Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

Rep. King: Deported Haitians Could Help With Relief Effort

Rep. Steve King: Deported Haitians Could Help With Relief Effort
    Rachel Slajda | January 15, 2010, 3:14PM

Rep. Steve King (R-IA) told ABC News today that he thinks a new push to grant Haitian refugees temporary protection status -- allowing them to live and work in the U.S. legally -- is a political move by immigration activists. He also suggested that it may be better to deport Haitians, so they could contribute to the relief effort there.

"This sounds to me like open borders advocates exercising the Rahm Emanuel axiom: 'Never let a crisis go to waste,'" King said. "Illegal immigrants from Haiti have no reason to fear deportation, but if they are deported, Haiti is in great need of relief workers, and many of them could be a big help to their fellow Haitians."

King is the ranking member of the House Subcommittee on Immigration.

http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo.co ... effort.php
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

How is it that it is safe for rescue workers to go to Haiti, but suddenly not safe for deported Haitians to go there? There are rescue workers flooding into Haiti from everywhere. No one is saying it is too dangerous for them to go there. But when it comes to deportees...suddenly...it is not safe...it is a threat to their health. It is all BS. I know some damage was done there, but I think it is being overblown. For one thing they want Haitians to be able to come here. And for another thing, they want money. And they are getting big time money. I am not saying they dont need some help...but when you look at pictures of the damage, it seems like the same pictures over and over again. I think it is being way overblown.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)