Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Rep. Mo Brooks joins effort to stop Obama immigration executive action in 2016

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rep. Mo Brooks joins effort to stop Obama immigration executive action in 2016

By Paul Gattis
    on March 28, 2015 at 2:45 PM, updated March 28, 2015 at 2:50 PM

While an effort in the U.S. House of Representatives failed to stop funding for President Obama's executive immigration orders for the rest of the 2015 fiscal year, an effort is already underway to stop it in 2016.

Alabama Congressman Mo Brooks was one of 15 representatives who signed a March 26 letter calling for the defunding of Obama's immigration orders in the 2016 fiscal year, which starts Oct. 1.

The Hill, a website in Washington that covers Capitol Hill, reported that immigration hardliners such as Brooks were among the letters signatories, it also included U.S. Rep. Jeff Miller, R-Florida, chair of the House Veterans' Affairs Committee.

Brooks, R-Huntsville, has been among the more outspoken members of Congress in opposing Obama's immigration policies. The six Republicans from Alabama in the House voted earlier this month against funding for the Department of Homeland Security because it stripped language defunding Obama's immigration executive orders.

At the time, Brooks issued a statement pointed to 22 occasions when Obama said he did not have authority to take executive action on immigration - language that was included in the House letter to the subcommittee on Homeland Security, a subset of the House Appropriations Committee.

"It is rare when all three branches of the federal government agree," Brooks said in the March 3 statement. "A majority in the Senate and House have declared that Barack Obama's executive amnesty for illegal aliens is unlawful and unconstitutional. President Obama himself has publicly admitted at least 22 times that his executive amnesty is illegal and unconstitutional. Federal judges in both Texas and Pennsylvania have found that Barack Obama's executive amnesty conduct is illegal and unconstitutional."

"My oath of office requires that I defend and protect the Constitution. My votes to block Barack Obama's illegal and unconstitutional amnesty for illegal aliens are consistent with my oath."

Brooks has also introduced a resolution in the House authorizing Speaker John Boehner to take legal action against Obama for his executive actions on immigration.

http://www.al.com/news/huntsville/in...effort_to.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Alabama Congressman Mo Brooks was one of 15 representatives who signed a March 26 letter calling for the defunding of Obama's immigration orders in the 2016 fiscal year, which starts Oct. 1.
    IMO this is good for fooling people, but is otherwise useless. Too much water will have passed under the bridge for this measure to have a meaningful effect.

Also IMO, patriots would be wise to press for Universal E-Verify. That would send a message to wannabee illegals that the game is over, and it's time to stay home. (We'll probably also have to declare a moratorium on refugee claims by all the folks who are busy memorizing the proper phrases, but if we can get Universal E-Verify, that'll signal the Open Borders crowd that Americans are serious about being first in their own country.)
    Americans first in this magnificent country

American jobs for American workers

Fair trade, not free trade

I agree vistalad, the republican dog and pony show continues, as it will for another 2 years. Totally blew my mind how many Americans were elated over these show people's election. Now they are not producing any better then the previous Congress. We cannot afford a republican President to partner up with this bunch of anti-America Americans.

Why use a defending strategy again when they were just beaten trying to use a defending strategy?

Congress should pass a bill right now instructing all federal workers to disregard and disobey Obama's amnesty decree directives.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinssdad View Post
    I agree vistalad, the republican dog and pony show continues, as it will for another 2 years. Totally blew my mind how many Americans were elated over these show people's election. Now they are not producing any better then the previous Congress. We cannot afford a republican President to partner up with this bunch of anti-America Americans.
    I would strongly disagree with your comment that we can't afford a Republican President. However, the catch is, it has to be the RIGHT Republican. Are you suggesting we would be better off with a Democrat President? Hmm, that doesn't seem to be working for us. Wether we like it or not, a third party candidate just isn't viable at this time. Do I like it, no, but that is the reality of the situation we're faced with. Fact: two years from now there will be either a Democrat or Republican sitting in the White House.

Honestly, I'm not exactly thrilled with the idea of having the U.S. House, U.S. Senate, and White House under Republican control because I think it will lead to higher legal immigration, to include more visas for guest workers. However, I am hopeful all of this amnesty talk will end and we will see stronger border security and interior enforcement if the Republican gain complete control. Under Republican control we would also have a much better opportunity at seeing E-Verify and an end to birthright citizenship. Unfortunately, I just don't see a scenario where we'll be able to have our cake and eat it too because we've allowed things to get way out of control.

Be it right or wrong, that is my current assessement of the situation we're faced with. As for a presidential candidate, I'd like to see Rick Santorum gain some traction. If that doesn't happen, we are in desperate need of someone new to throw their hat in the ring! Santorum is the only one I'm comfortable with right now.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn