Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Program simulates illegals' experience

Man, this guy Foxx sure WOULD NOT get my vote! Yea, Charlotte is a Sanctuary City but this kind of crap just gives legitamcy to illegal invaders breaking the law!

Program simulates illegals' experience
    Event is intendedtogive perspective
    BY FRANCO ORDOƑEZ - The Charlotte Observer
    Published: Sat, May. 23, 2009 02:00AM
    Modified Fri, May. 22, 2009 11:25PM

CHARLOTTE -- Nearly two dozen residents, including mayoral candidate Anthony Foxx, participated in a pilot event Thursday night designed to simulate the illegal immigrant experience.

The role-playing event, conducted at the Quaker Meeting House in North Charlotte, seeks to give non-Latinos a better understanding of why rural Mexicans migrate to the United States and the challenges they face here.

Denise Alvarez, an English-as-second-language teacher, played a coyote capitalizing on the desperation of poor campesinos.

Bob Morgan, 39, a Charlotte graphic designer, played the role of a bean picker who felt forced to cross the border illegally to support his family.

"It's one thing to hear something on a news report," he said. "It's another to try and experience what these people are going through to get here."

Lori Fernald Khamala, director of the N.C. immigrant rights program at the American Friends Service Committee, hosted the event. She said the goal is to bring the program to other churches, schools and other organizations.

Foxx, a City Council member, said city leaders, even those who may not agree with message, could learn from the program.

"The way the simulation is set up, you see that people really have to want to get here," he said. "People on all sides of this issue should be willing to see it from this perspective."

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1539398.html

Cry me a friggin river. Ignorance is no excuse for the law, I don't care what their reasons are. This is nothing but propaganda.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

People on all sides of this issue should be willing to see it from this perspective."
    PEOPLE FROM ALL SIDES OF THIS ISSUE SHOULD BE WILLING TO SEE IT FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF THOSE WHOSE COUNTRY IS BEING ILLEGALLY INVADED AND CULTURALLY OCCUPIED BY FOREIGN INVADERS.

If things are so awful for them, then go help them build up their own country!!! There are sob stories from all over the world!! We can't save everyone and always at the expense of Americans and their country!!

This is one of the most sickening things I have heard yet. So the problem with those of us against the illegal invasion is just that we don't have enough empathy!!! And illegal advocates can help us develop it!!!

God please help us!!!!
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Lori Fernald Khamala, director of the N.C. immigrant rights program at the American Friends Service Committee, hosted the event. She said the goal is to bring the program to other churches, schools and other organizations.

Oh really? And just how is this program being funded? Any taxpayer dollars being used?

I know that if I were a NC taxpayer I'd damned sure be finding out.

Should tax dollars be used to take this program into churches?

Should tax dollars be used for propaganda purposes in the public schools? Especially now when school budgets are being slashed left and right to compensate for the damage to the economy.....damage that illegal aliens and immigration played no small part in creating?

Probably a good thing I don't live in NC or I just might become a mighty squeaky wheel and pain in someone's backside demanding answers.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Traitors are in our churches, schools, and etc. all around us for how many years now. And "We the People" have and are footing the bills. What about the displaced American Workers? KEEP THE MIGRATE FARMERS ON THE FARM!

Now let's simulate the lives of Americans whose loved ones have been killed by illegals, the lives of American women and girls who have been raped by illegals, the lives of Americans who reach deep into their pockets to pay for benefits for illegals, the lives of unemployed Americans who watched their jobs go to illegals.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    [

Oh really? And just how is this program being funded? Any taxpayer dollars being used?

I know that if I were a NC taxpayer I'd damned sure be finding out.

Should tax dollars be used to take this program into churches?

Should tax dollars be used for propaganda purposes in the public schools? Especially now when school budgets are being slashed left and right to compensate for the damage to the economy.....damage that illegal aliens and immigration played no small part in creating?

Probably a good thing I don't live in NC or I just might become a mighty squeaky wheel and pain in someone's backside demanding answers.
    Oh believe me, Bev Perdue (Gov) and Burr and Hagan hear from me multiple times a day. The only one who listens is Richard Burr, Perdue can't give them enough fast enough, and Hagan is a mouth piece for Nobama.

*** I now note that they removed my comment. I stated that our unemployment rate is at 10.8% but the illegals take up 5% of the work force. Guess they don't want the FACTS, they just want your boo hoos for the invaders.

The role-playing event, conducted at the Quaker Meeting House in North Charlotte, seeks to give non-Latinos a better understanding of why rural Mexicans migrate to the United States and the challenges they face here.
    We understand completely why they come here, but there are also rules and regulations for allowing people into this country in an orderly way not anarchy.
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

How about simulating Americans being raped, molested, murdered, robbed, and becoming ill because of illegal aliens who break our laws by coming here?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Many of us payed a heavy price trying to get the population under control whether we bought into the scheme or not.

We had a lot invested and to allow the criminals in the government and business to over run this once great nation with their illegal laborers is a leviathan of a crime on us as a society.

I wonder if a program like this could help us in making others aware of our sacrifice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast