Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

RIOT ERUPTS AT LAKEWOOD SCHOOL < Bad, Very Bad!

It may be wise to start questioning your kids about whats going on at their school or better yet check the school yourself. This is starting to get out of control and will only get worse.

http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/jersey/in ... xml&coll=1

Nearly 150 involved in fight that students blame on feud between rival gangs
    Tuesday, November 13, 2007
    BY MARYANN SPOTO
    Star-Ledger Staff

A fight outside Lakewood High School yesterday morning escalated into a full-scale riot inside the building, where nearly 150 students attacked each other, innocent bystanders and even police.

The first officers to respond to the scene were set upon by combatants and needed to call in backup from several surrounding towns. Students said the fight was precipitated by rival black and Hispanic gangs, who had been sparring in recent days.

At its height, the melee featured random attacks on bystanders, students throwing chairs and tables and some officers pinned to the ground.

Police in full riot gear and using pepper spray and dogs finally got things under control after about 20 minutes. Worried parents summoned to the school by cell phone calls from their children found it in a state of siege, and some were arrested when they refused to obey orders from police.

"It was a riot," Fred Anderson, 16, said after his mother took him out of school early. "It was everybody for yourself."

By the time the fracas was over, about a dozen students and adults were arrested, including two "intruders" who instigated the brawl around 10:45 a.m. in a parking lot outside the lunchroom, police and school officials said.

The most serious injury was a student who needed stitches for facial injuries, officials said. Some police officers also were hurt, but none seriously, Deputy Police Chief Charles Smith said.

The school was placed in lockdown for about an hour as fighting raged and police conducted mop-up operations. The school remained open, although many parents pulled their children out early. Officials said school would open this morning and warned students to carry their ID cards.

Police were still sorting out what prompted the initial fight, but they and others said it was related to at least one after-school fight last week that contributed to an incident at a party over the weekend.

Ten Lakewood police officers who responded to the initial call of a fight at the Ocean County school were almost immediately overwhelmed by the number of fighting students and called for backup after they were attacked, said In all, nearly 75 police officers from five towns donned full riot gear and took to the hallways to end the violence and restore order.

Jessica Elem, 17, stayed in school the whole day but couldn't push from her mind the sight of police using chemical spray on her friend, who repeatedly asked to see her injured cousin.

A lot of the Hispanic gang members in Lakewood are illegals. Lakewood has become overun by illegals. This has been building for a while and is really coming to a head.

Back in 2000 when my father in law was diagnosed with meso-asbestos lung-they did a boat load of tests on him. They ran some special TB tests on him because-these were the doctor's words-of all the illegal mexicans in Lakewood had TB and it was spreading -he lived in Brick which is right next door.

This makes me even more sad. I was born and raised in Ocean County. I am a runner. I used to go for runs in Ocean County park-which is in Lakewood. I never had fear-this was in the 80's and 90's and very early 00's. I also ran in Riverwood Park in nearby Toms River. By myself-a young woman. My dad-who is 6'2 and backs down to no one has been at both parks recently and there are Spanish speaking groups of gang type people and he does not feel safe. My family goes back to the 16-1700's in Ocean county and was the founding families of one of the towns yet we have been driven out and these illegals have more rights than we do.

Suspension? Assaulting a police officer gets more than detention. These students have shown no respect for authority at all. Since these were criminal acts, juvenile court and ICE should be involved.

If you are the parents of a student and you are illegally in this country, after student time served, the entire family should be deported.

This would act as a future deterent to keep their noses clean.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

How much money do you want to be that MALDEF and LaRaza are already on the scene to make sure that none of the 'rights' of the illegal gangbangers were violated? This is too disgusting for words.

Immigration checks and deportation.
    287(g) + e-verify + SSN no match = Attrition through enforcement

It is just going to get worse. Our schools cannot keep up with this assinine plan of "NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND". Illegal kids should NOT be able to ATTEND AMERICAN SCHOOLS!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It's definately a problem in Lakewood.

The apartment owners in lakewood should be held accountable to harboring illegal aliens. Santurary cities and towns put us ALL AT RISK! I firmly believe after 9/11, that all citizens should show proof of citizenship when getting mortgages, loans, apartments, licenses ect..

As an American citizen and I would have no problems with showing proof before doing these things.

Hi Nicole.

I sent a PM to you.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

racial tensions between blacks and hispanics is HUGE. Yet, you won't see this in the news or papers too much... instead they'll talk about some hic in Jena, the racist white town etc...

they are putting a top on all of this... What I find most disturbing is the black caucus does nothing. they allow legislation to pass thru for ilegals knowing the very citizens they support are getting the shaft.

Was this in Lakewood, California?
    [b] If we do not insist on Voter ID, how can we stop illegals from voting?

Lakewood, NJ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast