Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Paul Ryan rules out Donald Trump’s ‘deportation force’

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Of course it's in the works in Congress. Ryan said he was pushing for it. Democrats are pushing for it. A lot of open borders Republicans are pushing for it. There's probably already a bi-partisan bill prepared. Dick Durbin reported in December he was drafting a bill for it.

That is CONGRESS. Not Trump.

Where was your "warning bell" on December 16, 2016 when Durbin announced he was drafting the bill??!!

Tuesday, December 06, 2016

Durbin working on bill to grant legal status to DACA immigrants

Durbin

WASHINGTON - Illinois U.S. Senator Dick Durbin is one of several "Gang of Eight" senators that are plotting legislation for the new Congress to grant amnesty to those that say they were brought into the U.S. unlawfully as minors.

Pro-amnesty Sens. Durbin and Lindsey Graham (R-SC) are working on a bill to grant legal status to Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), President Obama’s executive amnesty program that was overturned by the U.S. Supreme Court.

“Sen. Graham and I discussed it again this morning and we hope to even have this bill ready before we leave next week, a bipartisan effort to say to the new president, ‘give these young people a fighting chance,’” Durbin said in The Hill last week.

“You can’t blame these kids for coming here, you can’t blame these kids for coming out of the shadows,” Graham said. (The Hill, Dec. 1, 2016)

Approximately 740,000 illegal aliens have received DACA since President Obama unilaterally implemented it in 2012, the Federation for American Immigration Reform reports.

Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) is also supportive of a DACA amnesty. Rubio said he would not “retroactively remove” the temporary “legal” protections DACA recipients received from President Obama.

“It expires. And what I would say is, if you have it, you’ll have it for the remainder of that period of time, but you will not be able to renew it,” Rubio said. “In the meantime, and it’s not a long period of time, but it does give us the time to do border security, modernization, and then move to something very reasonable for people like those who came here as children, or those who have been here for a long time who are not criminals to allow them to attain some legal status through a legal way, not an unconstitutional way, which is what DACA is.”

FAIR says the push for amnesty in the aftermath of the 2016 election shows how out of touch these senators are with the American people.

"Donald Trump made opposing illegal immigration a focal point of this platform throughout the campaign," the group says in a Nov 15thlegislative update. "This position clearly resonated with voters: a Pulse Opinion Research poll commissioned by the Center for Immigration Studies just ahead of the election found that voters overwhelmingly want our immigration laws enforced."

The poll found that 56 percent of likely voters supported “causing illegal aliens to return to their home countries by penalizing employers, getting cooperation from local law enforcement, and denying welfare benefits” and 54 percent believed that there has been “too little effort placed on enforcing our immigration laws."

A Zogby Analytics exit poll conducted on behalf of FAIR similarly found that American voters, including Hispanic Americans, want our immigration laws enforced.

Lastly, Sen. Graham’s claim that a DACA amnesty would “pass overwhelming” is not supported by fact. Indeed, Congress has repeatedly considered and rejected the DREAM Act. The DREAM Act was included in the “comprehensive” immigration reform bills that Congress refused to pass in 2006, 2007, and 2013. As a standalone measure, the bill has been equally unsuccessful.

http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/il...mmigrants.html
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

JohnDoe2 wrote:

Yeah, that's what I thought, no MW ringing a warning bell, he didn't even make a post on that thread. Lorrie posted the article and GeorgiaPeach and I raised hell about it in our posts and Beezer agreed.

We are not in this mess because of Donald Trump. We're in this mess because of these traitors in Congress. Donald Trump is going to get US out of this mess not dig US in deeper. Trump is not our enemy, he is the best friend we've ever had as an organization and deserves more respect and support than what he's getting from some. We need to keep our battle lines straight.
    Last edited by Judy; 01-15-2017 at 10:15 PM.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Of course it's in the works in Congress. Ryan said he was pushing for it. Democrats are pushing for it. A lot of open borders Republicans are pushing for it. There's probably already a bi-partisan bill prepared. Dick Durbin reported in December he was drafting a bill for it.

That is CONGRESS. Not Trump.

Where was your "warning bell" on December 16, 2016 when Durbin announced he was drafting the bill??!!
    You're missing my whole point, but of course that doesn't surprise me because you dance around things you don't agree with all the time. My warning is that PE Trump is going to support some sort of path that will continue an amnesty for DACA illegals. Trump's involvement and support is my warning. Heed it or ignore it, your choice, but please don't attempt to claim my warning is something it's not.

Of course I know the Senate and Ryan is working on an amnesty bill. You must think I live in a bomb shelter out in the middle of the Nevada desert. I realize I don't have the huge amount of free time you obviously do, but I do keep up with the news and consider myself well informed on all issues regarding illegal immigration. Well, actually you were just trying to demean me, but of course I knew that. That too is a standard practice you tend to utilize against those you disagree with.
    Last edited by MW; 01-16-2017 at 10:06 AM.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW wrote:

Trump's involvement and support is my warning.
    Trump is not involved and does not support DACA.

Katrina Pierson: Paul Ryan Makes Promises To Illegal Immigrant, But Not To Mother Of Son Killed By One

Posted By Ian Schwartz
    On Date January 14, 2017

Trump campaign spokeswoman Katrina Pierson slammed House Speaker Paul Ryan for promising an illegal immigrant that they will not be deported at a town hall event Thursday night hosted by CNN. Pierson said it should raise eyebrows that Ryan will make promises to non-citizens but wouldn't promise a mother whose son was murdered by an illegal immigrant who also asked a question at the town hall that there would be no more murders of U.S. citizens by those who are undocumented.

Here's an excerpt of the question Ryan received and how he answered, as played on The O'Reilly Factor Friday night:

ANGELICA VILLALOBOS: Thank you, Speaker Ryan. My name is Angelica Villalobos. I'm undocumented. I've been - like he mentioned, I've been living in the State of Oklahoma. I'm here with one of my daughters, Destiny. I've been in the United States for 21 years. I am protected from deportation because of the DACA program.... Do you think that I should be deported and many families in my situation should?

RYAN: No. No, Angelica. First of all, I can see that you love your daughter and you are a nice person who has a great future ahead of you and I hope your future is here... But if you're worried about, you know, some deportation force coming, knocking on your door this year, don't worry about that.

"One has to raise their eyebrows when the sitting House Speaker makes a policy promise to a non-citizen residing in this country, particularly one that is in direct contradiction to the election results, not just in the country but in his home state," Pierson said. "More importantly, unless this is the Speaker's way of wanting to introduce legislation to codify this piece of Obama's legacy, on January 20th there will be a new president and that will be Donald Trump and he's the only one who would have authority over that executive order."

"What we left out of this discussion is Marry Ann Mendoza, the mother who spoke to Paul Ryan prior to this mother, whose son was a police officer that was killed by a repeat offender. There was no promise to her that we were going to make sure that this wouldn't happen to a family here in the United States. And that's who we should be making the promises to," the former Trump spokesperson told Eric Bolling.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...ed_by_one.html

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    MW wrote:

Trump is not involved and does not support DACA.
    There you go trying to obfuscate what I actually said. I didn't say Trump supported DACA. What I said was, Trump will more than likely end up supporting a plan that will continue an amnesty for DACA illegals. Obama's executive order has given them amnesty for now. Trump may actually cancel the program, but that certainly doesn't mean he won't approve something else that will continue the amnesty. Actually, I'm predicting that is exactly what will happen.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW wrote:

My warning is that PE Trump is going to support some sort of path that will continue an amnesty for DACA illegals. Trump's involvement and support is my warning.
    I quoted your statement in bold "Trump's involvement and support is my warning."

I responded that Trump is not involved and does not support DACA.

MW wrote:

What I said was, Trump will more than likely end up supporting a plan that will continue an amnesty for DACA illegals. Obama's executive order has given them amnesty for now. Trump may actually cancel the program, but that certainly doesn't mean he won't approve something else that will continue the amnesty. Actually, I'm predicting that is exactly what will happen.
    I see you've upgraded your warning to a prediction.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    MW wrote:

I quoted your statement in bold "Trump's involvement and support is my warning."

I responded that Trump is not involved and does not support DACA.

MW wrote:

I see you've upgraded your warning to a prediction.
    Whatever, we're just going in circles. You know exactly what my intended meaning was and is.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234