Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Poll gives Ritter 15-point lead, 11 percent undecided

Poll gives Ritter 15-point lead, 11 percent undecided
    Created: 10/8/2006 4:44 PM MST - Updated: 10/9/2006 3:04 PM MST
    Dan Boniface Web Producer

DENVER (AP) - A poll released Sunday by The Denver Post of registered voters gave Democrat Bill Ritter a 15-point lead over Republican Bob Beauprez, with 11 percent undecided.
    video

Additional Resources...
    Ritter still has lead in new poll, but race could tighten
    A poll published in the Denver Post on Sunday showed Bill Ritter has a 15-point lead over Bob Beauprez in the Colorado gubernatorial race. 9NEWS at 5 p.m. October 8, 2006.

The poll, conducted by Mason-Dixon Polling Research of 625 registered voters between Oct. 3-5, had Ritter leading in every region of the state with 50 percent support overall. Beauprez had 35 percent.

The poll had a margin of error of plus or minus four percentage points.

A poll by Ciruli Associates on Friday gave Ritter a 10-point lead with 20 percent of the 500 polled undecided.

"Things look very good for Ritter, but the election is still a month away, and this isn't a state where Democrats tend to win by big margins statewide," said Seth Masket, a political science professor at the University of Denver.

John Marshall, campaign spokesman for Beauprez, said the Mason-Dixon poll results were wrong. "This race is going to tighten up. It's going to be close," said Ritter campaign manager Greg Kolomitz.

The poll found Ritter leading Beauprez in Republican strongholds. It said 40 percent of those polled had an unfavorable view of Beauprez, compared with 32 percent who had a favorable view. Forty-six percent had a favorable view of Ritter, compared to 23 percent with a negative view.

Ritter led Beauprez on issues such as how to handle the economy, environment and regulation of energy development. On immigration, the two were essentially tied.

"Beauprez has to drive Ritter's unfavorables up. The only way you get elected when your unfavorable ratings are that high is to get your opponent's up as well," said GOP consultant Katy Atkinson. "The No. 1 issue in the state is still illegal immigration. He has to pound Ritter on that."

Kolomitz said Ritter has already shown he can take attacks on immigration. "What the people of Colorado want to know is what you're going to do and what you're for," he said.

http://www.9news.com
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

between Oct. 3-5,
    When did the story break on Ritter giving DWI deportation reprieves? Was that before or after the poll? I think that would make a difference.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sorry Dixie, I just added the following information to the story:

Created: 10/8/2006 4:44 PM MST - Updated: 10/9/2006 3:04 PM MST
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

No appology necessary! I'm just curious if the news of his DWI program for illegal aliens has effected his poll position. It should!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

IT did not effect it enough, but for certain ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION is the #1 issue. No one asked WHAT RITTER would DO on it. He FALLS BACK ON " ITS THE Governments problem.

I dont like Beauprez, I like Ritter, but hes a softy. I dont care what he did in the past as long as hes not a limp noodle TODAY. Ill call his office and see what his possision is. LET THE GOV handle it is NOT ENOUGH thats why we have a problem idiot.!!!!!!!!! He knows he cant be too goofy. Im sorry that Colorado is such a nice place and its our #1 issue, most of you suffer way more than Coloradoans do.- Its nice and upper middle income, moderate Republican state. Thats why its the #1 issue...

Here in Ky. Rep. Geoff Davis is running again, he has voted for closing the borders, now has endorsed stopping anchor babies, etc......the Democrat running is Ken Lucas.

Lucas says he is tough on illegal immigration, but when he was in Congress, he voted for S.S. to be given to Mexicans.

I hear on TV that many Americans all over the Country are going to vote Democrat, because of this Foley situation......

Everyone here, should know there are very few Democrats who want border control and they do want amnesty.

I will not let the Foley Follies to stand in the way of voting for a secure border!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!