Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sonoran officials slam sanctions law in Tucson visit

http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/ss/family/74193

Sonoran officials slam sanctions law in Tucson visit
    SHERYL KORNMAN
    Published: 01.16.2008

A delegation of nine state legislators from Sonora was in Tucson on Tuesday to say Arizona's new employer sanctions law will have a devastating effect on the Mexican state.
    At a news conference, the legislators said Sonora - Arizona's southern neighbor, made up of mostly small towns - cannot handle the demand for housing, jobs and schools it will face as illegal Mexican workers here return to their hometowns without jobs or money.
    The law, which took effect Jan.1, punishes employers who knowingly hire individuals who don't have valid legal documents to work in the United States. Penalties include suspension or loss of a business license.
    Its intent is to eliminate or curtail the top draw for immigrants to this country - jobs.
    The Mexican delegation, members of Sonora's 58th Legislature, belong to the National Action Party (PAN), the party of Mexico's president, Felipe Calderón.
    They spoke at the offices of Project PPEP, a nonprofit that provides job retraining for farmworkers and other programs.
    The lawmakers were to travel to Phoenix for a Wednesday breakfast meeting with Hispanic legislators.
    They want to tell them how the law will affect Mexican families on both sides of the border.
    "How can they pass a law like this?" asked Mexican Rep. Leticia Amparano Gamez, who represents Nogales.
    "There is not one person living in Sonora who does not have a friend or relative working in Arizona," she said in Spanish.
    "Mexico is not prepared for this, for the tremendous problems" it will face as more and more Mexicans working in Arizona and sending money to their families return to hometowns in Sonora without jobs, she said.
    "We are one family, socially and economically," she said of the people of Sonora and Arizona.
    Amparano said the Mexican legislators are already asking the federal government of Mexico for help for Sonora.
    Rep. Florencio Diaz Armenta, coordinator of the delegation, represents San Luis, south of Yuma, one of Arizona's agricultural hubs, which employs some 28,000 legal Mexican workers.
    "What do we do with the repatriated?" he asked. "As Mexicans, we are worried. They are Mexicans but they are also people - fathers and mothers and young people with jobs" who won't have work in Sonora."
    He said the Arizona law will lead to "disintegration of the family," as one "legal" Mexican parent remains in Arizona and the other returns to Mexico.
    Rep. Francisco Garcia Gámez, a legislator from Cananea and that city's former mayor, said the lack of mining jobs there has driven many Mexicans to Arizona to find work. He said they depend on jobs in Arizona to feed their families on both sides of the border.
    Gov. Janet Napolitano, in her State of the State speech Monday, said the new law needs some modifications, including a better definition of what constitutes a complaint.
    Barrett Marson, director of communications for the Arizona House of Representatives, said Speaker Jim Weiers, R-Phoenix, "has some concerns about how the law will be administered and applied."
    He said the speaker sought testimony from the business community last fall "to get ideas about how to make following the law easier. In the end, that's what he wants - compliance, but make it as easy as possible to do."
    Marson said Weiers is "waiting for the governor to come out with her idea of what she wants to do" before he makes his own recommendations.

OK...I have made up my mind.I am going to buy that T-Shirt I saw on Cafe Press that shows a Mx. flag with red circle slash over and says NOT MY PROBLEM....

A delegation of nine state legislators from Sonora was in Tucson on Tuesday to say Arizona's new employer sanctions law will have a devastating effect on the Mexican state.
    At a news conference, the legislators said Sonora - Arizona's southern neighbor, made up of mostly small towns - cannot handle the demand for housing, jobs and schools it will face as illegal Mexican workers here return to their hometowns without jobs or money.
    I only have one thing to say.....UNFREAKING BELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!

OK...maybe two: Who in the hell do they think they are? The Mexican government has no shame! They acutally expect American taxpayer to take care of their citizens!! Mexico your citizens are not our freaking problem!!

Once any group is put on the welfare rolls they assume they have "right" to that money and with great loud voice hate the people who supply that money, human nature. America goes all over the world supplying large sums of money in order to buy friends in truth what we are doing is paying enemies not building friendships, simply it needs to stop............
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

It wouldn't be a problem if they hadn't sent them here to save their economy. It is now their turn to take care of their people. We're too broke to care.

"Mexico is not prepared for this, for the tremendous problems" it will face as more and more Mexicans working in Arizona and sending money to their families return to hometowns in Sonora without jobs, she said.

Mexico is not prepared because it has been exporting unemplymnet, education and healthcare problems to the USA, for us to pay for. It also exports crime.

Mexico is a fairly rich nation. It also has a lot of resources, such as OIL. It's time for this country (Mex.) to start getting ready.

It is always about them, well on this side of the border it is about us, so you figure out your side we will figure out ours and everything will be hunky dory.

And keep your criminals on your side please we are sick of them coming right back into our country after deport them.

And STAY THE HELL OUT OF OUR BUSINESS AND POLITICES!!!!

..................."RED ALERT" JAN. 16TH...........................
    HELP US WITH..."LOU DOBBS FOR PRESIDENT CAMPAIGN"

Instructions and information at link below!!
    Please read the special notice so you will understand the strategy behind this campaign
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... c&p=586834
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Sonoran officials

There are lots of churches, missions, and other aid groups who help Mexicans on the journey to the US. Let the Mexicans use these same places on their way home.

Simple solutions

I was laughing out loud when I read this article. What a hoot! Way too funny.

Oh! I forgot, Mexico. Ask me if I care.....
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

"We are one family, socially and economically," she said of the people of Sonora and Arizona.
    Uh, no we're not. LOL! We're Americans and you're Mexican. TWO DIFFERENT FAMILIES!
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast