Pelosi Just Gaslights Biden's Handling of Border Crisis, and a Texas Democrat Sheriff Would Like a Word

By Sister Toldjah | Apr 07, 2021 6:30 PM ET

Regardless of how wildly the Biden administration continues to spin dire situation at the southern border, there’s no mistaking the fact that it’s a straight-up crisis of epic proportions.

Just for starters, there are thousands of unaccompanied minors who are being housed in overcrowded migrant facilities, there have been COVID outbreaks in some of the facilities and in border towns, there have been dead bodies seen floating in the Rio Grande, and we recently learned that suspected terrorists had been apprehended trying to sneak over the border.

On top of that have been the heartbreaking videos of young girls being dumped over the wall at the border and the young boy who was abandoned and terrified he’d be kidnapped by smugglers, which my colleague Nick Arama reported on earlier.

With all that in mind, it will shock some (even though it shouldn’t) to see the outright gaslighting House Speaker Nancy Pelosi engaged in today when discussing the issue at an event in California. President Biden, she stated with a serious look on her face, had the country on a “good path” with his handling of the crisis:

“The fact is that we’re on a good path at the border under the leadership of President Biden,” Pelosi said. “It’s about restructuring how we do what is happening there, because we were in a very bad situation under the Trump administration.”

Watch:

The Recount
@therecount

Replying to @therecountHouse Speaker Nancy Pelosi: "We're on a good path at the border under the leadership of President Biden ... We were in a very bad situation under the Trump administration."

2:30 PM · Apr 7, 2021

Ummm … no. That is just not the case at all, for all the reasons I mentioned above and more.

But while Democrats like Pelosi can brush off Republican criticism all they want to and falsely blame the Trump administration in the process, it will be hard for them to ignore the criticism of Biden’s handling of the border crisis when it comes from one of their own, including from Democrat sheriffs in Texas like Val Verde County Sheriff Joe Frank Martinez, who put out a plea for politicians who are disputing that the situation is a crisis to come view things for themselves. In addition to that, he specifically pinned the surge of illegal immigrants on Biden.

Here’s what Sheriff Martinez wrote about it in a piece published by the USA Today:

In all my 42 years here, I have never seen so many migrants risking their lives to cross the Rio Grande as in the past couple of months.

Our sheriff’s office generally consists of just four patrol deputies per shift — for all 2 million acres and all 110 miles of border. It can become overwhelming pretty quick.
[…]

ITEM: We were called to recover the remains of a Haitian woman, whose body was located on the American side of the river. She was pregnant with twins, and her pregnancy was at term. Her husband’s body was found nearby, on the Mexican side.
[…]

ITEM: Three of my four deputies spent more than half of their workday detaining 54 South Americans who had turned themselves in. They held the group until Border Patrol arrived, leaving just one deputy to serve the entire county for several hours. On this event, 75% of my resources were used to support the United States Border Patrol.
[…]

This unprecedented tide of migration started just a few days before Jan. 20, when migrants, along with everybody else, realized that the United States was about to become lax with the immigration policy.
[…]

I wish I could invite Washington decision-makers to Val Verde County — and not just for a photo opportunity.
If they could stay a few days and see the madness and mayhem going on right now, there’d be no more wasting time trying to decide whether the border situation is a “crisis” or not.

Sheriff Martinez has not been the only Texas Democrat to push back against the Biden administration’s denial of reality concerning the border. Rep. Henry Cuellar is among several Democratic House members from the state who have called Biden out for not being upfront about the situation.

“Any president should come down [and] really spend time with border communities,” Cuellar told Fox News last month. “You know, the president sent a delegation and a bunch of folks from the White House. They didn’t talk to anybody, not even members of Congress down here.”

Last I heard, Biden had put Vice President Harris in charge of managing the border crisis at this stage, but on this issue, she’s nowhere to be found, which can also be said about the President himself.

This country is not on a “good path” in any way, shape or form right now in terms of the border crisis. Pelosi may feel differently, but as the Ben Shapiro saying goes, facts do not care about your feelings. And the facts, in this case, are definitely not on her side.

https://redstate.com/sister-toldjah/2021/04/07/pelosi-just-gaslights-bidens-handling-of-border-crisis-and-a-texas-democrat-sheriff-would-like-a-word-n356971