Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Specter sees difficult road for an alien citizenship bill

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20060 ... -6329r.htm

Specter sees difficult road for an alien citizenship bill
    By Stephen Dinan and Jerry Seper
    THE WASHINGTON TIMES
    Published March 3, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Arlen Specter, kicking off the year's immigration debate yesterday, said a bill to grant citizenship to illegal aliens probably cannot pass the Congress.

"I wouldn't have any objection to [a bill]," the Pennsylvania Republican said. "But I think the political reality is that's going to be very difficult to do and to get a bill."

Mr. Specter is racing to produce an immigration bill out of his committee before the end of the month, when the Senate is scheduled to begin a floor debate on the issue. His proposal would allow new foreign workers temporary entry and would let current illegal aliens work legally and indefinitely -- though it would not create a path to citizenship.

The committee will begin voting next week, and Republican senators indicate they will offer amendments to end birthright citizenship for those born to illegal aliens in the United States and to build more fence along the U.S.-Mexico border.

Senators are expected to offer other guest-worker proposals, including a version by Sens. John McCain, Arizona Republican, and Edward M. Kennedy, Massachusetts Democrat, that would create a 400,000-a-year worker program that would offer a path to citizenship for them and for most current illegal aliens.

Sen. Lindsey Graham, South Carolina Republican and a supporter of the McCain-Kennedy bill, said those calling for illegal aliens to go home need to grow up.

"America needs to mature on this issue, and they need to understand we've got a lot of people here for the right reason," he said.

Mr. Graham said illegal aliens contribute to the economy and take difficult jobs such as landscaping, and he noted that as a golfer he probably benefits from their labor.

That infuriated one observer, Peter Gadiel, a co-founder of 9/11 Families for a Secure America, whose son died in the attack on the World Trade Center.

"I would have thought that a senator of the United States would consider the lives of the 3,000 people lost on 9/11 and the lives lost every day to crimes committed by illegal aliens would be worth more than his ... cheaper greens fees," he said. "I think Senator Graham is a disgrace, an absolute disgrace, to make that kind of statement."

Mr. Gadiel promised to campaign against anyone who votes for legalization if someone from that program commits a crime or terrorist attack in the future.

Meanwhile in the House, Zapata County Sheriff Sigifredo Gonzalez Jr., head of the Texas Border Sheriffs Coalition, told a Judiciary Committee panel that all 16 sheriffs in the group think terrorists have "an interest and a desire" to exploit existing vulnerabilities on the nation's border.

El Paso County Sheriff Leo Samaniego said drug and human smugglers expose a hole in national security.

"If illicit organizations can bring in tons of narcotics through this region and work a distribution network that spans the entire country, then they can bring in the resources for terrorism as well," he said. "If illegal aliens can be smuggled through here in truck loads -- and they are -- then terrorist organizations can also covertly smuggle the people to carry out their plans."

Sheriff Gonzalez also said drug cartels have shown they are willing to fight to protect their drug loads and are a threat to U.S. law enforcement.

"They are able to monitor our office, home and cellular phone conversations," he said. "We recently received information that the cartels immediately across our border are planning on killing as many police officers as possible on the U.S. side. This is being planned for the purpose of attempting to 'scare us' away from the border."
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Sen. Lindsey Graham, South Carolina Republican and a supporter of the McCain-Kennedy bill, said those calling for illegal aliens to go home need to grow up.
    That sentence got my anger a little roused up!

Lindsey needs a good swift kick in the rear!

"America needs to mature on this issue, and they need to understand we've got a lot of people here for the right reason," he said.

Mr. Graham said illegal aliens contribute to the economy and take difficult jobs such as landscaping, and he noted that as a golfer he probably benefits from their labor.
    Well, Mr. Graham, after that stupid statement of yours, I hope the SC people vote you out in November! And maybe you are the one that needs to grow up .Hiring illegals to carry your golf clubs, are ya? Well, then that's breaking US law and you need to be punished to the full extent of the law!
    That's the problem here with these pro-illegal politicans, they USE the services of the illegals. These a**holes need to be put out of office in November. Those of you in SC, be sure to spread the word about Mr. Graham's comments in this article. Heck, I'd print it out and mail to every voter I knew! Make sure this guy loses his job!
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

Sellout Specter is feeling the heat! We almost have them on the run!

http://www.alipac.us/article1085.html

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    More on this subject at...

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-18342.html

contact info for Lindsey Graham...

Washington Office
    290 Russell Senate Office Building
    Washington, DC 20510
    (202) 224-5972 phone

Upstate Regional Office
    101 East Washington Street, Suite 220
    Greenville, South Carolina 29601
    (864) 250-1417

Midlands Regional Office
    508 Hampton Street, Suite 202
    Columbia, South Carolina 29201
    (803) 933-0112 phone

Pee Dee Regional Office
    McMillan Federal Building
    401 West Evans Street, Suite 226B
    Florence, South Carolina 29501
    (843) 669-1505 phone

Lowcountry Regional Office
    530 Johnnie Dodds Boulevard, Suite 202
    Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina 29464
    (843) 849-3887 phone

Piedmont Regional Office
    140 East Main Street, Suite 110
    Rock Hill, South Carolina 29730
    (803) 366-2828 phone

Golden Corner Regional Office (part-time)
    135 Eagles Nest Drive, Suite B
    Seneca, South Carolina 29678
    (864) 888-3330

Thanks PinestrawGuys!

Ive added a link on the homepage article notes into this thread so people can see your contact info for Graham to call him up.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just Left a message with Senator Graham

just left a message with Senator Grahams office on his comments about America needing to mature on illegal immigration!

I said he was out of touch with Americans and appears to be looking for ways to justify amnesty for illegal immigrants.

Mass_Citizen

You, need to start packin, Bud, and I'm getting ready to pick up the phone to tell you so.
    Pinestraws, thanks for providing the phone number.

Yeah, that Lindsey Graham is a piece of work.

Someone told me he signed on to McAmnesty in order to try to get on as McCain's running mate.

Speaking of McCain, here's a little survey:

In January 2009, John McCain will be:

A). In the White House

B). Back in the Senate after losing a close election for the Republican Nomination for President on account of not being able to solidify support from conservatives.

C). Camped out in the mountains of Northern Mexico after having been chased out of the U.S. by a mob of pitchfork-wielding citizens.

by the way

------------------

By the way: Keep an eye out for my book

"Immigration Politics"

which should be in print soon. I signed off on the galleys the other day and the book should be available for purchase from Author House within a few weeks and from places like amazon.com about a month or so after that.