Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ronald McDonald House-Philly..open for illegal aliens

CASA RONALD MC DONALD HOSPEDA A PADRES DE NIÑOS ENFERMOS

"Es como un hotel cinco estrellas"
    Los familiares de pacientes de escasos recursos que vivan a más de 25 millas de distancia del hospital reciben este apoyo y, además, se conectan con otros parientes en circunstancias similares. La organización sin ánimo de lucro necesita voluntarios bilingües.
    SonaÃ* Pérez
    Redacción Al DÃ*a

KENIA LEIVA (izq.) y Dinorah Jeréz comparten la tristeza de tener hijos enfermos del corazón, pero ahora también la alegrÃ*a de encontrar apoyo. Ambas madres se acompañan y ayudan mutuamente en la Casa Ronald Mc Donald.

Cuando un niño es internado en un hospital lejos de su hogar es difÃ*cil para la familia y a veces separa a las parejas. Sin embargo, en la casa de Ronald McDonald en Filadelfia las familias en estas situaciones consiguen un hogar temporal y, además, comparten sus penas con otras, y se apoyan entre sÃ*.

Es el caso de Kenia Leiva, de Trenton (NJ) y Dinorah Jerez, de York (PA), ambas madres con niños afectados del corazón

Cuando la hija de Leiva nació, los doctores descubrieron que le faltaba la mitad de su corazón y la diagnosticaron con hipoplastia del lado izquierdo.

Desde entonces, Leiva ha pasado casi todos los dÃ*as al lado de su bebé Hillary, de ocho meses, preocupada por su salud.

Al principio, el hospital St. Christopher, en el norte de la ciudad, le ofreció una cama en un cuarto comunal y un cupón diario de $5 cada para comer.

“Pero no pude descansar con todas las máquinas alrededor y se me hizo muy caro el estacionamiento. Se me empezó hacer difÃ*cilâ€

"I was exposing myself to danger driving one hour each way every day without a license to see my daughter because I still haven't fixed my papers. At the Ronald McDonald House, they don't ask me for my documents, I just showed them my identification from Costa Rica. With Hillary in the hospital, that's all I needed for them to help", said Leiva, who has been staying there since September 2007.

Myself, myself, myself, what about the other people on the road lady?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well there is our problem right in front of us . Corporate America's under mining . She's Illegal , drives Illegal , pays no taxes and i bet just like with the kidney transplant to Illegals they come first while American familys wait and spent there cash . No i'm not a Racist , but i am Pro American 100% .
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

I donate to the Ronald McDonald House and will continue to do so.
    most of the kids are gravely ill and having a parent close helps them cope with the fear.

http://www.rmhc.com/donors/

This is not like sponsoring LaRaza...this charity has been helping Americans for years
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have had family members stay at a RMH not b/c they were indigent, but b/c they lived very far from the hospital and it was the only way one parent or the other could stay during the crisis health situation with their child. After the long health crisis was over, they became big donor and fundraisers and the child that was sick now sits on the board of the local RMH. I do have mixed feelings about illegal immigrants who already are receiving free health care...taking advantage of yet another benefit. RMH better not be turning down citizens to accommodate illegal aliens. That would be unacceptable.

I have had family members stay at a RMH not b/c they were indigent, but b/c they lived very far from the hospital and it was the only way one parent or the other could stay during the crisis health situation with their child. After the long health crisis was over, they became big donor and fundraisers and the child that was sick now sits on the board of the local RMH. I do have mixed feelings about illegal immigrants who already are receiving free health care...taking advantage of yet another benefit. RMH better not be turning down citizens to accommodate illegal aliens. That would be unacceptable.

Thanks leagal I had something much worse to say but you said it best .., so thanks ..

Thank you legalatina for translating the article.

Another requirement for acceptance into the RMH is that the families must reside more than 25 miles from the hospital.
    25 miles is very generous.
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Ronald McDonald House is a first come first serve arrangement, and if there is no space for you, then sorry, too bad. The kicker, Americans have been funding RMH for years, not illegal aliens.

Just another case of an illegal alien, taking the place of an American.

Dixie

Quote Originally Posted by legalatina
    ...... I do have mixed feelings about illegal immigrants who already are receiving free health care...taking advantage of yet another benefit. RMH better not be turning down citizens to accommodate illegal aliens. That would be unacceptable.
    How can they NOT be turning down citizens to accommodate illegal aliens? There are a finite number of hospital beds and hotel rooms at any one given time. If an illegal is in one, then a citizen is not.

I am not a donor for this particular charity. And as long as RMH welcomes illegal aliens, I will will not consider sending them money.
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a burglar an uninvited house guest."