By KEVIN CIRILLI | 1/28/13 4:43 PM EST
politico.com

Limbaugh called the president's plan 'amnesty.' | AP Photo

Rush Limbaugh said Monday that it’s up to him and Fox News to stop amnesty for undocumented immigrants.

“I mean, thanks to Obama you have amnesty unless you get convicted of a major felony. So I don’t know that there’s any stopping this. It’s up to me and Fox News, and I don’t think Fox News is that invested in this. I don’t think there’s any Republican opposition to this of any majority consequence or size,” the conservative commentator said on his radio program, according to a show transcript.

He continued: “We’ll have to wait and see and find out. But this is one of those, just keep plugging away, plugging away, plugging away until you finally beat down the opposition.”

Earlier Monday, lawmakers in the Senate — including Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) and Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) — announced a bipartisan immigration plan that would overhaul the current system.

Limbaugh said that Republicans’ reaction to immigration is much like their reaction to former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, McCain’s 2008 running mate, in that they abandoned their principles after being knocked by the media.

“[Nobody’s] ever talked about deportation! Nobody’s ever advocated it. All the Republicans have advocated is fealty to the law. There’s a way to become a citizen, and why should certain people be exempted from it while the rest of the world is in line following the law? And so when they say that, the Democrats say, ‘See? They’re biased against Hispanics. See? They’re biased against Latinos,’” Limbaugh said, according to the transcript.

He continued: “The Republicans’ reaction is sort of what happened to Sarah Palin. The media destroyed her, so the Republicans said, ‘The only way out of this is to kick her out of the party. The only way that we can survive is for us to publicly distance ourselves from Sarah Palin.’ Rather than defend her, rather than do what they could to make the case that she was trying to make, just throw her overboard. Here with immigration they say, ‘Okay! All right!’”

Limbaugh said on his program that Rubio is scheduled to appear on his radio program Tuesday.

http://oneoldvet.com/

Rush Limbaugh calls on Fox to fight