Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

SPLC Attacks Catholic Church Lecture Series

Southern Povery Law Center Attacks Catholic Church Lecture Series
    Catholic University Pulls Lectures Because of SPLC

The Southern Poverty Law Center is at it again. This time, the PC police have dragooned Catholic University into dropping lectures by two Catholic men who were discussing the topic of “Catholic Communities.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

One of those men is our friend, and a regular speaker at the annual SBC Conference, John Sharpe.
    What does SBC stand for? Southern Baptist Convention?

As long as there is money to be made in race-baiting groups like the SPLC will stick around. Living across from a middle school I would guess that the "people of color" enjoy a much better social life, starting at a young age, than the "majority" race who delay gratification in preparation for a responsible and productive life.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't know if I would agree or disagree with whatever was/is going to be presented in that lecture series. And, quite frankly would consider it none of my business, especially since it seems to revolve around benign religious type stuff. However, I do know that I vehemently disagree with allowing the SPLC to succeed in dictating what the voluntary participants can hear and thus ultimately what I can hear.

The SPLC approach flies in the face of our culture and heritage as a nation. The concept of "I may not agree with what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it" served us well in the evolution of this nation. We may not have always been right, but at least we had the opportunity to search for truth -- and there is no assurance that SPLC is ultimately right either. The "Land of the free and the home of the brave" has become the land of the politically correct controlled and the home of the emasculated sheepeons.

IMHO, SPLC operates more as a mind control cult than anything. As far as I know, SPLC has no objective criteria for what constitutes "hate-speech". Many times it's just whatever they don't want heard. Valid criticism, mild disagreement, and even a difference of opinion can be hate speech to them. As with any cult, they use the threat of banishment (from what they deem acceptable society) and humiliation to retain control. And as with any cult, the best way to deal with it is to fight to retain your own individuality and thought independence and tell them to f-off -- which I wish that Catholic University had done.