Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Protesters take Fox to task for past immigration comments

[img]http://media.timesleader.com/images/300*195/FoxProtest1_11-06-2007_C46LCHK.jpg[/img]
    Lonny Walsh, of Sweet Valley, protests former Mexican President Vicente Fox’s appearance at the F.M. Kirby Center in Wilkes-Barre on Monday evening on Public Square.

Protesters take Fox to task for past immigration comments .
    By Steve Mocarsky
    Staff Writer
    November 5, 2007
    S. JOHN WILKIN/THE TIMES LEADER
    Times Leader Photo Store
    WILKES-BARRE – Those who attended former Mexican President Vicente Fox’s speech at the F.M. Kirby Center on Monday got an earful before they even entered the theater.

About 75 to 100 protesters were gathered on Public Square across the street from the Kirby, holding American flags and signs protesting Fox and illegal immigration, and chanting slogans such as “Fox, go home!â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Katherine Dezinski, 21, said her attendance at Fox’s speech was a mandatory requirement for her personal and professional development class at Wilkes, but she was looking forward to hearing what the former Mexican leader had to say.
    That's outrageous.

This was a great protest. My hat is off to Dan Smeriglio & company for doing a great job at organizing this. I was there last night and it being a rainy evening didn't expect too many and about 75 people were there. It was great. This issue is finally before the public eye. 75 people in Wilkes-Barre where the problem isn't nearly as obvious as it is in other places is great. We'll have 375 next time!! Thanks Dan
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

Here's what the competing (Citizens Voice) Wilkes-Barre paper had to say:

Protesters: ‘Close the borders’
    BY COULTER JONES
    STAFF WRITER
    11/06/2007
    Email to a friendPrinter-friendly
    WILKES-BARRE — The glow from F.M. Kirby Center’s marquee stretched to Public Square, Monday night, where more than 70 protesters tried to stretch their voices back behind the walls of the theater.

“Deport Vicente Fox,â€
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

911FSA Families and Friends:

I am sending you this email to provide you with an account of an event Joan Molinaro and I attended on behalf of 9-11FSA at the F.M. Kirby Center entitled “An Evening with Vicente Fox.â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Does this guy live in the USA now?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    Does this guy live in the USA now?
    Probably, I think the Mexicans expelled him. I do know they tore down his statue.

Does he have dual citizenship or is he simply just over-staying his visa?!

I'd like to see how long Hugo Chavez would be allowed to jump from city to city, all over the USA giving U.S. lectures!!

(You don't suppose that someone has laid out the red carpet for Mr. Fox, do you? I can't IMAGINE WHO would do THAT, can you?!)

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen

Two peas in a pod!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn