Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar

SC: Tax Fraud - 10 illegals bilked IRS out of $13 million

10 illegal aliens in S.C. admit to bilking IRS out of $13 million

By David Dykes • Staff writer • April 2, 2010

Comments (14) Recommend (1)

Ten people illegally in the United States pleaded guilty for their involvement in a four-year, $13 million fraud against the Internal Revenue Service, acting U.S. Attorney Kevin F. McDonald said Thursday.

Nine defendants pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit mail fraud and for entering the United States without authorization, Assistant U.S. Attorney David C. Stephens told The Greenville News .

The 10th defendant pleaded guilty to mail fraud and illegal entry, Stephens said. Senior U.S. District Judge G. Ross Anderson Jr. accepted the pleas and will sentence the defendants later.

“This is the largest tax fraud case that I’m aware of ever occurring in the district of South Carolina,â€

LMAO

Slap on the wrist and deported after 90 days, only to come back and start over.

Ok,well done guys. But in truth,it is another case that is TOO DAMN LATE. They already did the damage to the taxpayers of America. So now we have to support them in prisons. Wake up Washington!

You know this would be a great article to e-mail Obama. So I am going to do just that.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

South Carolina. Home of Senator Lindsey Amnesty Graham? Maybe someone ought to check his campaign contributors list for Hispanic Tax Preparers filing fraudulent tax returns for illegal aliens. That would at least explain his otherwise inexplicable position of supporting illegal aliens and amnesty. Might explain a few others too.

If we had the FairTax, there wouldn't be any tax preparers, there wouldn't be any income tax returns to file, there wouldn't be any income tax fraud filing false returns for illegal aliens. Illegal aliens would be paying FairTax without offset or rebate of any kind.

www.fairtax.org
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

DJ
    They have closed their eyes to this kind of fraud for years. Now, when American citizens are upset about our economy and the threat of going right over the cliff because of Obama's policies, we suddenly see that these fraud cases are finally being dealt with! Oh gee. I feel so much better now about Obama's reckless spending!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ
    They have closed their eyes to this kind of fraud for years. Now, when American citizens are upset about our economy and the threat of going right over the cliff because of Obama's policies, we suddenly see that these fraud cases are finally being dealt with! Oh gee. I feel so much better now about Obama's reckless spending!
    You know you are right, DJ, about the IRS closing its eyes to fraud. Several years ago I went to some meetings held by the IRS about offers to accept settlements on tax debts. They will forgive a very large portion----apparently rather frequently. There was one case where a woman was sobbing about how her husbands stock options had gone south, but they were saddled with huge liabilities on them, anyway. I know this happens. But later I thought "This woman thinks her life is tough, but in five years they may be on top of the world again. Who knows." To close the story, the IRS rep. did promise her some relief.

But a lot of people who end up owing the IRS really have engaged in some profitable businesses---and nobody said they had to do it. And a lot of them expect, in one way or another to get off the hook. It just is not fair to others who are honest. I've seen a lot of the people I work with ---in construction----go on, year after year, dodging a lot of tax liability. And the IRS doesn't even think of challenging them for it. Who knew it would ever be like this? I'm sure the Obama's know a lot of them. Everywhere you look there is corruption. Just look at my sign-off below; it was true back then, too.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

So where is the money they stole ?

Probably waiting in Mexico for them when they do their minum time and are deported where they will live happily ever after on hard working US taxpayer money.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

DJ
    I think the government has known about these scams with illegals for a long time. They have not hit the issue head on because they don't want to add fuel to the fire of those who are opposed to amnesty! It is only when we are in such dire straits that they will start to go after anyone in any circumstance who can add to the coffers!

When all the scary news was coming out about AIG, my husband and I cashed out our insurance policy we had with them and put the money in CDs with a bank. NOW the IRS has sent us an audit for 2008. They are going back to get money from anyone they can. It's very stressful since we really do try to do things honestly. With Obama's addition of 17,000 IRS agents, I believe we all have a lot to fear in the future.

[quote]Agents estimate at least 20 people were involved in operating the scheme in which tax preparers knowingly claimed tax credits or deductions to which filers weren’t entitled, McDonald said.

One tax credit improperly claimed on a majority of the false returns was for child care expenses, prosecutors said. The credit can result in a refund even if no taxes were paid, prosecutors said.

Of the 10 people pleading guilty Thursday, nine were “runnersâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

All will be deported after completing their sentences, prosecutors said.
    Big deal. Being deported is a game to them - they dont care. I bet the majority of them have already been deported before.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast