Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Is this going on during a presidential election?

Or just the local elections? Hmmmm
    You cannot dedicate yourself to America unless you become in every
    respect and with every purpose of your will thoroughly Americans. You
    cannot become thoroughly Americans if you think of yourselves in groups. President Woodrow Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by TakingBackSoCal

Yeah and what will this do in the midterms, if other areas follow? This cant be constitutional! It takes our vote away!!! That's about all we have left.
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Quote Originally Posted by 93camaro
    Quote Originally Posted by TakingBackSoCal

Yeah and what will this do in the midterms, if other areas follow? This cant be constitutional! It takes our vote away!!! That's about all we have left.
    So Acorn sent the masses to this place and registered 500 voters that voted 50 times apiece? Holy Smokes
    cannot become thoroughly Americans if you think of yourselves in groups. President Woodrow Wilson

GET THIS!!!!

Hispanic apparent winner in unusual Hudson Valley election

PORT CHESTER, N.Y. – An unusual election in a New York City suburb, in which voters could cast six ballots for one candidate, apparently resulted Wednesday in the first Hispanic elected to the village Board of Trustees.

Luis Marino, a school district maintenance director, was in fourth place among 13 candidates for six trustee positions in the final but unofficial vote count, said Aldo Vitagliano, a spokesman for the village of Port Chester.

Marino, a Democrat, had 1,962 votes, well back of leader Bart Didden, an independent, who had 2,576. But Marino was well ahead of the seventh-place candidate, who had 1,272. Only 28 affidavit ballots remained to be counted, Vitagliano said.

Marino, 43, was thrilled.

"I am very happy, and I hope to do my best," he said. "I was happy to do whatever the people decided."

The court-imposed election was held after a federal judge ruled that Port Chester's conventional at-large trustee elections violated the Voting Rights Act. Although the village of about 30,000 residents is nearly half Hispanic, no Latino had ever been elected to any of the six trustee seats. Most voters were white, and white candidates always won.

The success of one of the two Hispanics on the ballot could lead to wider use of the unusual voting system, called cumulative voting, especially as a remedy for discrimination. Port Chester was the first municipality in New York to use it, said Amy Ngai, a director at FairVote, a nonprofit election research and reform group that was hired to consult in Port Chester.

In cumulative voting, residents get multiple votes to apportion as they wish among the candidates. Experts said the system allows a political minority to gain representation if it organizes and focuses its voting strength on specific candidates.

Cumulative voting has been used to elect the school board in Amarillo, Texas, the county commission in Chilton County, Ala., and the City Council in Peoria, Ill.

The judge also ordered Port Chester to implement in-person early voting, allowing residents to show up on any of five days before Tuesday to cast ballots. That, too, is a first in New York, Ngai said.

Village clerk Joan Mancuso said 604 residents voted early. Total turnout had not been calculated early Wednesday.

Arthur Furano, an 80-year-old lifelong resident of Port Chester, voted Thursday and gave all six of his votes to one candidate.

"That was very strange," he said. "I'm not sure I liked it. All my life, I've heard, 'one man, one vote.'"

His wife, Gloria Furano, gave one vote each to six candidates.

On Tuesday, Candida Sandoval voted at the Don Bosco Center, where a soup kitchen and day laborer hiring center added to the activity, and where federal observers watched the voting from a table in the corner.

"I hope that if Hispanics get in, they do something for all the Hispanic people," Sandoval said in Spanish. "I don't know, but I hope so."

Campaigning was generally low-key, and the unusual election itself was less of an issue than housing density and taxes.

The village held 12 forums — six each in English and Spanish — to let voters know about the new system and to practice voting. It also produced bright yellow T-shirts, tote bags and lawn signs declaring "Your voice, your vote, your village," all part of the education program mandated in the government agreement. Announcements were made on cable TV in each language and reminders were sent home in schoolkids' backpacks.

All the materials had to be approved in advance, in English and Spanish versions, by the Department of Justice.

Aaron Conetta said the voter education effort was so thorough he found voting easier than usual.

"It was very different but actually quite simple," he said. "No problem."
    http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.d ... /100619836

There just APPOINTING them NOW!!!

Re: Residents get 6 votes each in suburban NY UPDATE!

Quote Originally Posted by 93camaro
    On Tuesday, Candida Sandoval voted at the Don Bosco Center. "I hope that if Hispanics get in, they do something for all the Hispanic people," Sandoval said in Spanish.
    Gotta love that!

In any election, EVERY race is represented by the winners of that said election.

The DOJ, under Eric Holder OK'ed this.

Why is it the DOJ finds that if a certain race is not represented by their RACE, the ballot box must be tampered with to ENSURE their race wins an election.

Is anyone catching on to this? AFFIRMATIVE ACTION at the ballot box.

It looks like some of the voters were not eligible to vote. In other words they are illegal voters. But the government just stood around and condoned it. It's obvious why that happened.
    As far as the cumulative voting goes that isn't necessarily illegal. It could have a legitimate purpose. But in this case the purpose for using it was racial. Therefore it should not have been used.

The State Election Code should condemn this practice. For that matter, so should the US.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just Unbelievable!

The first I heard about this wacky manipulation of our electoral system was by a chance reading on Fox News’ site, and it was not even a major story there.
    In a sane world, this would merit full-page headlines in every newspaper, and on every web site in America.
    Just when you think you know everything that is going on under the radar to destroy freedom and the rule of law in America, something like this is revealed.
    Stalin would be so proud. And envious.
    The problem with cumulative voting is that each candidate is morally, if not legally, still only entitled to one vote. They cannot have the other 5 votes that would have gone to each of the other candidates. If the voter does not want to cast their votes for the other 5 candidates, they are lost. No stacking of votes.
    This is an incredibly dangerous and blatant violation of the one person-one vote rule, and another insidious back-door attempt at affirmative action. Affirmative action has led to nothing but problems, including a reason for companies to outsource jobs, and the election of an emotionally appealing, white-guilt inducing president, who is not up to his job, by any measures. If you wanted to elect a liberal black person, to assuage some misguided politically correct guilt, someone like Colin Powell would have been much better for the survival of America, and the world.
    This judge, who has approved such an assault on our constitution, needs to be disbarred, immediately, as do the judges involved in the other de-facto fraudulent cumulative elections.
    And, everything in an election (and in all other facets of American life) needs to be in English only. No exceptions.
    The natural extension of this strategy is that in a general election, a voter will theoretically be able to cast all of the votes that are normally available to be cast for federal and state house and senate, judgeships, dog catcher, etc., toward their preference for president, or any particular one person that they may deem important.
    This situation is so ludicrous that it is still difficult to believe it is really happening.
    I fear I may have over-estimated the time available to turn this country around by peaceful means. It does not look good for the home team.
    So, this is what it feels like at the end of a great civilization…

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast