Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sheriff Joe Arpaio launches 16th immigration sweep in desert

Joe Arpaio launches 16th immigration sweep in desert

by Laurie Merrill - Jul. 16, 2010 12:00 AM
    The Arizona Republic

In a stretch of barren desert alongside Interstate 8 near Gila Bend that has become a corridor for human and drug smuggling, Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio and about 100 men staged a crime-suppression operation Thursday.

Arpaio brought with him a belt-fed .50-caliber machine gun that can shoot accurately up to a mile as a display of the kind of force he would use if anyone hurts a deputy.

"I am trying to send a message to Mexico," he said. "We will not take anyone hurting our deputies. We will fight back."

Photos

The 7-year-old gun has not yet been used, Arpaio said. "It is more for defense." Nor have any of his deputies yet been harmed in a border scuffle.

"We have been very lucky," he said.

The sheriff said criminals smuggling drugs and immigrants across the border are now carrying AK-47s along the swath of desert that is seldom patrolled. The Barry M. Goldwater Range is used for shooting and cannot be patrolled without permission from the United States Air Force. That gives smugglers an easy path for entry, Arpaio said.

Often smugglers cut through Vekol Valley east of Gila Bend, then come north to vehicles waiting on Interstate 8, he said. Those usually head to Phoenix on back roads.

The volunteers and paid deputies arrived in about 20 vehicles to stage the first-ever suppression operation in the desert.

By 8 p.m. Thursday, the deputies had made two arrests at traffic stops, but those were outside their staging area. One was nabbed for a criminal traffic violation, and the other had a warrant for a criminal traffic violation.

Arpaio's group planned to stay until 2 a.m. today. He said the timing of the suppression was not connected to Thursday's hearing challenging Senate Bill 1070, Arizona's immigration law that makes it a state crime to be in the country illegally. It requires officers engaged in a stop, detention or arrest to, when practicable, ask about a person's legal status when reasonable suspicion exists that the person is in the U.S. illegally.

The law goes into effect July 29, which is when Arpaio's 17th crime-suppression operation is scheduled. Arpaio said the operation will go on even if the law is struck down.

Click on link below to see videos.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/ ... z0trMyZqTQ
    "Where is our democracy if the federal government can break the laws written and enacted by our congress on behalf of the people?"

I watched a show on television this past week and it was on the prison there in Arizona that the Sherriff runs. Amazingly they did not talk much on illegals being there but mostly about the hardened criminals they have.

And as far as the tent city,the program went on to say, they also have the chance of requesting to be indoors instead and out of the heat of the day.

Also you really notice many of the Sherriff's officers are of Hispanic origin as are the prison guards. So what is all the fuss from the pro-illegals groups. They were all treated the same.

They did mention that the Mexican Mafia controls the Hispanics in that prison. And an increasing number of White Supremacist moving into the Arizona areas. So tell me what the difference is between the two groups? They both feel they are the better. As they showed Hispanics with Brown Power tattoed on their heads and body.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Unoccupied Southeast Georgia But Not For Much Longer
    Here come the lawsuits from pro open borders terrorist groups as LaRaza Al Qaeda, LULAC Taliban, PRLDEF Hamas and MALDEF Hezbollah who demand that law enforcement not be allowed to defend themselves, and those who do when confronted by armed smugglers or zetas are racists......Go Sheriff Joe!!!! You and our absolutely wonderful military are one of the few good things remaining in this soon to be lawless third world banana republic like those from where illegal aliens have fled except for one difference; we have nuclear weapons.
    There is no freedom without the law. Remember our veterans whose sacrifices allow us to live in freedom.