View Poll Results: Arresting the employers of illegal aliens would be:

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • More effective than arresting illegal aliens.

12 92.31%
  • Less effective than arresting illegal aliens.

1 7.69%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Shut down the employers first.

Get the horse before the cart:

Shut down the employers before you arrest the migrants.

Track the migrants to where they are getting their jobs.

Re: Shut down the employers first.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBowery
    Get the horse before the cart:

Shut down the employers before you arrest the migrants.

Track the migrants to where they are getting their jobs.
    The GOP is indirectly sponsoring the "UNDERGROUND ECONOMY" by allowing the hiring of illegal migrants and allowing the employers of them to go unpunished.

The recent fines for WalMart and Tyson were pure eyewash.
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Welcome Jim:

Once again, I repeat. Going after employers alone will not work and neither will adding security to our border alone.

We need to go after employers, secure our borders, remove incentives/rewards for illegals, and yes arrest illegal aliens.

It's like building a chair. It won't work without all four legs.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The horse before the cart.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Welcome Jim:

Once again, I repeat. Going after employers alone will not work and neither will adding security to our border alone.

W
    The point I'm making is a bit more subtle.

We need some illegal aliens to track so we can find their employers from this side of the border to arrest them and/or shut them down.

The question is not whether it is more important to shut down the migration routes or to shut down the employers, but how best to accomplish both.

PS: There is also a lot of hostility to the Minutemen due to the perception that they are "racist" (never mind our own blacks and Hispanics) or "victimizing the poor" (never mind our own poor). This reordering of Minutemen actions defuses that political weapon.

We do not have the luxery of fighting on just one or two fronts. We have to fight on many fronts at the same time and to accomplish any reform or improvement we have to go after elected officials.

First we try to pursuade the officials and then when the elections come we must elect and unelect politicians.

That is the way Americans do business. We need to do business that way while a political correction is still possible.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Welcome Jim:

We need to go after employers, secure our borders, remove incentives/rewards for illegals, and yes arrest illegal aliens.

It's like building a chair. It won't work without all four legs.

W
    I agree to a point. Actually, I see the whole underground illegal economy as that chair. Yes, cutting a leg off of that chair (be it secure border, or crackdown on employers, or arresting and deporting illegals), does not "solve" the problem, in of itself. However, each leg you can cut off of that chair, makes it all the harder for that chair to work smoothly.

One of the biggest legs of that chair (if not THE biggest), is the illegal employment of illegals, and being able to do that with impunity.

I find the task of attacking the employment backers of illegals as the hardest task. This is mostly due to the HUGE amount of money to be made in this slave labor force, and the amount of money these businesses are willing to pay to keep this slave labor.

Just my $0.02 (USD) worth.

H.

YES!

I want to point out the Hispanic Lobby Groups, and I believe there are over 23.. have a lot of money and they are at it all the time. Now where or where did they get all that money? Mexico sends their greatings with a check book!
    ----------------------------------

We say nail the employers.. they say.. do you want to pay those prices? If not that, they are thinking hard, and it will be something else. I would agree that stopping the employers would be a good first step to the solutions. SO...

1. Stop the amnesty

2. Ask... demand... legeslation that does a good job of deterring employers who do not want to go to Mexico to hire illegal aliens.

3. ?

=======================

I strongly feel that we will get it all done and tidy, and one to the next, someone will sneak a bill through Congress that will allow everything to go to hell.

And economists want that open border. If the United States continues to grow, bad management can go on forever. If we close the door, we will have to manage the United States or find some one who can. And that does mean we will wind up sacrificing. O.K.... and I would point out that would also maintain cultural harmony. We won't have illegal aliens telling us we are racists everytime we move. Maybe also, we won't have to learn Spanish to get a job. YETH!

SO... I am pulling for the third goal up there. I would like to see a national referendum on immigration. A National Vote.. which cannot be diddled with by lobby groups... that says Bring everyone in.... or.... close the borders.

I have posts up in half the forums of the world pointing out the United States is short of power.. short of water.. short of room... deminishing water tables.. traffic jams that start at 4 AM and run until after 10 PM. The road between Cheyenne and Denver is bumper to bumper constantly.

I want to close the border... the above is why. I will bring a Jan Herron that also talks about it... more class too.

Re: Shut down the employers first

There are plenty of NC employers who would take a hit but not many would close completely down. Someone working there has to be legal or they couldn't be in business.
    Perhaps an idea might be to get the legal employees (Americans) to blow the whistle on their employers. The only reason they are not doing so now is fear. Fear from co-workers and fear of losing their jobs.
    It seems that most people think agriculture and building contractors are the only businesses hiring illegal immigrants.
    What about the many sewing plants in NC who are full of illegals? Even if they do not have a NCDL or a NCID, they are in possession of Social Security Cards. Those businesses are computerized so it seems to me that it should be pretty easy for our government to check these types of businesses -- if they wanted to.
    Americans need to be aware that illegal immigrants are working in every venue they can get a job in. A good beginning would be to go to the employers, check out their employees and take action. Sitting around saying "nothing can be done" is bologna.

Welcome Good12me

Wink Wink

W

Indiana taxpayers actually fund the Indiana Commission on Hispanic/Latino affairs to the tune of $125,000 per year! Guess what they spend most of their time doing? Finding ways to help illegals get driver's licenses, in-state tuition rates, translators, etc.

I want our state to use several federal programs that already exist. They are either free or very low cost. One is Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements (SAVE) to make sure that illegals don't get federal, state or local benefits to which they aren't entitled. The run the applicants through the SSA and DHS databases.

Then there's the Basic Pilot Program where employers have to run new-hires through the database to make sure people are legally authorized to work.

These programs would stop them from getting benefits or jobs and encourage self-deportation.

There is also a toll free number to verify that a SSN matches the person using it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast