Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Protestors Take On Those Who Hire Illegal Immigrants

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2005/05 ... _14_05.txt

Last modified Saturday, May 14, 2005 9:49 PM PDT

Protestors take on those who hire illegal immigrants

By: KELLY BRUSCH - Staff Writer

TEMECULA ---- A protest against residents who hire day laborers turned confrontational Saturday morning after a would-be employer was surrounded by pickets who were shouting and holding signs at a street corner near Wine Country.

Protesters began arriving at Butterfield Stage and Rancho California roads around 8 a.m. and lined the sidewalks, walking up and down Butterfield Stage. Some shouted slogans as they passed small groups of hopeful laborers, grouped in twos and threes along stretches of the sidewalk and on the grass.

The intersection is a place where laborers, some illegal immigrants, often meet early in the morning looking for work. A laborer said protesters meet regularly at the intersection.

The rally, aimed at residents who hire the laborers, remained mostly peaceful until two trucks pulled off the road on Butterfield Stage and their drivers got out in search of workers.

Men and women representing a variety of organizations, including CASA, or Citizens' Alliance for a Secure America, and the Minuteman Project, strode over to one man and surrounded him, shouting, "Arrest the employers."

Steve Prime, there supporting the protest, snapped a photo of the man, who then attempted to take his camera and shoved him, according to Prime. Both sides shouted back and forth, a few obscenities were exchanged and the man got back into his car without further incident. The Riverside County Sheriff's Department was called, and a deputy spoke with some of the people involved.

Robin Hvidston, a member of CASA who organized the event, insisted the group was not trying to make trouble or harass the laborers.

"We always say (the protests) are peaceful. We target the employers," she said. "If they didn't offer the work, the trade would dry up."

Hvidston, along with another woman, earlier tried to cajole a laborer into posing for a photograph with them. Someone snapped a shot of the three of them. A few minutes later, they tried to get the man to pose again, and when he resisted, they began calling him chicken, and the Spanish word for chicken, pollo.

Laborers who congregated on the sidewalk saw the protest not as peaceful, but "harassment."

Rodrigo Ramirez, standing with two others, said the men are just trying to make extra money. He said they have other jobs they work during the week, and employers pay up to $22 an hour for his services on the weekends.

"I just don't know why they're doing it," he said of the rallyers. "For what?"

Earlier that morning, several protesters were walking south on Butterfield Stage behind a laborer. The man looked back and yelled, "I gotta work to eat."

Freeman Sawyer, with the Murrieta-Temecula Republican Assembly, called the hiring of illegal immigrants "the new slavery."

He said immigrants suffer poor working conditions and low wages and receive no benefits, yet the government does little to curb this practice.

Murrieta resident Dottie Dalton, who often is referred to as the T-shirt lady because of the printed shirts she makes and wears, said she spent a month in Arizona, watching the border as part of the Minuteman Project earlier this year.

She doesn't consider herself a vigilante, but what she calls a "vigil-Annie," and referred to the project as the country's largest neighborhood watch.

"I'm 66," she said. "I won't get too many more chances to make history."

Staff writer David Carlson contributed to this report. Contact staff writer Kelly Brusch at (951) 676-4315, Ext. 2626, or kbrusch@californian.com.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

$22 an hour for week end service??? AND they can't find Americans to work those jobs?? Give ME a Break....they'd be lined up all day if they knew about the work.

GO Vigil-Annie!!

That's right Annie, you're makin' history, good history!! Thanks for the hard work!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This article has been placed upon the ALIPAC homepage.

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=N ... le&sid=406

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I know lots of laid off people that would welcome $22.00 an hour. The thing is, they are Americans who are in this country legally. Mr Rodrigo Ramirez they are protesting folks who hire illegals, they were doing it to protect our country.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Good Choice William!! Anyway to HIGHLIGHT the $22 an hour in the article or put a header.....this is very important because I am sick to death of hearing about poor immigrants and slave wages....which couldn't be FARTHER from the TRUTH....as we are learning!!

This Cheap Labor argument is a COVER STORY for flooding the nation with foreign agents of foreign governments.

The cucumber pickers in North Carolina make around $8 an hour plus a bonus that can double that rate and does.

Most new jobs in our town are opening up at retail stores for $8 or less.

Many Americans work in our town part-time for minimum wage...$5.35 an hour I think it is!!

Cheap Labor isn't the underlying motive for illegal immigration...it's population growth to change the political power of the United States....to pave the way for open borders and the end of the sovereign territory of the nation known as the United States of America!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Cheap Labor isn't the underlying motive for illegal immigration...it's population growth to change the political power of the United States....to pave the way for open borders and the end of the sovereign territory of the nation known as the United States of America!!

Absolutely Correct.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Pprotest Illegal labor

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    I know lots of laid off people that would welcome $22.00 an hour. The thing is, they are Americans who are in this country legally. Mr Rodrigo Ramirez they are protesting folks who hire illegals, they were doing it to protect our country.
    I know alot of people who would love to make 22.00 an hour! Lots of people have been laid off, and lots of people lost pensions. And alot of Americans WANT THESE JOBS. Trouble is, only illegals get hired.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I believe that some are making $22.00 an hour. HOwever, they are not getting benefits and I believe they are getting paid under the table.

However, they are not getting benefits and I believe they are getting paid under the table.
    True but many Americans don’t get benefits and they still have to pay the hospital if they have to go. Also those illegals who are getting paid under the table ARE NOT contributing to our society.

Sonali wrote
    I believe that some are making $22.00 an hour. HOwever, they are not getting benefits and I believe they are getting paid under the table.
    By BEING PAID UNDER THE TABLE.........they ARE GETTING BENEFITS!
    The Benefits come in the form of NOT paying TAXES and being able to control their own money
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)