Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ProEnglish to sue Tucson school over Pledge of Allegiance

Subject: News from ProEnglish
    Date: Apr 9, 2008 4:22 PM
    '

For Immediate Release

April 9, 2008

ProEnglish to sue Tucson school over Pledge of Allegiance in Spanish

ARLINGTON, Va.—“Requiring second grade students to recite the Pledge of Allegiance in Spanish every day without their parents’ knowledge or consent is outrageous and violates Article 28 of Arizona’s Constitution which makes English the official language of the state,â€

Excellent...this is why we need to make English the official language for the entire nation.

This is good. There should be more suits like this to counter "their" suits. Fight fire with fire. Of course, the Mexican government supports theirs. But there should be money on our side to sue them back.

I called and spoke to the principal of Gale Elementary. She was very antagonistic (well, so was I, hehehhhe) and tried to defend Ms. Lee who was the teacher who started this with her 2ND GRADE STUDENTS.

The principal explained to me that Ms. Lee was trying to teach her students Spanish. I responded, "That is fine. There are so many ways a teacher can teach her students a foreign language, BUT DO NOT TOUCH THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE. That was written in English and HAS ALWAYS BEEN RECITED IN ENGLISH. Ms. Lee can surely find another way to teach her students Spanish without desecrating our Pledge."

I also reminded her that, in 2006, some lunatics translated the "Star Spangled Banner" into Spanish and it was played on several radio stations every day. The backlash was HUGE. So huge that Pres. Bush had to come out on TV and announce that the national anthem SHOULD ONLY BE SUNG IN ENGLISH. That stopped all the radio playings. Since that time, I have NEVER heard that Spanish version again.

So, it is the same with the Pledge of Allegiance. It has always been and should always be said in English.
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_OC
    I called and spoke to the principal of Gale Elementary. She was very antagonistic (well, so was I, hehehhhe) and tried to defend Ms. Lee who was the teacher who started this with her 2ND GRADE STUDENTS.

The principal explained to me that Ms. Lee was trying to teach her students Spanish. I responded, "That is fine. There are so many ways a teacher can teach her students a foreign language, BUT DO NOT TOUCH THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE. That was written in English and HAS ALWAYS BEEN RECITED IN ENGLISH. Ms. Lee can surely find another way to teach her students Spanish without desecrating our Pledge."

I also reminded her that, in 2006, some lunatics translated the "Star Spangled Banner" into Spanish and it was played on several radio stations every day. The backlash was HUGE. So huge that Pres. Bush had to come out on TV and announce that the national anthem SHOULD ONLY BE SUNG IN ENGLISH. That stopped all the radio playings. Since that time, I have NEVER heard that Spanish version again.

So, it is the same with the Pledge of Allegiance. It has always been and should always be said in English.
    That's what LANGUAGE classes are for!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Ok, what if parents do not want their 2nd grade children learning Spanish, especially when conducted in a manner that is disrespectful to this country! Have the parents been given notice of their childs participation in this this ad hoc language class
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno

Ok, what if parents do not want their 2nd grade children learning Spanish, especially when conducted in a manner that is disrespectful to this country! Have the parents been given notice of their childs participation in this this ad hoc language class
    NoBueno, another thing that bothered me is WHY ARE SECOND GRADERS LEARNING FOREIGN LANGUAGES???

Shouldn't they be learning math and English and art? This is the USA. English is our official language. Learning a foreign language is an ELECTIVE course in high school. So why are we wasting elementary teaching time on learning Spanish?

And why Spanish? What about Chinese?? The future of America is trade with China. Wouldn't it be more beneficial to teach our kids -- SUPPOSING WE MUST TEACH THEM A FOREIGN LANGUAGE AT 2ND GRADE -- a foreign language that will help them conduct business in the future?

I just don't understand why Spanish is given preference in our schools ABOVE OTHER LANGUAGES. Is it me, or is this racist?
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

[quote=Ex_OC]
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Quote Originally Posted by "Ex_OC":24k7h774

NoBueno, another thing that bothered me is WHY ARE SECOND GRADERS LEARNING FOREIGN LANGUAGES???

Shouldn't they be learning math and English and art? This is the USA. English is our official language. Learning a foreign language is an ELECTIVE course in high school. So why are we wasting elementary teaching time on learning Spanish?

And why Spanish? What about Chinese?? The future of America is trade with China. Wouldn't it be more beneficial to teach our kids -- SUPPOSING WE MUST TEACH THEM A FOREIGN LANGUAGE AT 2ND GRADE -- a foreign language that will help them conduct business in the future?

I just don't understand why Spanish is given preference in our schools ABOVE OTHER LANGUAGES. Is it me, or is this racist?[/quote:24k7h774]

I would definetly say it's not you Ex OC, as I am also very uncomfortable with the preference that Spanish (and those who speak it) seem to be enjoying. Great job calling the principle though! I'm sure she was surprised to hear from you!

Why Spanish over other languages. Well the only thing I can come up with is that perhaps they know something you and I don't...