Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

REP. MURPHY INTRODUCES SECURE BORDERS ACT OF 2010

REP. MURPHY INTRODUCES SECURE BORDERS ACT OF 2010

US Fed News
    February 10, 2010
    WASHINGTON, D.C.

Rep. Patrick J. Murphy, D-Pa. (8th CD), issued the following news release:

Today, Congressman Patrick Murphy (D-8th District) introduced the Secure Borders Act of 2010, legislation that will mandate much stiffer penalties for federal agents who are found guilty of smuggling illegal aliens into the U.S.

While the majority of our federal agents put their lives on the line every day to protect our country, there are a handful who knowingly undermine these efforts by helping to smuggle illegal aliens across the border.

Murphy's bill will sentence these lawbreakers to much harsher prison terms. The legislation amends section 274(a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act to increase the penalty to a mandatory 20 years in federal prison for federal law enforcement officials and members of the Coast Guard who smuggle aliens.

"Stopping all illegal immigration and enhancing our border security is a national security imperative. Every day, brave border agents and customs officials are on the front lines battling the illegal immigration crisis, but a select few are working against our national interests and smuggling illegal aliens, and even potential terrorists, into our country," said Rep. Murphy.

"My legislation will crack down on these offenders, eliminate this weak link in our system, and provide one more tool in stopping the illegal immigration crisis in our country."

The Secure Borders Act of 2010 addresses a serious problem that has recently drawn much scrutiny - U.S. border agents aiding smugglers in transporting illegal immigrants and drugs across our borders in exchange for bribes.

These agents often know the penalties associated with their crimes, but do not consider them to be a deterrent:

* Customs Inspector, Luis Alarid, who helped trucks full of illegal immigrants and drugs pass across the border, told investigators he had looked into how much prison time he could be sentenced for his actions and felt he could do it "standing on his head." He received 7 years in jail.

* Michael Gilliland, a 16-year veteran of U.S. Border Patrol, received just 5 years in federal prison for letting hundreds of illegal immigrants pass through his border check point. Edward Archuleta, a coworker who eventually helped convict him, told reporters Gilliland "knew the laws backwards and forwards."

* Richard Elizalda, a customs inspector at the San Ysidro Port of Entry, the world's busiest border crossing point, was sentenced to 57 months in prison for letting carloads of illegal aliens through his lane at least 24 times over the course of 2 years.

* Eric Balderas, a Border Patrol agent in El Cajon Station, California, was sentenced to just 2 years in prison after pleading guilty to bringing in more than 100 illegal immigrants through his patrol area.

"The stories of these officials blatantly breaking the law are very disturbing, and what's even more offensive is the short jail time they receive once convicted," Murphy added.

"This small group of brazen criminals swore to protect our borders and instead broke our laws, and they will be given far harsher federal prison sentences for betraying their oath and weakening our national security."

For more information please contact: Sarabjit Jagirdar, Email:- htsyndication@hindustantimes.com

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/En ... 25&start=3

Hang them for treason would set a better example.
    The money is just too high they can not ignore the fact that a agent can make in one day what he makes in months and months of work.
    America has become so soft on crime, crime really dose pay now.
    We call things racism just to get attention.We reduce complicated problems to racism,not because it is racism, but because it works
    AlfredoGutierrez

Well, gee, Murphy, what's the difference between a federal agent giving them a free pass into the country when federal officials in the US Congress and the American White House want to give them a free pass to stay?

You add members of Congress, the White House and every US government agency to your bill and I might support it.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

yeah i like this bill and think we need more severe punishment for those who are in law enforcement like BP who allow illegals nad drugs into the country.
    20 years sounds like a nice time in the slammer. but lets confiscate any monies they got from working for the government or money taken from outsiders to look the other way

Quote Originally Posted by sd_hog
    The money is just too high they can not ignore the fact that a agent can make in one day what he makes in months and months of work.
    And from their standpoint when the President, US Congress, Governors, US Chamber of Commerce and all our Universities think there's nothing wroing with illegal immigration, that these people are just God-fearing hard-working people coming here to "Do the Jobs Americans Won't Do" and build a better life for themselves ... what is a Border Agent to believe?

You add members of the US Congress, the White House and every US government agency to that bill, and I might support it. But it's not fair or right to send a Border Agent to prison for 20 years for violating laws that the President, US Congress, Governors, US Chamber of Commerce and all of our nation's universities and colleges think shouldn't be laws to begin with.

We know they're just part of the Open Borders Lobby, sick traitors selling out our nation, but how can every Border Agent know that?

When Johnny Sutton, John McCain, George W Bush, Barack Obama and Janet Napolitano are behind bars for 20 years for their role in illegal immigration growth in the US, THEN, I might support picking on a Border Patrol Agent who fell victim to the temptation of money to support his family. Leave the laws that penalize our Border Patrol Agents alone. Write some laws that put these Big Fish behind bars for selling out our country.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

here / here .......throw them in prison longer
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    Quote Originally Posted by sd_hog
    And from their standpoint when the President, US Congress, Governors, US Chamber of Commerce and all our Universities think there's nothing wroing with illegal immigration, that these people are just God-fearing hard-working people coming here to "Do the Jobs Americans Won't Do" and build a better life for themselves ... what is a Border Agent to believe?

You add members of the US Congress, the White House and every US government agency to that bill, and I might support it. But it's not fair or right to send a Border Agent to prison for 20 years for violating laws that the President, US Congress, Governors, US Chamber of Commerce and all of our nation's universities and colleges think shouldn't be laws to begin with.

We know they're just part of the Open Borders Lobby, sick traitors selling out our nation, but how can every Border Agent know that?

When Johnny Sutton, John McCain, George W Bush, Barack Obama and Janet Napolitano are behind bars for 20 years for their role in illegal immigration growth in the US, THEN, I might support picking on a Border Patrol Agent who fell victim to the temptation of money to support his family. Leave the laws that penalize our Border Patrol Agents alone. Write some laws that put these Big Fish behind bars for selling out our country.
    I also agree we should start at the top and get the treason lobby in Washington first. The problem is with our elected officials that is no mistake there.
    If you ever get down to the border and see how it operates it sometimes appears as if we have the fox guarding the hen house. Now that is a mistake of managers placing foxes in front of a hen house forsure.
    We call things racism just to get attention.We reduce complicated problems to racism,not because it is racism, but because it works
    AlfredoGutierrez

[quote=sd_hog]
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    Quote Originally Posted by "sd_hog":3q8i1bdj

I also agree we should start at the top and get the treason lobby in Washington first. The problem is with our elected officials that is no mistake there.
    If you ever get down to the border and see how it operates it sometimes appears as if we have the fox guarding the hen house. Now that is a mistake of managers placing foxes in front of a hen house forsure.[/quote:3q8i1bdj]

Exactly. They're just poor patsies at that juncture. Border Patrol work is hard, lonely, desolate and UGH! Can you imagine a life down there doing nothing but chasing these assholes through brush and rivers and mud and briars only to watch our courts and DOJ "catch and release"? While they're down there risking their lives, our Big Fish are putting them in prison for trying to stop a Mexican drug smuggler, our Presidents and Congresstraitors are wailing about what nice sweet people the illegal aliens are and what a "contribution" they make to our economy, and the newspapers and universities and Chambers are moaning "our economy will collapse without illegal immigration" and what is a Border Agent to think? Is a Border Agent to think it even matters if they let a few go through for a few bucks?

Our Big Fish public officials need to be sent to prison for not doing their jobs LONG before any Border Patrol agent is sentenced to 20 years for taking some money for something everyone he reports to says isn't only not wrong, it's vital to our nation that illegal aliens get in and steal jobs from Americans and bring their drugs and drop buns on our soil.

I of course don't condone the actions of these Border Patrol agents, not one whit, but there is no way they deserve a 20 year prison sentence for dipping into the till with their pinkie when our Big Fish are dipping into it from feet to ear lobes.

That's not justice. That's not right. That is wrong, wrong and wrong.

So tell Murphy, stick his bill where the sun don't shine unless he adds every member of the US Congress, White House and agency of the US government to it, including Federal Court Judges.