Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senate to consider bill to slow illegal immigration from MX

Link

Senate to consider bill to slow illegal immigration from Mexico
    BY PABLO BACHELET
    Knight Ridder Newspapers

WASHINGTON - (KRT) - Sen. Richard Lugar, the influential Indiana Republican who heads the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, has introduced a bill that seeks to change the way the United States, Mexico and Central America cooperate to stem the flow of illegal immigration on the southern border.

The bill, which was quietly presented this week, aims to improve procedures to exchange security information, get the militaries from Mexico and the United States to talk more and sets up a database to track the movement of members of Central American gangs.

It also would require U.S. government agencies to "develop a strategy" to stop foreigners from using Mexico as a transit corridor to enter the United States.

Rep. Katherine Harris, a Florida Republican with close contacts with the White House, has agreed to sponsor companion legislation on the House side, according to her office.

The bill takes into account the views of Canadian, Mexican and Central American authorities, as well as the Department of State, although the White House has not specifically endorsed the proposal, said a staffer with Lugar's office who spoke on condition of anonymity.

Lugar's proposal is broader than President Bush's own proposal to bolster security on the Mexican-U.S. border because it incorporates the Central Americans and tackles the touchy subject of relations between the military forces of Mexico and the United States, the staffer said.

The Mexicans have been reluctant to get their security forces more involved in immigration issues, although under President Vicente Fox the Mexican military has tried to crack down on drug trafficking along the border.

Lugar said in an accompanying statement that Canada, the United States and Mexico were "inextricably intertwined."
    "This country has lost control of its borders. And no country can sustain that kind of position." .... Ronald Reagan

This is smells and it's a SMOKE SCREEN

The bill, which was quietly presented this week, aims to improve procedures to exchange security information, get the militaries from Mexico and the United States to talk more and sets up a database to track the movement of members of Central American gangs.

It also would require U.S. government agencies to "develop a strategy" to stop foreigners from using Mexico as a transit corridor to enter the United States.

The bill takes into account the views of Canadian, Mexican and Central American authorities, as well as the Department of State, although the White House has not specifically endorsed the proposal, said a staffer with Lugar's office who spoke on condition of anonymity.
    1. Notice CENTRAL AMERICA & CANADA===CAFTA
    2. they're going to TALK now isn't that something new
    I do NOT like our MILITARY linked to Mexico's military in any way, shape or form.
    3. Dept. of State can not be trusted

this SMELLS
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Don't you love that? More talk! Talking with 'authorities' yet! They need to get down in the trenches and talk to their constituents.

This is so simple. That's why they can't see the solution.
    ENFORCE THE LAWS!
    READ OUR CONSTITUTION!

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

RR

They KNOW THE LAWS - that's not the issue

Their MO is to keep shooting buckshot at us. They DO NOT want to enforce any laws unless it's to put an American in jail!!

No-----better yet-----------HANDCUFF 5 YEAR OLDS!!!!
    But no way would they handcuff an ILLEGAL for being ILLEGAL!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

senate wants to slow immigration

Why, why, why, do these government nitwits keep bringing out bill after bill after bill after bill to 'control' illegal immigration, when they couldn't even tie their own shoes!? A bunch of monkeys could do a better job by putting up gates and making sure our laws were enforced.
    No one even has their act together. One state wants illegal immmigrants to have in -state tuitions, another doesn't; one state wants to give out driving licenses to illegals, another doesn't; one state wants to give out a bunch of freebies to illegals, other states want to curb freebies.
    Mega Giants like Walmart, Sears, Home Depot, and Lowes, to name a few, have the audacity to ignore laws specifically aimed at hiring illegal aliens because they know that our government will choose to turn a blind eye.
    So it's all bla-bla-bla AGAIN. We are being played, AGAIN. It makes me sick!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I could smell this before I opened it.

The first thing that should be done is to make being in the US illegally a criminal offense. Then enforce our laws. Crack down on employers.
    Some troops on the border.

Doesn't hurt to dream once in a while.
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!

BUTTERBEAN wrote:
    Why, why, why, do these government nitwits keep bringing out bill after bill after bill after bill to 'control' illegal immigration, when they couldn't even tie their own shoes!?
    BB, I've stopped asking "why" because we already know and understand the answer.

Throwing multitudes of "legislation" in every possible direction is a very good tool to use on the public.
    1. It sucks up time
    2. It drains energy from us in trying to "keep up"
    3. throw enough macaroni on the wall and some will stick........
    SOMETHING WILL GET THROUGH and it will be next to impossible to change it.
    4. By keeping us busy on the "unimportant" they will be able to craft & implement seriously damaging legislation!! CAFTA/FTAA anyone?
    5. CONFUSION

We must focus on several priorities instead of going crazy. Individual states need to be a front line and CAFTA/FTAA must be stopped before it gets a head of steam up.

We can use "NUMBERSUSA" and the like to help with the federal legislation but the "states" will take individual time.

This is just my opinion but I'm sensing that one of the criteria we should be focusing on when communicating with reps is the RULE OF LAW. Morality etc. is useless as they are not moral people.

DATAMAN is right! We need to discuss this, imo, and see how & if we can get this accomplished.
    The first thing that should be done is to make being in the US illegally a criminal offense.

They KNOW THE LAWS - that's not the issue
    The laws are very definitely the issue. It's a felony to hire an illegal alien. If ONLY that law were enforced to the limit then most of this other 'stuff' would disappear.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

2ndamendsis,

I smell a rat also, my stomach turns when I read some of these articles.

I have been writing, calling, faxing the people in Washington for years, only to get back a form letter that never ever mentions illegal aliens or anything close to it.

It's like banging your head against a wall.

We must focus on several priorities instead of going crazy. Individual states need to be a front line and CAFTA/FTAA must be stopped before it gets a head of steam up.
    I agree with this whole heartily....

This and illegal immigration go hand in hand.

BUTTERBEAN, what I meant was that "the LAWS are not the issue with the politicos." Sorry if I wasn't clear there.

They have blatantly IGNORED the rule of law when it suits them and get away with it. That's why I said we should be using the RULE OF LAW as part of our debate/argument with them.

We've all noticed how the existing laws are ignored and NEW LAWS are enacted to "counteract" a given problem. Gun laws are a very good example. They pile up the laws like firewood and confuse the public. Then claim that we need yet more laws because the existing laws "don't work" or need to be "tweaked." WHEN THE PROBLEM IS THAT EXISTING LAWS ARE NOT BEING USED!!!!