Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2008 7:41 AM
    Subject: Re: Immigration Reform Bill S 392

The House conferees signed the conference committee report yesterday that removes the I-9 and requires E-verify for employers. The Senate members have not signed the report.

Garry R. Smith
    South Carolina House of Representatives
    District 27
    Greenville County
    www.garrysmith.org
    ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION= Breeding the American out of existence.

Mr Bush himself: "It is far too soon to judge a man with eight months left in office." 2008-05-24

THE HOUSE IS NOT DRAGGING IT FEET THE SENATE MAJORITY IS CHANGING THEIR MINDS.

Rep. Joe Mahaffey
    SC House District 36
    Rm. 414 A - Blatt Building
    Columbia, SC 29211
    803-734-3028
    mahaffeyj@scstatehouse.net

then vote on it

Bullseye,

Since it seems you are one of the representatives of the state house then get the bill to the house floor and vote on it as it stands. If the statehouse wants to prove a point that either houses are against this bill and not enforcing illegal immigration laws get it to a floor for a vote.

I find it hard to believe that State Senator Richie who helped to draft 392 would not sign r vote it down.

Get it to the floor and vote on it so the SC citizens can move forward and prevent our state from becoming a safe haven.

MGKLINE

Young and Simrill support E-Verify.
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

Re: then vote on it

Quote Originally Posted by mgkline
    Bullseye,

Since it seems you are one of the representatives of the state house then get the bill to the house floor and vote on it as it stands. If the statehouse wants to prove a point that either houses are against this bill and not enforcing illegal immigration laws get it to a floor for a vote.

I find it hard to believe that State Senator Richie who helped to draft 392 would not sign r vote it down.

Get it to the floor and vote on it so the SC citizens can move forward and prevent our state from becoming a safe haven.

MGKLINE
    This is the email reply I got from him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12