Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rapist accused of attacking victim after release believed to have fled to Mexico

Rapist accused of attacking victim after release believed to have fled to Mexico

POSTED 10:58 AM, JUNE 20, 2019, BY Q13 NEWS STAFF, UPDATED AT 12:40PM, JUNE 20, 2019
    or r
    SEATTLE -- Francisco Carranza-Ramirez, a convicted rapist who is wanted for allegedly attacking his victim after being released from jail, may have fled the country, the King County Sheriff’s Office said Thursday.

Detectives released a new photo of Carranza-Ramirez without his beard and long hair. Carranza-Ramirez was initially thought to be homeless in the White Center area, but investigators now believe he’s in Mexico.

[COLOR=#1ED75F !important]RELATED STORY

Victim attacked again by convicted rapist is upset over King County’s handling of case

The investigation is still ongoing, and felony warrants for the 35-year-old suspect remain active.

Carranza-Ramirez is a native of Mexico and moved to the United States when he was 21.

In October 2018, Carranza-Ramirez was charged with Rape 3rd Degree of a wheelchair-dependent woman. In February, he pleaded guilty at an arraignment.

The standard sentencing range for his crime is six to 13 months. He served almost nine months.

When released, detectives say the convicted rapist returned to the home of his victim and attacked her again.

Francisco Carranza-Ramirez: Search on for rapist who returned to attack victim after release from jail

“I thought he was going to kill me,” the victim, who does not want to be identified, said. “The way he had my throat, I couldn’t breathe. I couldn’t talk.”

"He actually assaulted her, hit her with something on her head, knocking her off her wheelchair and then he strangled her, threatening to kill her," said Sgt. Ryan Abbott with the King County Sheriff's Office.

The victim remains in hiding, and she says she won’t be safe until police arrest Carranza-Ramirez.

“When he was pushing his way inside my apartment, I had a split-second opportunity to call 911,” she said. “I hoped the police were on the line, in reality, I had no idea if anyone was coming.”

And she’s afraid that as long as Carranza-Ramirez remains at large, he’s likely to attack again.

“I think that if he found a vulnerable person, especially,” she said. “I think he`s a predator.”

https://q13fox.com/2019/06/20/rapist...led-to-mexico/
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

CRIMES
    Published 1 hour ago

Washington man assaults woman days after being released from jail for raping her last year: prosecutors

By Paulina Dedaj | Fox News

Washington authorities are hunting a convicted rapist who they believe attacked a wheelchair-bound woman just three days after getting out of jail -- where he'd been locked up for previously raping the same woman.

Francisco Carranza-Ramirez, 35, was released from jail last Thursday after serving less than a year for the rape of a White Center woman on two occasions.

A spokesperson for the King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office told Fox News in an email that Carranza-Ramirez was charged with rape in the 3rd degree in October and pleaded guilty in February.

After nine months in jail (including time served as the case proceeded), Carranza-Ramirez was ordered by a judge to return to Mexico as part of a plea agreement.

When contacted by Fox News, the prosecution did not confirm Carranza-Ramirez's citizenship status, but did note his criminal history did not specifically indicate he was in the U.S. illegally.

Francisco Carranza-Ramirez, 35, was released from jail last Thursday after serving less than a year in jail for the rape of a White Center woman. (King County Sheriff's Office)

Authorities say he was released on Thursday and on Saturday he tracked down the 32-year-old woman he previously terrorized. He approached the woman the following day and allegedly assaulted her. The woman, who is partially paralyzed, suffered cuts and bruises, a seizure and a concussion after authorities say she was strangled and struck in the head, the Seattle Times reported.

Carranza-Ramirez met the victim in September when he was said to have offered the woman and her 2-year-old son a ride home after meeting them that day. He eventually worked his way into her apartment, where he raped her, the Seattle Post Intelligencer reported.

Two days later he showed up at her apartment and again raped her.

Carranza-Ramirez is now facing assault in the second degree, felony harassment, intimidating a witness and felony violation of a sexual assault protection order. A possible sentence multiplier due to allegedly reoffending only days after leaving jail was attached to each charge.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/washington-man-assaults-woman-days-after-being-released-from-jail-for-raping-her-last-year-prosecutors
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn