Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rubio now supports Arizona law, hardens immigration line

Politico
    Rubio now supports Arizona law, hardens immigration line
    May 06, 2010
    Categories:2010.

Marco Rubio now says he backs Arizona's controversial immigration law, after changes aimed at somewhat limiting the circumstances in which people can be asked for immigration papers, but leaving the central thrust of putting immigration enforcement in the hands of local authorities.

He tells Human Events:

I was in Arizona a little under two months ago. People there had told me when I was there for a finance event, had shared with me how concerned they were about the unfortunate violence in Mexico now spreading across the border into their cities and into their state. And so this is inevitable.

And the reason that something like this happening was inevitable is because the federal government has failed to provide border security, has failed to provide a legal immigration system that works.

But right now, for the people of Arizona, this is not (from I gathered) this is not even an immigration issue. This is a public safety issue. And the fact is that Mexican drug violence has tragically crossed over the border and into an American state and American cities. So I congratulate them on taking steps to clarify even further the intent of the law.

JM: If you were in the Arizona state legislature, would you have voted for the law?

MR: The second one that passed hit the right note. Yes.
    Rubio also rejected the notion of a "path to citizenship" or "amnesty," despite "the human stories."

"There are going to be stories of very young kids that were brought to this country at a very young age who don’t even speak Spanish that are going to be sent back to Nicaragua or some other place. And it’s gonna feel weird and I understand that," he said, suggesting that those hardships would be a price worth paying.

Posted by Ben Smith 10:38 AM

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/ ... _line.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Human Events
    Exclusive: Rubio Clarifies Critique of Arizona Law by Jason Mattera
    05/06/2010

Florida GOP Senate candidate Marco Rubio got himself into hot water with conservatives when he argued that Arizona’s new illegal immigration law went “too farâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if he truly feels that way or is bending his message to conform to polls.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

His words about Illegal Immigration are exactly what most Americans feel.If you grant Amnesty you are just inviting another 20 million people here to wait for the next Amnesty.

I guess I will vote for Rubio but I am not totally convinced he won't flip flop once in Washington.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

He is out there calling out Charlie Crist for his "flip/ flopping ways" so I think that is why he took his time in coming out for supporting the bill.

At first he said he wanted closed borders but was not sure about the AZ law.

This time he is responding to the changes in the law that Gov Brewer made a few days after signing the law.

I think he is sincere. He attacks Crist all the time for his "phony ways" - ie. trying to have his cake and eat it too.

I don't think he is the same way. His wording on the amnesty question is very strong and concise. I think he really feels this way and means it!

Whatever. He came out against SB 1070 and got his ass chewed off and now he is for it.

Jeb Bush just endorsed him and that is all I need to know. Rubio is "one of them" and by them I mean the ones lying to Americans while supporting Amnesty.

W

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Whatever. He came out against SB 1070 and got his ass chewed off and now he is for it.

Jeb Bush just endorsed him and that is all I need to know. Rubio is "one of them" and by them I mean the ones lying to Americans while supporting Amnesty.

W
    So what do you suggest Floridians do W ?

Crist is for Amnesty,Meeks is for Amnesty & Rubio says he is not but there is a fear he will flip flop.

Should we just stay home in Nov. ?
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson