Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

Phoenix Rising – Updated

Phoenix Rising – Updated
    By La Shawn Barber • June 3, 2010 07:16 AM

Update: Show your support for Arizona with a state flag on your Twitter and Facebook profile pics.

No, it’s not a Harry Potter convention. It’s a rally to support Arizona.

Although a majority of Americans supports Arizona’s common-sense immigration law, liberal politicians and mainstream media are determined to demonize the beleaguered border state. And for what? Why are they so critical of a state’s reasonable attempt to protect law-abiding taxpayers? Maddening.

Supporters (and protesters, I’m sure – ICE, you may want to stop by) will gather this Saturday beginning at 3 p.m. PST at the Wesley Bolin Plaza in Phoenix to listen to men like former House members Tom Tancredo, a pro-enforcement American after my own heart, and J.D. Hayworth, author of Whatever It Takes: Illegal Immigration, Border Security, And the War on Terror. (I highly recommend his book, which I reviewed in 2006.)

By the way, if you haven’t read Arizona’s SB 1070 (PDF), you should, at least Article 8, Enforcement of Immigration Laws, which begins on the second page. There is nothing remotely unfair about it. I hope other states pass similar laws.

As you’ve read, our Department of Justice is considering filing a lawsuit against Arizona. Our government may sue a state for trying to alleviate the burden of illegal aliens, whose presence the federal government has ignored all these years. I’m sure the lawyers at DOJ know they’d have to sue California, too, as the state has a similar immigration law on the books.

Governor Jan Brewer has started a defense fund in anticipation of legal challenges. If you want to contribute, send your money to:

The Governor’s Border Security Legal Defense Fund
    c/o Governor Jan Brewer
    1700 W Washington St.
    Phoenix, AZ 85007

Good to be back at Michelle’s while she’s away. See you in a bit.

Follow me on Twitter @La Shawn.

http://michellemalkin.com/2010/06/03/phoenix-rising/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

my facebook has an arizona flag as the main picture.

Lots of those who had AZ flags have changed the past day or two to ISRAEL flags now