Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Singing sensation drops F-bomb on Bush

[Poster note: I haven't seen this one posted yet, so here goes - sorry if it proves to be a dupe...]

TROUBLESPEAK
    Singing sensation drops F-bomb on Bush
    Pop star Lily Allen unloads on president after U.S. revokes her work visa
    Posted: August 20, 2007
    4:22 a.m. Eastern

By Joe Kovacs
    © 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

Lily Allen

British pop sensation Lily Allen, who appeared on NBC's "Saturday Night Live" earlier this year, reportedly dropped the F-bomb on President George Bush in the wake of her U.S. visa being revoked.

According to the Daily Mail, Allen described America's 43rd president as a "f------ c---" during her performance Saturday at Britain's V Festival in Staffordshire, England.

The obscene comment came in the wake of troubles Allen has had with U.S. immigration officials who recently revoked her work visa, prompting the postponement of her upcoming American concert tour, and putting in doubt her slated performance on MTV's Video Music Awards Sept. 9 in Las Vegas.

The 22-year-old singer, best known for her single "Smile," has been nominated for Best New Artist.

While introducing her song "Everything Is Wonderful" over the weekend, Allen said, "This next one is about people who are awkward on the train, U.S. immigration officials and George Bush in general."

Published reports indicate Allen had been detained and questioned for five hours at Los Angeles International Airport when she arrived from Australia on Aug. 6.

(Story continues below)

She apparently had been cautioned by police following a clash with a photographer in London in March.

Allen is said to have been locked in a cell for five hours and strip-searched before having her visa confiscated, and was reportedly ordered to take blood and urine tests in her bid to overturn the decision by U.S. officials.

Allen said in a statement on her website: "I am so disappointed that I won't be able to come to the States at this time. I was really looking forward to playing these shows and being part of the Video Music Awards. I want my fans to know that I'll be back as soon as I possibly can!"

Allen's verbal blast at Bush is reminiscent of anti-war remarks in 2003 by the American band the Dixie Chicks.

Dixie Chicks on Entertainment Weekly cover in spring 2003

The country trio became embroiled in controversy after singer Natalie Maines – a Texan – told a crowd of London concertgoers, "Just so you know, we're ashamed the president of the United States is from Texas."

Sales of their No. 1 album "Home" immediately dropped, and some radio stations yanked the group from playlists.

Maines later apologized for the remark, but then took her apology back.

As WND reported, the Dixie Chicks got backing from rock legend Bruce Springsteen, who said the Chicks were getting a "raw deal."

Perhaps best known for his "Born in the USA" anthem, the singer/guitarist nicknamed "the Boss" posted a message on his website unequivocally expressing support for the group:

The Dixie Chicks have taken a big hit lately for exercising their basic right to express themselves. To me, they're terrific American artists expressing American values by using their American right to free speech. For them to be banished wholesale from radio stations, and even entire radio networks, for speaking out is un-American.

The pressure coming from the government and big business to enforce conformity of thought concerning the war and politics goes against everything that this country is about – namely freedom. Right now, we are supposedly fighting to create freedom in Iraq, at the same time that some are trying to intimidate and punish people for using that same freedom here at home.

I don't know what happens next, but I do want to add my voice to those who think that the Dixie Chicks are getting a raw deal, and an un-American one to boot. I send them my support.

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=57236
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Lily Allen - "Smile" Video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZyTOROlo9E

Not a very nice video.

She is depicted as hiring thugs to burglarize her boyfriends apartment to destroy all of his belongings including his records to destroy his livelihood as a DJ.

She also poisons him in the video which is a felony even in the UK.

Not a very nice video at all.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Allen said in a statement on her website: "I am so disappointed that I won't be able to come to the States at this time. I was really looking forward to playing these shows and being part of the Video Music Awards
    ...it's all about the money. She's pissed off that she won't be making big bucks by engaging in her tour. Too f-ing bad (hey, she said it first!), sweetie!

Ok, let's ask the obvious questions which might be lurking...

Can she read music?
    Had a course in music theory?
    'Best new artist'. yah, no. I don't think so. No takers here.

It's frightening to see what happens to university trained music professionals (I have one in my family) vs. the ease with which some people with the right connections and a suitable face can 'make it' in the music field. (all IMHO, of course).

Ms. Allen, please, just stay home and 'smile'.

Allen said in a statement on her website: "I am so disappointed that I won't be able to come to the States at this time. I was really looking forward to playing these shows and being part of the Video Music Awards.

TRANSLATED: I am so disappointed that I won't be able to come to the States at this time, because Im broke and need you to give me more of your money!
    ( STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT EMPLOYMENT - BOYCOTT FIELDALE FARMS, PILGRIMS PRIDE & TYSON POULTRY )