Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Saudi Natl Charged w/Threatening to Blow Up Delta Flight

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/G/ ... TE=DEFAULT
    Jun 7, 4:38 PM EDT

Saudi national charged with threatening to blow up Delta flight

By HARRY R. WEBER
    Associated Press Writer

ATLANTA (AP) -- A Saudi national faces charges he threatened to blow up a Delta Air Lines flight because he was upset he was denied a job as an interpreter for U.S. military operations in Iraq.

A federal magistrate ordered Saleh Al Suwailem, 45, of Boise, Idaho, held by the U.S. Marshal's Service after a hearing Tuesday in Columbus.

He is charged with making a terroristic threat against an airplane, and he is due back in court June 13.

According to a criminal complaint, Al Suwailem was at Fort Benning on Monday, where he was going through the process to become an Arabic interpreter for a communications division that contracts to hire interpreters for operations in Iraq.

After he was told he would not be hired because he was denied security clearance and that he would have to fly home to Idado the next day on a Delta flight, he started drinking with some acquaintances, the complaint says.

"Okay, I'm going to bomb the plane," he blurted out, according to the complaint.

When he was questioned by Fort Benning officials about the remark, he said it was a joke and that he did not actually plan to bomb the flight.

The FBI was alerted and Al Suwailem was arrested.

In their request to have the defendant detained, the government argued that he poses a flight risk. The magistrate who ordered him held also described him as a security risk. The order did not say why.

Reached at his office Wednesday, Al Suwailem's lawyer, David Roberts, said, "I'm just not going to comment."

Another of those people w/a "Peaceful Religion".
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

There really seems to be some groups of people that need a little anger management training. There's not the used to be.....I'm so mad I could scream....or.....Put up your dukes........they all have to blow things up, cut peoples heads off, kill them.......
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)