Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Protest of Arpaio immigration crackdown draws 7

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/ ... st-ON.html

William Hermann
    The Arizona Republic
    Jun. 16, 2006 11:09 AM

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio was nonplussed when the crowd he expected protesting his policy of arresting illegal immigrants turned out to be seven people.

"Where's the big protest?" Arpaio asked to folks holding signs at his downtown Phoenix offices. Phoenix Copwatch spokesman Sean Whitcomb said most members were working.

"But we're here to say you're misusing the law meant to go after immigrant smugglers," Whitcomb said.

In August, Arizona legislators passed an anti-human-smuggling statute. Later, Maricopa County Attorney Andrew Thomas said undocumented immigrants suspected of paying coyotes could be prosecuted as conspirators.

Arpaio said Thomas' decision was all he needed.

"I have the right to enforce the law; you have the right to protest," Arpaio said. "And I arrest more illegal immigrants each day than you have protesters."

Email this article Click to send
    Print this article Choose File Print or Ctrl P or Apple P
    Most popular pages Today | This Week
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

And they were probably with the ACLU (American Communist Loony Union)
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!

I really like Sheriff Joe. A man like this is not going to intimidated by a protest, even it was huge insteady of just 7 (hee-hee)

In August, Arizona legislators passed an anti-human-smuggling statute. Later, Maricopa County Attorney Andrew Thomas said undocumented immigrants suspected of paying coyotes could be prosecuted as conspirators.
    sounds like conspiracy to me
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Sheriff Joe is a real Hero, in my book! One of him is worth a hundred of those spineless Senators!

He must have had a big laugh......

MW
    When does the movie come out. I loved "Walking Tall" and Sheriff Buford Pusser - bet "Sheriff of Maricopa County" will be a smash hit!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

You have gotta love it! Someone actually doing something.

Sheriff Joe knows just what to say in every situation.
    He is such a down to earth guy and he calls 'em as he sees 'em. God bless him, we need a dozen more.
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

Re: Protest of Arpaio immigration crackdown draws 7

Quote Originally Posted by jimpasz
    http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0616Protest-ON.html

William Hermann
    The Arizona Republic
    Jun. 16, 2006 11:09 AM

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio was nonplussed when the crowd he expected protesting his policy of arresting illegal immigrants turned out to be seven people.

"Where's the big protest?" Arpaio asked to folks holding signs at his downtown Phoenix offices. Phoenix Copwatch spokesman Sean Whitcomb said most members were working.

"But we're here to say you're misusing the law meant to go after immigrant smugglers," Whitcomb said.

Arpaio said Thomas' decision was all he needed.

"I have the right to enforce the law; you have the right to protest," Arpaio said. "And I arrest more illegal immigrants each day than you have protesters."

Email this article Click to send
    Print this article Choose File Print or Ctrl P or Apple P
    Most popular pages Today | This Week
    Someone needs to smack this Whitcomb clown in the head and tell him to sit down and shut up.
    <div align="center">"IF it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight-Dial 1-800-USMC"</div>