Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Some 150 Kids Sue Over Parents' Deportations

Jun 17, 11:44 AM EDT

More than 100 kids sue over parents' deportations

MIAMI (AP) -- Roughly 150 children are asking President Barack Obama to halt the deportations of their parents until Congress overhauls U.S. immigration laws.

The children are all U.S. citizens and say their constitutional rights are being violated because they, too, will likely have to leave the country if their parents are forced to leave.

The group is gathering Wednesday in Miami to talk about the case. They originally brought their lawsuit against the Bush administration. It was refiled in January in Miami.

The children's attorneys say the parents came to the U.S. before 1996 immigration changes made it more difficult for them to become legal residents, and thus expected they would be allowed to stay.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/ ... SECTION=US
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

this is insane!

It should read...

Roughly 150 ANCHOR BABIES are asking President Barack Obama to halt the deportations of their parents until Congress overhauls U.S. immigration laws...

they are not citizens--and never should be!!

they are not citizens--and never should be!!

Wouldn't it be nice if the anchors were reunited with their relatives in their parents home country? I'm sure when their parents came here that they left behind many family members and separated themselves from their family.

If I, and the members of this board, have anything to say about it, the law will NEVER change to allow your criminal parents to remaind in OUR country. Now go live in Mexico or explain to me why Mexico is such a terrible place that you need to fly its flag and shove it's superiority in my face.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This article is also in USA TODAY. You can post a comment on the USA TODAY online site at this link:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/200 ... tion_N.htm
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The separation described in the article is the fault of the parents not the United States. Standard international practice in this sort of case has traditionally been to keep the children with the parents and then permit them to return as adults provided they have not changed citizenship or committed infractions. I can only hope that the bill canceling the perversion of the 14th amendment by the precedent set by Supreme Court Justice Horace Gray goes through.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"Neither the U.S. Supreme Court nor Congress has ever explicitly ruled on whether the

U.S.-born children of illegal aliens are entitled to citizenship under the 14th Amendment"

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/may/09 ... /ed-birth9
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    I can only hope that the bill canceling the perversion of the 14th amendment by the precedent set by Supreme Court Justice Horace Gray goes through.
    I don't know of any bill which would do this, Horace Gray granted birthright citizenship to the children of legal Asian immigrants. His judgement had nothing to do with illegal aliens.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast