Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

http://www.kfyi.com/pages/local_news.ht ... le=1709219

An Army Ranger stabbed in his front yard

An account has been set up to help the family at the Southwest Healthcare Credit Union at 16th street and Thomas.

A decorated Arizona veteran back from Iraq is fighting for his life. His injuries are not from war, but allegedly at the hands of a neighbor.

Army Ranger Jason Okon was stabbed in his front yard Feb. 2.

In a news conference Tuesday, Elizabeth Okon said she saw her husband get stabbed. She said the suspect, Armando Lozano, lives down the street from them.

Okon said Lozano was standing by the couple's front yard and she asked her husband to see if the man needed help. "The man lifted up a knife and proceeded through a metal gate that’s in my brick wall, coming onto my property," Okon said. "My husband had said, 'Please don't come into my yard,' and the guy said something in Spanish, I don't know what it was or what it sounded like, and he ran up to my husband within a split second and stabbed him one time and then took off down the street running."

Okon was stabbed in the liver and is listed in stable condition at Banner Good Samaritan Hospital.

Lozano is being held on four counts of aggravated assault.Elizabeth Okon said the police investigators told her it was a hate crime because of the comments the suspect made during the arrest process.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

http://abc15.com/news/index.asp?did=33295

..............Martinez-Lozano is in police custody on 4 counts of aggravated assault and a hate crime.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Charlesoakisland
    we need to see if we can get an up date on how this great young man is doing.
    Haven't found anything recent but here is some more information at these links.

Please see this blog. Jason is on a vent due to liver damage. This is too sad.
    http://mfvov.com/blog/?p=212

Just found another article:
    http://community.myfoxphoenix.com/blogs ... _From_Iraq

Bronze Star Decorated Soldier Stabbed After Return From Iraq By Illegal Alien

PHOENIX -- A Valley soldier is fighting for his life after he was stabbed 11 days ago in his front yard. Jason Okon is a three-year Army veteran who recently returned from Iraq, where he was awarded a Bronze Star for valor. He planned to get a full-time job when he returned, and eventually attend Arizona State University. When he couldn't find work, he and his wife decided to move to Wisconsin.

Okon's wife, Elizabeth, said her husband was doing some yard work the day before they were scheduled to move to Wisconsin.

Elizabeth Okon said a man, later identified as 34-year-old Armando Martinez-Lozano, approached Okon with a knife and said something to him in Spanish. She said her husband told Martinez-Lozano to leave, and the other man stabbed Okon in the stomach and ran away.

KTAR reported that Martinez-Lozano lived within a block of the Okons' home, near 54th Avenue and Camelback Road.

Elizabeth Okon called 911 and her husband was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital, where he remains in the intensive care unit. He is comatose and on a ventilator, but his wife said Okon is in stable condition.

Martinez-Lozano was arrested by police and jailed on charges of aggravated assault against Okon and the three officers who arrested him.

Police said Martinez-Lozano is an illegal immigrant and the Immigration and Naturalization Service has placed a hold on him.

Okon's family and friends said they think the stabbing was a hate crime because Okon is a decorated soldier. His wife said he often wore his camouflage around town and in their yard.

"This is domestic terrorism in its rawest form," family friend Albert Fernandez said.

Police have not labeled the stabbing a hate crime.

An account has been set up at Southwest Healthcare Credit Union to help the Okon family. Elizabeth Okon is pregnant and the Okons have two daughters, ages 2 and a-half years and 8 months old, and sold almost all of their possessions in anticipation of their move to Wisconsin. Elizabeth Okon and the children have been staying with a neighbor.

http://channellingchloe.blogsome.com/

This is Jason Okon.

He’s an Army combat engineer, just back from Iraq, where he received a Bronze Star for valor. He is the husband of Elizabeth and the father of two girls, ages 2 and a half years and 8 months old, and their third child is on the way. He and his family were within days of moving to Wisconsin in search of better opportunities.

But now he’s on life support in a medically induced coma with a lacerated liver after being stabbed by a neighbor.

There are politics involved here that I’m just too tired to get into. Yes, the neighbor is illegal. Some say it’s a hate crime. If you want to debate the politics of this, take it to the comments on this article. I’m sick of talking about how things should be when no one in Washington is listening. We can all shout into our echo chamber for so long before we get sick of the sound of our own voices and the fact that no one else is listening.

Do you want to do something? Do you want to say something to people who are waiting to hear the voices of Americans?

Elizabeth and Jason Okon need us right now.
    They need to be reminded of the people they gave up so much for when he was deployed. They need to know there are people they don’t even know who are pulling for them. They need the backing of this country more than ever right now.

Here is a man who deployed to Iraq and served his country honorably. The Army doesn’t give out the Bronze Star just because he always had his boot-laces tied.

Here is family who watched their savings dwindle when Jason got back from the war and couldn’t find work. They sold or gave everything away to make the move.

And then this happened. The family needs financial support and even things like diapers and kid’s clothes. There are two ways you can help if you can:

The Maryvale District Headquarters for Phoenix Police is collecting things like diapers and donations to help out the family. For more information, call the department at 602-495-5008.

Also, an account has been set up at the Southwest Healthcare Credit Union:

Southwest Healthcare Credit Union
    1640 W. Thomas
    Phoenix AZ 85015-6105 Phone: 602-274-7592
    Acc # 22526
    Jason and/or Elizabeth Okon

But this is even easier.

How about a few bucks for a get well card and a stamp? Throw in a few kind words to thank a soldier and his wife for their sacrifices and let them know you’re praying for them/thinking of them now.

I found this on the web page of the hospital where Jason is healing:

Mail

Letters and packages will be delivered to your room by a hospital volunteer. Please address mail to:
    Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center
    1111 E. McDowell Road
    Phoenix, AZ 85006
    and state that the recipient is a patient at Banner Good Samaritan.

Please consider sending a letter or a card. Take the info about where to send cards and put it in your blog. Or even link to this post and tell your readers this: If you post something in my comments for them, I’ll spring for the stamp(s) myself and print them and mail them for you. Post enough stuff in the comments (more then 10) and I’ll take them to the hospital myself.

No, I don’t know them. But I know a handful of guys who came back from the Sandbox who are just trying to get on with life as the Okons were.

I just want to help show this family there’s still a grateful nation out there who supports them.

~~~~~~~~~

http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/stor ... b43b8.html

Soldier stabbed by neighbor

12:16 PM Mountain Standard Time on Tuesday, February 13, 2007

By 3TV

Kim Martinez reports

A decorated Arizona veteran back from Iraq is fighting for his life. His injuries are not from war, but allegedly at the hands of a neighbor.

Army Spc. Jason Okon was stabbed in his front yard Feb. 2.

In a news conference Tuesday, Elizabeth Okon said she saw her husband get stabbed. She said the suspect, Armando Martinez, lives down the street from them.

Okon said Martinez was standing by the couple's front yard and she asked her husband to see what the man wanted.

"The man lifted up a knife and proceeded through a metal gate that’s in my brick wall, coming onto my property," Okon said. "My husband had said, 'Please don't come into my yard,' and the guy said something in Spanish, I don't know what it was or what it sounded like, and he ran up to my husband within a split second and stabbed him one time and then took off down the street running."

Okon was stabbed in the liver and is listed in stable condition at Banner Good Samaritan Hospital.

Martinez is being held on one count of aggravated assault.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I did a search last night and could not find any new info on how he is doing.

Martinez is being held on one count of aggravated assault.
    Why the hell isn't this ATTEMPTED MURDER?

Any legal begals out there to answer this question????

It sounds as though this all took place in Sheriff Joe's backyard - Maricopa County - oooh, bummer... hope Mr. Martinez likes pink underwear and green bologna.

I don't have the words.

Since I feel so helpless/hopeless about the whole situation with illegals, the only thing for me to do is get off this computer, and try to do my part to help this family.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Quote Originally Posted by anniealone
    I don't have the words.

Since I feel so helpless/hopeless about the whole situation with illegals, the only thing for me to do is get off this computer, and try to do my part to help this family.
    I know it seems that way sometimes, Annie, but we're NOT helpless/hopeless. Helping this veteran's family is fighting the scumbag who tried to kill Jason. The family needs all the help they can get.

Anything we can do, no matter how small, to open the eyes of our fellow citizens helps. I emailed Lou Dobbs once again after they charged this scumbag with a hate crime. Every little email, phone call, etc., is fighting for America.

Please keep the faith and let's kick some BoA butt big time.

Quote Originally Posted by had_enuf
    Quote Originally Posted by anniealone
    I don't have the words.

I know it seems that way sometimes, Annie, but we're NOT helpless/hopeless. Helping this veteran's family is fighting the scumbag who tried to kill Jason. The family needs all the help they can get.

Anything we can do, no matter how small, to open the eyes of our fellow citizens helps. I emailed Lou Dobbs once again after they charged this scumbag with a hate crime. Every little email, phone call, etc., is fighting for America.

Please keep the faith and let's kick some BoA butt big time.
    You are right had enuf. Lately though, I have gotten very discouraged. No worries, I am still doing my part, but have had the need to just back away a bit.

PS- Anyone have an update on him?
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

I have not heard one word about this Soldier on Network news after sending 6 programs this article, I guess one lone Soldier home from Iraq after winning a Bronze Star, felled by an illegal alien, let me amend that, a crinimal alien, is not news worthy, have I just about got that right? Oh no, we have to have our attention on a drugged out tramp, her sordid lifestyle, and the possibility of her daughter belonging to a possible 6 different men out there, and last but not least, who gets control of her body for heavens sake, that is so much more important I guess! Were doomed!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast