Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Potential Dole challenger Hagan weighs her options

Elizabeth Dole has been strong against illegal immigration and we should support her in her reelection run next year:

-----------------

Potential Dole challenger Hagan weighs her options
    By Aaron Blake
    TheHill.com
    October 26, 2007

North Carolina state Sen. Kay Hagan (D) is rethinking her decision not to enter the race against Sen. Elizabeth Dole (R-N.C.) in 2008, and she could enter the race in the coming days.

Hagan’s campaign manager, Linda Cary, told The Hill in an e-mail that the subject of Hagan re-evaluating the race “has come up, and Senator Hagan will be making an announcement early next week.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yes, she's definitely a keeper.

Yeah, I'll just bet the Dems have smoke coming out their ears after the events of the past few days. Between Jim Neal's opening his closet door, Durbin's 'dream' evolving into a nightmare (for him, illegals & democrats), and the Hillary/Obama endorsement of amnesty for the 'poor undocumented kids', SCHIP= tax increase,-- I 'spect there's a lot of teardrops in the keg.

Maybe 'THEY' don't realize just how much we love our Senator Dole here in NC. I've yet to meet anyone in my area who doesn't have great respect and admiration for her.

MW
    North Carolina state Sen. Kay Hagan (D) is rethinking her decision not to enter the race against Sen. Elizabeth Dole (R-N.C.) in 2008, and she could enter the race in the coming days.
    My advise to you Ms. Hagan, save your energy and time. You have zero chance of beating out Sen. Dole.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

She gets it. I'll be sending her a contribution. Read this on her "Friends of Elizabeth Dole" website:
    -----------------

Dear friend,

When it comes to amnesty for illegal aliens, I’ve never paused, hesitated or stammered – I say I’m flat out opposed to it!

I opposed amnesty when I ran for the U.S. Senate in 2002. I fought to defeat the amnesty bill that passed the Senate in 2006. I fought tooth and nail to take down the amnesty bill that ultimately failed on Thursday.

In fact, I cast the deciding procedural vote Wednesday night that ultimately broke up the coalition of Senators who were trying to ram this bill through the Senate.

The immigration problem indeed raises many tough questions – and I am certain that the bill Harry Reid was finally forced to pull off the Senate floor Thursday night is NOT the answer.

This legislation put the cart ahead of the horse. It rushed to legalize millions of illegal aliens – that is NOT the urgent matter at hand. We must deal with the real crisis and first focus on securing our borders and enforcing our laws. We are a nation of laws – it’s time we act like it!

Up to a million illegal aliens cross the porous southern border each year.

No immigration reform legislation will succeed – not even good reform (which the Kennedy bill was NOT) – unless our borders are secure.

For decades, Americans have been promised a secure border, but it hasn’t happened. Consider the recent legislation that authorized 700 miles of fencing – astoundingly, just TWO miles have been constructed!

Americans are rightly cynical about any promises to secure the border.

My parameters are simple: One, we must secure the border. Two, we must enforce the laws already on the books and empower law enforcement officials to do their jobs enforcing them. Then and only then we can take up immigration reform.

I must be honest with you, many of my colleagues in Congress disagree with me. And President Bush disagrees with me.

The Democrats have promised to soon bring this bad bill back to the Senate floor, and the Democrats are planning a major political assault on me for my opposition. They will use this to try to hurt me in the upcoming election.

Be assured, I will stand firmly against this bill. I don’t care what the political pundits, the media, or the liberals say or think – because I reject the notion that granting amnesty to millions of illegal aliens will solve our country’s out of control immigration problem. I can wage this fight as long as I know you are standing with me.

Please let me know I can count on you:

Please use the contribution link to help my campaign fight back against the attacks that are sure to come.

Thank you so much for your help and support – and thank you for your commitment to a safer, more prosperous America.

Elizabeth Dole

The fight against amnesty for illegal immigrants is one of the most important we’ve had since I was elected to the Senate. I will stand firm insisting on securing our border first. I hope you will stand with me by supporting my campaign. And if you can send your contribution before the June 30th fund raising report deadline, that will be an added boost! Thank you.

http://www.elizabethdole.org/immigration.htm
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)