
    Keizer

http://www.keizertimes.com/news/story.cfm?story_no=8491

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    Such disregard to federal law and the Constitution!!!
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

I just found out that Nevada is also a sanctuary State....
    We need a law that says that Santcuart states do NOT get Fed funding....maybe that will get their notice.....
    But then again....we have Reid...the biggest "we the business" person going....
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    Got me thinking that alot of states are!!!
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul