Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner
    Their aides and secretarys take down the message in shorthand. I LOVE hearing their BORED, disinterested voices when they're hearing from their REAL bosses.
    RR
    Well, exactly. Ya know...it is quite possible that our politicians pay very little attention AT ALL to our antiquated belief in government OF, BY, and FOR the people. LOL Maybe their phone and fax numbers are just a "placebo" to placate those of us that still want to have a hand in our government! We could fax and phone all year long and it'd all end up in the Circular File while our politicians do whatever they want anyways! "Sorry, Joe Citizen, didn't get that message! Btter luck next time."
    HE!D! A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares about more than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by men better than himself. ~J.S. Mills

One would think that with 90% of the citizens demanding that the border be closed...that's CLOSED...that no senator or congressman would need to be called, faxed, emailed. Our wishes are abundantly CLEAR...as Nixon used to say.

I'm flabberghasted that we're even needing to have these conversations.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    RoadRunner.......

re: nurses
    last year or the year before we SENT HOME a class of IRISH NURSING STUDENTS refusing them green cards to work here!!!

"we have too many nurses" was the reason. IRISH - ANGLO - LEGALS

spit--------spittooey on you liers & cheats
    As an RN who graduated in 93, I can tell you that there are plenty of nurses out there. There are 5 nurses in my family alone and one in school. Hospital administrators use all kinds of cost cutting methods to keep you OUT.

You are supposed to want to work where staffing is dangerously low. You are supposed to want to work for 36 hours (short of FT 40) without benefits. You are supposed to want to work mandatory overtime (still without benefits).

So they take a cafeteria worker, put them in scrubs, put an "N" in their title for patient comfort, and have them do seemingly simple, but very important tasks in patient care.

Its all about the money. Importing "nurses" from S. America or wherever is cheaper. Perhaps our Irish sisters wanted real wages.

Pay them and they will come. See yet again, by importing illegals, the employer pays less, the taxpayer pays the benefits and there is an unreasonable amount of profit for the CEOs.

Just more of the same.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner
    One would think that with 90% of the citizens demanding that the border be closed...that's CLOSED...that no senator or congressman would need to be called, faxed, emailed. Our wishes are abundantly CLEAR...as Nixon used to say.

I'm flabberghasted that we're even needing to have these conversations.

RR
    RR, I had a rant on this EXACT subject the other day on my own blog. This is NOT what our forefathers envisioned as government OF, BY, and FOR the people! That's AMERICAN people - not Mexicans, Cubans, or any other nationality! Why do our politicans cater to everyone else but US?!
    HE!D! A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares about more than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by men better than himself. ~J.S. Mills

Why do our politicans cater to everyone else but US?!
    To my mind, this all started in the 70's with Political Correctness. I was totally shocked when I came home from foreign living to find that anyone who addressed any subject with common sense or honesty was castigated publicly. It was all political doublespeak.

Even more amazing, people ACCEPTED that!! So here we are today...we've allowed the camel's nose in the tent...and now he's about to take over the tent. We've allowed mere words to deter us from speaking our minds, demanding our rights. We've handed over our power to the liberals (mindless persons every one) who simper and whine if the law isn't selectively enforced. (Throw that honest person in jail, fine him, shut him up---Look at what happened to Sgt. Haab).

We sat back, silent, as we allowed ourselves to be ruled by the minority, not the majority.

We'll have to fight like the devil to get our power back. But we can, and we will. We need to start by shocking our elected representatives when we elect others to replace them. We need to demand that congress actually make a showing on bills before them, rather than the continuing wrangling and ceaseless debating. We need to get enough funds together to sue...suits get a lot of attention...even if you lose.

I mean, they could meet on a weekend in the case of Terry Shiavo...but they can't, after years of wrangling and 'studies' put men on the border. Sheesh

Just my thoughts.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

RoadRunner
    We need to demand that congress actually make a showing on bills before them, rather than the continuing wrangling and ceaseless debating. We need to get enough funds together to sue...suits get a lot of attention...even if you lose.
    I just mentioned this the other night....why couldn't we have a class action lawsuit against the government for NOT PROTECTING our borders, our people etc. Shucks, HOMELAND SECURITY anyone? youuu hooo guys. 9/11 you morons??

If illegals & terrorists can sue the US why can't we?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

DON'T FORGET... PLEASE....

You can also print some of the polls, write a short letter asking them to represent the United States, and honor the indications of the polls!

We gotta try for a National Refendum on Immigration. Do that and we could freeze the idiots for a long, long time.

I believe we need national referendums on more than one thing...but immigration is certainly a start.

OK, where are the attorneys that would like to file such a suit? I didn't think we could sue the government...?? ACLJ??

RR

Okey Dokey......

LANDMARK LEGAL, DC
    Perhaps they might be able to lead us in the right direction IF it's even a viable option. They should at least be able to tell us that much.

The other thing that just might be workable is to consider lawsuits with individual states {if that's even possible}

***my thoughts have always been simple.......ILLEGAL as in BREAKING THE LAWS of the USA.

I'll speak with my husband tonight to get his thoughts on it. He's spoken to them once or twice for another group with a limited amount of success.

??Any Lawyers here?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by shaw
    We gotta try for a National Refendum on Immigration. Do that and we could freeze the idiots for a long, long time.
    Absolutely, a grassroots drive for a National Referendum on Immigration! I was "preaching" this to a group of PTA moms the other day, and surprisingly, their eyes didn't glaze over! Honestly I thought they'd roll their eyes at me and move on to other more relevant subjects. It's astonishing how deep the feelings run on this issue - and it affects EVERYONE. Those PTA moms, which I erroneously thought I had nothing in common with, were vocal and passionate about stopping this illegal flood swamping our nation. A cross-country effort for a national referendum would rapidly gain momentum, I'm sure of it.

Where/how do we start?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12