Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

SC: Poultry Plant Workers Face Federal Charges

Poultry Plant Workers Face Federal Charges
    Supervisors Accused Of Falsifying Records

POSTED: 6:26 pm EDT June 19, 2008

GREENVILLE COUNTY, S.C. -- Five supervisors at a Greenville County poultry processing plant are accused of providing false documentation so they could be hired, despite being illegal immigrants.

Those supervisors at the Columbia Farms plant on Rutherford Road face federal charges after an investigation by immigration authorities.

The U.S. Attorney's Office says the arrests at the plant follow months of investigation by Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents.

This week, agents arrested Simon Gomez, Juan Rodriguez, Juan Suarez, Guadalupe Templos and Evaristo Vasquez. Investigators said they used false alien identification or bogus Social Security numbers on employment records.

They face charges of making a false statement to a federal agency, presenting false documents to a federal agency and aggravated identity theft.

The parent company of Columbia Farms is House of Raeford in Rose Hill, N.C. WYFF left a message for the company -- after getting instructions in English and Spanish -- but no one returned the call.

At Columbia Farms, workers cut chickens necks and process the poultry to get it ready for sale in stores. Despite the nature of the work, some jobseekers at the Workforce Center still hope to get on with Columbia Farms.

Jobseeker Ivy Kinard said, "I've actually called numerous times to see if they were hiring or anything. I've actually worked there before, so I'd love to go back."

But the center said Columbia Farms had no active job listings in Greenville County, which was a bit discouraging for Kinard.

"I've actually been out looking for a job all day, just really working hard at trying to get something," she said.

If convicted, the five supervisors face federal prison time and deportation.

In the meantime, federal authorities are continuing to investigate just who has been hired to work at the plant.

Kinard said, "I think that they should give the people in the United States first choice."
    http://www.wyff4.com/news/16658140/detail.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I should have known that there was some other reason if supervisors, in addition to workers, were actually arrested in one of these ICE sweeps at meatpacking plants - these five also were illegal aliens themselves! To my knowledge, not one supervisor, manager, and/or owner has been charged in any of the recent sweeps, from the Swift plants to the big operation at Agriprocessors in Pottsville, IA, although this new "enforcement" is certainly hollow if it does not include enforcing federal sanctions against those who hire illegal aliens as mandated by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA).
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Looks like a good article to fax to the congress members who co-sponsor the Save Act but haven't signed the Discharge Petition.

Five supervisors at a Greenville County poultry processing plant are accused of providing false documentation so they could be hired, despite being illegal immigrants.
    If the supervisors are illegal aliens one can assume so is the work force.
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Put Owners and Corporation Owner in JAIL for a year if caught with ILLEGALS!

South Carolina seems to be moving it on the illegals more than North Carolina?

If the supervisors are illegal aliens one can assume so is the work force.
    Not a far stretch.

This week, agents arrested Simon Gomez, Juan Rodriguez, Juan Suarez, Guadalupe Templos and Evaristo Vasquez. Investigators said they used false alien identification or bogus Social Security numbers on employment records.
    These are the supervisors? Five illegal aliens! I guess they in turn hired only Americans, right? (sarcasm)

I hope they go after the ones who hired THEM too! IMO, its obvious that anyone who hired these 5 on as supervisors knew that they werent legal. BOOK THEM TOO!

I bet that trial will be a big sham. I wonder if they will ask for "translators"?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn