Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bill Nelson's reply to correspondence (Florida)

Thanks for contacting me about immigration. All of us can agree the system is broken and needs to be fixed.

I believe the U.S. needs a smart, realistic plan to address illegal immigration—one that protects our borders and ensures that all immigrants play by the rules. To protect our borders, we need to use cutting-edge technology, including unmanned aerial vehicles. And, we need to enforce our existing laws.

We also need to create a guest worker program that provides a path to legal status for those who qualify and play by the rules and deports those who do not. Playing by the rules means paying your taxes, keeping a job, and learning English.

Thanks for sharing your concerns with me, and be assured I’ll keep them in mind as the Senate considers this issue.

P.S. From time to time, I compile electronic news briefs highlighting key issues and hot topics of particular importance to Floridians. If you'd like to receive these e-briefs, visit my Web site and sign up for them at http://billnelson.senate.gov/news/ebriefs.cfm

I just fiured it was all rhetoric in some form or another. Same ole, same ole! After a while, with the exception of a few, they all sound similar.

Breezy, There will probably be a guest worker program unfortunately. If there is I hope it doesn't include illegal immigrants , they have already snuck into our country, in many cases used forged documents, and paid little or no taxes. I would be in a world of hurt if I engaged in forgery or cheated the IRS yet the politicos are so eager to give them a pass.

Just to report my calling activity today.

I started with Frist - line busy. Then did my own pathetic Colorado Senators. Ken Salazar and Wayne Allard. Then my new Virginia Senators. Sen Allen and Sen Warner.

I called all the Republicans on the Judiciary Committee first. (Because the committee to negotiate with the house is supposed to consist of some of the WORST Republicans and Dems on the Judiciary) I figure Dems are hopeless so I concentrated on Republicans.

That list includes:

Orrin Hatch (up for re-election)
    Arlen Specter (line busy every time I tried it)
    Jon Kyl
    John Cornyn (no comment line available to me today)
    Jeff Sessions (to thank him and encourage him to work for enforcement only)
    Charles Grassley (same as Sessions)
    Lindsey Graham
    Mike Dewine (up for re-election)
    Sam Brownback
    Tom Coburn (thanked him for his vote against the Specter bill and encouraged him to keep fighting)

I then called all the Republican Senators who are up for re-election this year.
    Allen - VA
    Chaffee - RI
    DeWine - OH
    Ensign - NV
    Hatch - UT
    Hutchinson - TX
    Kyl - AZ
    Lott - MS

These I didn't get to and will call tomorrow.
    Lugar - IN
    Santorum - PA
    Snowe - ME
    Talent - MO
    Thomas - WY
    Burns - MT

I left McCain a good message to let him know his presidential aspirations are laughable as long as he continues on this course.

My last call was to Frist again. This time I got a comment line and was able to leave him a message. I told him his presidential aspirations are LAUGHABLE at this point.

This was my basic message for all the Senators I was able to get through to today:

I support the president putting troops on the border, but I think that the President is doing it only as political theater. I call on the Senator to make Congress and this Administration ACCOUNTABLE for securing the border FIRST in a way we can measure in its effectiveness BEFORE they even ASK the American people to accept a guestworker/amnesty/shamnesty. THEY MUST PROVE THEIR BASIC COMPETENCE to secure the border before they should expect us to have confidence in ANY of their schemes. This president, this administration and most of this Congress HAVE A SERIOUS LACK OF CREDIBILITY RIGHT NOW.

As a long time Republican and representing a large number of grassroots Republicans who are feeling disenfrachised and betrayed I WILL NOT VOTE FOR ANYONE WHO DOES NOT REQUIRE ENFORCEMENT FIRST! NOT JUST POLITICAL THEATRICS BUT MEASURABLE CHANGE in the number of illegals getting across our borders.
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Evidently the troops will not patrol the border they will just assist the border patrol in the more mundane aspects of their duties to free up a few more to detain illegals. Bush's speech was pathetic. He is only interested in amnesty and a guest worker program. If congress does not get and keep control of the border before this horrific amnesty is effectuated it'll be the 1986 deal all over but on steroids this time. O'riely was impressed with Bush's speech. What a vacuous windbag. Frist now says he favors a guest worker program, in other words amnesty.
    What a nightmare all of the politicians are talking in Orwellian new speak.

Belize is sounding better and better small government ,English is the official language and the fishing is fantastic. I'd also be taller than most everyone else.

Red Alert

Andyt, Alipac Titan

Know what you mean by the storms down here. First clap of thunder and I go poof.

At this point, I truly think there will be a "Guest Worker Program." What the Prez wants, he gets. By hook or by crook. What I really wish, and it's only wishful thinking, is that farmers would open up their orchards and fields and let all of us pick what we want. Would be cheaper than buying at the store and cheaper than paying the illegal's wage. What I do know, is that I picked several crates of strawberries when I lived in N.Y.S., 16 pints to the crate, as well as peas. Was a good deal price wise. And, it didn't kill me either. It's a crock to say the least, that they do the jobs American's don't want.

Alipac Titan ... I emailed McCain and Frist and told them to forget about any presidential hopes. They are dreaming. (Our nightmare) Trouble is, they dream all the time and don't seem to wake up at all. I once admired McCain for all he endured in Vietnam. I suppose to some degree I may have some. However, for his aligning himself with Kennedy (flubber blubber jerk), and the stand he now takes .... admiration for him is or has, descended to the black hole abyss. I sure hope that we all get out and vote this November and in 2008.

Everyone has and continues to work very hard on these calls.

It should be encouraging to all that stand with us to see such an active effort from ALIPAC supporters on this effort.

You all deserve a great deal of thanks for what you are doing.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Calls are much better than e-mails. If you have relatives in other states, you can give their address as your contact so the Senators will listen to you. Some only ask for a zip code and you can prepare those beforehand.

I notice that only 4 of the 14 Republicans up for re-election DARED to vote NO today on the Isakson Amendment.

Chafee RI
    DeWine OH
    Lugar IN
    Snowe ME

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Did anyone notice that a day after his "comprehensive plan" speech he is already backing off the guard proposal. He stated that any governor who did not wish to utilize the guard could exempt their state. Pretty tempting for 4 governors that include 2 democrats, a slick pimp for industry and an unpredictable weight lifter who is married into the Kennedy clan. Bush's comprehensive plan includes amnesty and an open border which will insure many future amnesties.

I have access to cable tv here temporarily. I've become a CNN junky. I've been hearing ALOT of mention of our CALLS, E-MAILS, and FAXES DEMANDING BORDER SECURITY BE PUT FIRST!! It wouldn't be such a tough call for the (traitor)Republicans if our calls were not putting an extreme AMOUNT of pressure on them. But they've been made AWARE of the SCREAMING from Americans and what they intend to do about it in November. What has put that pressure on them?

OUR CALLS!

I have YET to hear anything about the pressure that the illegal marches put on anyone! ( Oh, I know the Democrats think this puts all kinds of pressure on them, but most of them are TRIPPING anyway.
    WAY out in left field)

CALLS WORK! KEEP UP THAT CALLING! WE CAN WIN THIS!!

Also, notice that the pro-open borders crowd couldn't get many people out there this time for the DC protest. This means that the illegal community has SEEN that there is a politically dangerous backlash going on in response to those earlier marches showing hordes of illegals in the streets with impunity.

BTW, maybe good to mention to your Senators that ILLEGALS ARE BEING REGISTERED TO VOTE because of the LAX registration laws that THEY(the incompetent lawmakers) are responsible for.

I plan to make that part of my talking points tomorrow.

For all the good it seems to be doing, have spent a great deal of my day today on the phone to Washington, DC...got through to 53 Senators, and most of them give you the polite, "Thank you for your message, we'll make sure it gets to the appropriate person."

As if I believe that one...it is obvious that the Senators are fawning all over each other in how stupidly generous they can be with CRIMINALS in our country illegal. Meanwhile, we send out our faxes, email our letters, and make our phone calls....sorry, think we need something else.

Pinto Bean
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast