Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Report: Trump to End DACA on Friday, but With An Amnesty Twist

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    You are so tragically mistaken. During arguments on the injunction the Texas lawsuit attorneys raised the issue of DACA 2012 with Judge Hanen to try and apply the injunction against DACA 2012 as well as DACA Expansion and DAPA. Judge Hanen denied their request and included in his Ruling a declaration that DACA 2012 will continue in effect. That Ruling is the Ruling that was upheld by the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court and is the law of the land UNTIL the latter of the lawsuit is dismissed or the program expires by its terms.

It naturally expired on June 15, 2017. That's why the lawsuit was scheduled to be dismissed on June 15, 2017. That's why Trump ended DACA Expansion and DAPA on June 15, but Judge Hanen extended the dismissal date of the lawsuit and his Ruling to June 30, 2017 "to give the parties time to review" which I assume was requested by Texas. Then on June 30, 2017 Texas and the 9 other states extended the dismissal date of the lawsuit to September 5 with the proviso that Trump end it or be sued to ensure Trump didn't renew DACA 2012.

It's shocking how little you know about the issues of this program, MW.

As to your requests, do your own research, I've posted all the links to the Memoradum, the Ruling, and even legal beagle forum information about this. It's all old news for people paying attention to the "legalities".
    It's you that is "tragically" confused. Judge Hanen said that DACA was "likely" unconstitutional, however, he wasn't there to rule on DACA. The actual lawsuit was on DAPA and the DACA extension. You're making much more of this than actually exist. Basically you're attempting to twist the situation to suit your own narrative. He only said it would continue in effect because he wasn't ruling on DACA since it wasn't part of the original lawsuit. This in no way had nothing to do with Trump's ability to end the program at any time. I repeat, DACA was not part of the lawsuit and the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals or the U.S. Supreme Court rulings had anything to do with DACA because it was not part of the lawsuit. Obviously I don't know how to explain this in a way that you'll understand. DACA WAS NOT PART OF THE ORIGINAL LAWSUIT AND IT WAS NOT CONSIDERED BY JUDGE HANEN, THE 5TH CIRCUIT COURT OF APPEALS, OR THE U.S. SUPREME COURT. Furthermore, like I said, DACA does not have an actual expiration date and will only expire when the Trump administration ends it or the courts do.

I realize you'll say just about anything to support Trump, but defending him on his failure to end DACA is just a little too much. Everyone, and I do mean everyone, but you knows the Trump administration could have ended DACA anytime it desired to do so. DACA is not law, it is a memorandum signed off on by a former Secretary of DHS.

AN IMPORTANT PART OF TRUMP'S CAMPAIGN WAS HIS PROMISE TO END DACA IMMEDIATELY AFTER HIS ELECTION. HIS FAILURE TO DO SO IS A BROKEN PROMISE. THERE IS NO WAY AROUND THIS FACT!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Court Rulings are law.

You might do well by yourself to actually read the 2014 Memorandum by Jeh Johnson that was challenged by the Texas lawsuit of 26 states. You might want to read the part that says USCIS on June 5, 2014 announced its renewal of the DACA program for 2 more years then read the part where Jeh Johnson is changing that to 3 years in his November 2014 Memorandum. The program expires unless USCIS announces a renewal or a lawsuit ruling extends it.

DACA 2012 was part of the 2014 Memorandum being challenged in the Texas lawsuit and while by itself was not initially challenged by Texas and the 25 other states, it was however brought up during the arguments that led to a declaration by Judge Hanen that it would continue in effect. That means DOJ can't cancel it, DHS can't cancel it and the President can't cancel it until it expires or the lawsuit is dismissed whereby the ruling is dispensed with the lawsuit.

The only entity or person to challenge DACA 2012 in court was ..... Sheriff Joe, whose case was thrown out due to lack of standing. No state challenged it, no organization challenged it, no members of Congress introduced bills to stop it, no one did a thing. Then came DACA 2014 and Texas along with 25 other states said "whoa ... you're going too far" and they were going too far, too many people, too much discretion, too broad a program, and they successfully secured an injunction against DACA Expansion and DAPA, and as almost an after-thought they tried to secure an injunction during the hearing to include DACA 2012. But the Judge said no, it's different, it's much smaller only 500,000 people involved, already in effect, already fully implemented, people already relying on it, and he declared that it continue in effect, that is much different than simply saying your request is denied and not included anything about DACA 2012 in his Ruling, but he went further and said it's different, it's smaller, it stays. He took great care to do this to protect the program, whether he agrees with the policy or not, he found no fault with it or he would have stopped it with the request for injunction.

If you want to believe regardless of the outcome of DACA that Trump broke his promise to you, that's up to you. I have no problem with that, that is your free choice to make, for whatever reason or no reason you have for it. It makes no difference to me whether you like Trump or not. I would like to see DACA 2012 ended, the sooner the better, but legally, so there are no lawsuits that would have any meat on their bones. The best way to avoid those is to let the program expire and refuse to renew it.

We'll find out Tuesday what President Trump has decided to do about DACA 2012.

I think he's going to announce that the program expired in June but was kept going until the Texas lawsuit was dismissed, which is being dismissed simultaneously with my announcement today as President of the United States, that a renewal of this program is not in the best interest of the citizens of the United States or the sovereignty of our nation and will not be renewed. He'll sign an Executive Order effectuating the termination of the program, thank everyone and walk out of the room.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Court Rulings are law.

You might do well by yourself to actually read the 2014 Memorandum by Jeh Johnson that was challenged by the Texas lawsuit of 26 states. You might want to read the part that says USCIS on June 5, 2014 announced its renewal of the DACA program for 2 more years then read the part where Jeh Johnson is changing that to 3 years in his November 2014 Memorandum. The program expires unless USCIS announces a renewal or a lawsuit ruling extends it.

DACA 2012 was part of the 2014 Memorandum being challenged in the Texas lawsuit and while by itself was not initially challenged by Texas and the 25 other states, it was however brought up during the arguments that led to a declaration by Judge Hanen that it would continue in effect. That means DOJ can't cancel it, DHS can't cancel it and the President can't cancel it until it expires or the lawsuit is dismissed whereby the ruling is dispensed with the lawsuit.

The only entity or person to challenge DACA 2012 in court was ..... Sheriff Joe, whose case was thrown out due to lack of standing. No state challenged it, no organization challenged it, no members of Congress introduced bills to stop it, no one did a thing. Then came DACA 2014 and Texas along with 25 other states said "whoa ... you're going too far" and they were going too far, too many people, too much discretion, too broad a program, and they successfully secured an injunction against DACA Expansion and DAPA, and as almost an after-thought they tried to secure an injunction during the hearing to include DACA 2012. But the Judge said no, it's different, it's much smaller only 500,000 people involved, already in effect, already fully implemented, people already relying on it, and he declared that it continue in effect, that is much different than simply saying your request is denied and not included anything about DACA 2012 in his Ruling, but he went further and said it's different, it's smaller, it stays. He took great care to do this to protect the program, whether he agrees with the policy or not, he found no fault with it or he would have stopped it with the request for injunction.

If you want to believe regardless of the outcome of DACA that Trump broke his promise to you, that's up to you. I have no problem with that, that is your free choice to make, for whatever reason or no reason you have for it. It makes no difference to me whether you like Trump or not. I would like to see DACA 2012 ended, the sooner the better, but legally, so there are no lawsuits that would have any meat on their bones. The best way to avoid those is to let the program expire and refuse to renew it.

We'll find out Tuesday what President Trump has decided to do about DACA 2012.

I think he's going to announce that the program expired in June but was kept going until the Texas lawsuit was dismissed, which is being dismissed simultaneously with my announcement today as President of the United States, that a renewal of this program is not in the best interest of the citizens of the United States or the sovereignty of our nation and will not be renewed. He'll sign an Executive Order effectuating the termination of the program, thank everyone and walk out of the room.
    Your twisting of actual fact to suit your own excuse narrative for Trump is getting very tiresome.

I'll just leave you with this one comment: President Trump could have ended DACA at anytime he so chose. There is no court action in effect that prevents or has prevented that very simple act. You are the only person that has ever suggested otherwise. I would like to say your confusion and miscomprehension of the actual facts is surprising, however, we all know you're only shoving out misinformation to obfuscate the actual facts and cover for Trump's failure to keep his promise to the American people.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I am not the only person to say this and I am not the only person who knows this. Jeff Sessions knows it. The courts know it. The White House knows it. Texas and the other 25 states know it. Everyone who has been paying attention to the actual documents and various laws and rulings involved with DACA 2012 knows it. Even a lot of ALIPACERS know it, because I did the research and posted the information and because ALIPACERS are very smart people in my opinion.

In any event, the whole world will know it on Tuesday.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    I am not the only person to say this and I am not the only person who knows this. Jeff Sessions knows it. The courts know it. The White House knows it. Texas and the other 25 states know it. Everyone who has been paying attention to the actual documents and various laws and rulings involved with DACA 2012 knows it. Even a lot of ALIPACERS know it, because I did the research and posted the information and because ALIPACERS are very smart people in my opinion.

In any event, the whole world will know it on Tuesday.

Of course you are. You're just rambling nonesense now. Everyone knows that the Trump administration holds total power over DACA and could end it at anytime. You're non-coherent ramblings don't change that fact.

Whatever happens on Tuesday has nothing to do with Trump's past abilities to end DACA on a moments notice.

LOL!! Just because you don't understand it or refuse to admit it doesn't make my postings "non-coherent".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123