Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Schock visits constituents

Schock visits constituents
    myjournalcourier.com
    August 25, 2011 6:00 AM
    CODY BOZARTH

Partisan politics weren’t forgotten, but entitlement reform was the hottest of topics for a capacity crowd that turned out Wednesday to meet with Congressman Aaron Schock.

More than a hundred people gathered Wednesday at Grandma Rudi’s restaurant in Jacksonville IL to listen to the Republican legislator weigh in on federal issues and answer a few questions.

A common theme was a need to reform entitlements to manage the nation’s ever-increasing debt.

Pointing to Social Security, Medicaid and Medicare as the main programs, Schock said that, according to current trends, by 2014 the cost to pay for such programs would surpass federal income.

“Given the financial situation in this county we have to fundamentally change the major drivers of our debt or we’re never going to fix this problem,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

A common theme was a need to reform entitlements to manage the nation’s ever-increasing debt.

Pointing to Social Security, Medicaid and Medicare as the main programs, Schock said that, according to current trends, by 2014 the cost to pay for such programs would surpass federal income.
    When I was a kid, you didn't get a free lunch on the government, you brought a brown bag from home.

Welfare has gotten ridiculous. When someone can stand around at the welfare office and can't speak any English, yap on a $200 cell phone, wearing $100 pair of shoes, with $300 worth of fake nails and hair then the system is over benefiting people.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie

When I was a kid, you didn't get a free lunch on the government, you brought a brown bag from home.

Welfare has gotten ridiculous. When someone can stand around at the welfare office and can't speak any English, yap on a $200 cell phone, wearing $100 pair of shoes, with $300 worth of fake nails and hair then the system is over benefiting people.

Dixie
    You are so right on Dixie!

Recall taking my lunch to school too and often in a brown bag, most kids did that. If I worked in the cafeteria (which parents paid for those meals) I got cafeteria food which was a treat....I earned it!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn